Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

since when has likud cared about potentially looking bad

they don't

that's why American pro-Israel figures are p much openly begging Bibi to start caring about looking bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TrilliontonNixon posted:

America must stay in Syria for the long term in order defeat the vast Persian empire, says random Brookings shithead.

It's hilarious how quickly he hops from "The world seems to be dreading Bolton's inevitable Iranian clusterfuck," to "Okay, but if you really want to take down the Iranians you gotta spread that clusterfuck around the whole region."

Who knew that the failing new york times has always been pro-war

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/...col-left-region

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Again with the crusade for absolute ideological purity. Every one of you would be applauding this if it was carried out by communist rebels, but because the guy's a liberal it's suddenly a bad thing.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Speaking of, Senator John McCain is defending liberalism in this week's Economist

Not sure if anybody's up for a hateread, I'm drinking right now and was thinking of checking in on a certain Mr. Brooks

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Israel stumbles into Hamas's trap by blowing up a shepherd with a tank shell unprovoked, which is what stoked the Land Day march in the first place. Weird how that's missing from this article. :thunk:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

jfc

not shooting civilians: a way to avoid falling into Hamas' clever trap

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i laughed and then had to check the date on the article to make sure i wasnt had

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

dear god

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

loving lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/981383721273225216

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Friedman has surpassed galaxy brain or even universe brain. His brain encompasses realms we never knew existed.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol at that article calling bari weiss a "robust crusader for campus free speech"

bearbaiter
May 30, 2011
friedman looks way too much like michael parenti to suck so bad. its like glen beck's trotsky look, but worse. just shameful

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

what a garbage loving article

good to know that all the controversy is coming from the spoiled, overly-woke millennials whose participation-medal upbringings means they're unwilling to unquestioningly follow the dictators of a real adult

loving piece of poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the BBC has been turned into cops under cameron and may

the BBC are always cops for whoever is in power, they used to be insanely pro-blair when he was PM.
Their executives are all chosen by the government cause its two jobs are state propaganda news and terrible telly tripe like sherlock

fun fact: when the tories first got in they actually changed the BBC colours to blue to represent the change in leadership, then changed it back to red because it was a little on the nose.
I can't find any pictures of this though because googles new search algorithms suck insanely bad

once corbyn smashes the tories it'll go left and itll be hilarious the amount of crying that will come from the centre right guardianistas

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The article reminded of the fact that months into Glenn Thrush's new beat in the Housing and Urban Development department he missed the scoop on the Carson's table story, the most notable story the department produced in decades.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pospysyl posted:

The article reminded of the fact that months into Glenn Thrush's new beat in the Housing and Urban Development department he missed the scoop on the Carson's table story, the most notable story the department produced in decades.

hahaha thats hilarious

these youngins dont realize that we have a way of doing things that involves abetting sexual harassers who suck at their jobs for a reason

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/04/what-motivated-the-youtube-shooters-terrorism/557237/

quote:

According to the Los Angeles Times, investigators are looking at a website bearing Nasim Aghdam’s name. (Authorities haven’t yet confirmed the website was hers.) The garish and poorly organized site rails against YouTube and its workers. “There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!” it says.

In one section, the writer alleges that “close-minded youtube employees ... began filtering my videos to reduce views & suppress & discaurage [sic] me from making videos.”

In another erratic paragraph, the writer warns that “dictatorship exists in all countries,” then alludes to Hitler’s “big lie” theory of propaganda. “There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered & merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos!” she says.

Does she actually reference Hitler or "big lie"? Because this sounds like Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent more than anything. love 2 label criticism of capitalism as fascism.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I've worked at a University for two years and I have never heard of "safe spaces" until right wing media wouldn't shut up about them.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Apr 4, 2018

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/04/what-motivated-the-youtube-shooters-terrorism/557237/

Does she actually reference Hitler or "big lie"? Because this sounds like Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent more than anything. love 2 label criticism of capitalism as fascism.

her site was taken down a few hours ago but there's a few hundred archives of it taken just before that

it does in fact quote hitler but like.... she's right, and so is hitler

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

she's right, and so is hitler

:trumppop:

I kid. That there is no such thing as unbiased mass media is not unique to hitler's views. Pretty fuckin dumbass person to quote on the topic tho

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Apr 4, 2018

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/jessicavalenti/status/981898300239548416?s=21
maybe they're slowly realizing that hiring him might've been a bad idea

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

probably what happened, is that some higher ups were forced into conversation with him, and they couldn't help but notice just how grotesque he is in person

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

i dont mean his repugnant ideas, im talking strictly his awful face, beard, and the permanently inflated wattle it struggles to conceal

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Hahaha

The sad thing I must confess is that Friedman is right that Putin has been awful for Russia

Which is not to say if Putin were pro-west, Friedman wouldn't be all for him

And of course he thinks silicon valley and THE MARKET are going to take Putin down, which is pathetic beyond all human comprehension, because obviously PROCESSING POWER in goddamn microchips can't be used for tyranny or I don't know, getting a scumbag filled with racist spiders elected president

He's such a simpleminded buffoon

He really needs a strong nickname like Boris Johnson (it is Bojo FYI)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

when your a genius

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

It's like Faces of Meth

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/jessicavalenti/status/981955064515448833?s=21
you can already hear Bret Stephens furiously typing up his next column

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

aware of dog posted:

lmfao omg i cant wait

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

aware of dog posted:

l m a oooooooowned

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this jeffrey goldberg person sounds like a real genius folks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

aware of dog posted:

lmao

what tweet and podcast is he referring to since he apparently ignored the entirety of williamson's work when hiring him

also congrats to williamson on lasting longer than the 4channer nazi lady at the nyt

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

this jeffrey goldberg person sounds like a real genius folks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao

what tweet and podcast is he referring to since he apparently ignored the entirety of williamson's work when hiring him

also congrats to williamson on lasting longer than the 4channer nazi lady at the nyt

an episode of the national review podcast from 2014 lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/jamilsmith/status/981914026203467776

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i mean at least he's being honest about what saying "abortion is murder" and also supporting the death penalty would necessarily lead to.

fired for having more intellectual honesty than any other conservative pundit (and giving up the game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/981971962988716032