Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Foolster41 posted:

Because what the empire needs is another shuttle. :smug:

Where’s my delta class shuttle FFG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Is that thing real? Palpatine is misspelled, and they don't capitalize U-Wing and TIE Reaper consistently through the article.

We all know FFG doesn't ever make mistakes in their articles

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

canyoneer posted:

Is that thing real? Palpatine is misspelled, and they don't capitalize U-Wing and TIE Reaper consistently through the article.

We all know FFG doesn't ever make mistakes in their articles

The striking red and white paint scheme returned too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Ultra Carp
On the other hand, it seems like it'd be a lot of effort to come up with a fake that detailed only to make up "the shuttle has a hard stop and sloop" :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Devlan Mud posted:

The striking red and white paint scheme returned too.

Someone at FFG is Red-Black colourblind, it's an extremely debilitating condition

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Forms came out this week from FFG/Asmodee asking shops what regionals they would be interested in hosting this year. Seems a little early to me. Maybe they are changing time periods again to spread them out now that Legion is on the list?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Hey all, after some advice: I've got a decent collection of wangs that I've been working on painting up. I've mostly been doing it for my own amusement, but there's a bring'n'buy at the local nerdcave this weekend.

What I want to get opinions on is, do you think it's worth trying to sell ships painted to this sort of standard by themselves?

I'm thinking :10bux: for ship and matching dial, cos I mostly just want to clear space. Is it all about the cards, a crapshoot, or what? Obviously it's just opinions, but I wanted to hear what people had to say before I bother carting them down there. I've got imps and rebs too, but they're painted as squads, so less likely to work at this sort of event.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Raged posted:

Forms came out this week from FFG/Asmodee asking shops what regionals they would be interested in hosting this year. Seems a little early to me. Maybe they are changing time periods again to spread them out now that Legion is on the list?

I'm hoping they've learned from last eyar and/or hired new staff so they're actually getting their poo poo together on it this time. It all happened INSANELY late last year. 9 months notice is about right for planning events with 100+ people over two days.

And either way, early is WAY better than late.

lofi posted:

Hey all, after some advice: I've got a decent collection of wangs that I've been working on painting up. I've mostly been doing it for my own amusement, but there's a bring'n'buy at the local nerdcave this weekend.

What I want to get opinions on is, do you think it's worth trying to sell ships painted to this sort of standard by themselves?

I'm thinking :10bux: for ship and matching dial, cos I mostly just want to clear space. Is it all about the cards, a crapshoot, or what? Obviously it's just opinions, but I wanted to hear what people had to say before I bother carting them down there. I've got imps and rebs too, but they're painted as squads, so less likely to work at this sort of event.

If you're just selling them for fun money, fine, but it would be good to charge a decent amount. Seriously undercharging for the time and expertise it takes to paint to high quality really hurts people who paint on commission. Think about how many hours it took you to paint, pay yourself $20 an hour at least, then add the cost of the mini and the cards, you're probably looking at $50 plus for a mini of that quality. But that's on commission - if people don't want blue-with-white stripes, probably a lot less. It's a tough balance to strike.

If you just want to shift all your poo poo though, ebay is probably your best bet, but bulk lots get MUCH lower value per unit than if you take the time to break it all down into singles.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 6, 2018

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

And people on the FFG board came to consensus that Stealth Device goes away after the first TLT attack, because Stealth Device is worded "if you are hit" not "after an attack that hits,". Harpoon Missles/condition use the "if you are hit by an attack' wording, and from my understanding, that can trigger between TLT shots. But I ain't referring to a flow chart to play plastic ships.

So really, FFG being FFG.

Stealth Device says "...after you re hit by an attack..." so wouldn't the "attack" be considered both TLT shots? Same reason that you can't use regen on both TLT shots since they are considered "an attack"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

lazerus06 posted:

Stealth Device says "...after you re hit by an attack..." so wouldn't the "attack" be considered both TLT shots? Same reason that you can't use regen on both TLT shots since they are considered "an attack"

No, it doesn't.

It says 'if you are hit by an attack'.

That would be step 6 of the timing chart.

After you are it by an attack would be step 8 (for a non-attack like this).

The timing chart is mostly pretty clear. I just wish they would revise the rules to include it now.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Hey look it's all the pillars of X-Wing plus bombs and regen

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
One of the streamers in Australia is running 5 Quadjumpers at the Campaign Against Cancer.

https://www.twitch.tv/wiredunplugged

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Love it!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Raged posted:

One of the streamers in Australia is running 5 Quadjumpers at the Campaign Against Cancer.

https://www.twitch.tv/wiredunplugged

:allears:

Quadjumper Meta was a thing I never knew I wanted to see.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I bought an ARC-170 and it actually should be pretty neato

Looks pretty good with the refit + tail gunner

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Wouldn't that be a Pentajumper list? :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Recoome posted:

I bought an ARC-170 and it actually should be pretty neato

Looks pretty good with the refit + tail gunner

The ARC has some really good builds, my favorite of which is Push the Limit/BB-8/Kyle Katarn/Engine Upgrade/Refit.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Some Numbers posted:

The ARC has some really good builds, my favorite of which is Push the Limit/BB-8/Kyle Katarn/Engine Upgrade/Refit.

I will never stop loving "Bring Your Kid To Work Day" lists with the ARC-170. I know they aren't meta-competitive, but I LOVE THEM.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

You can stick Norra in a lowrick/steathipeed/X list and do well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cobbsprite posted:

I will never stop loving "Bring Your Kid To Work Day" lists with the ARC-170. I know they aren't meta-competitive, but I LOVE THEM.

Agreed.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're just selling them for fun money, fine, but it would be good to charge a decent amount. Seriously undercharging for the time and expertise it takes to paint to high quality really hurts people who paint on commission. Think about how many hours it took you to paint, pay yourself $20 an hour at least, then add the cost of the mini and the cards, you're probably looking at $50 plus for a mini of that quality. But that's on commission - if people don't want blue-with-white stripes, probably a lot less. It's a tough balance to strike.

If you just want to shift all your poo poo though, ebay is probably your best bet, but bulk lots get MUCH lower value per unit than if you take the time to break it all down into singles.

Good point. Yeah, I think ebay is the best option here. I'm not in a massive rush, so I'll just list them and see if I get any takers. (Totally not jumping on the excuse not to sell my babies)

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Just made the top 16 cut at the Victorian regionals. Ended up 5-1 with Rey and Lowhrick and placed 7th. Pretty happy, but i'm pretty sure I'll be paired up against a friend for the top 16 match which sucks.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Just made the top 16 cut at the Victorian regionals. Ended up 5-1 with Rey and Lowhrick and placed 7th. Pretty happy, but i'm pretty sure I'll be paired up against a friend for the top 16 match which sucks.

Congrats. Really wish I could have made it down looks like they had a good turn out.

Also glad to see Ahkter made the top cut with good ole Bossk/Assaj

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Couple of Adelaide blokes made it too, hope they beat you, it'd only be fair :p

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

jivjov posted:

Wouldn't that be a Pentajumper list? :v:

I think it's an Icosajumper list.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

hoiyes posted:

Couple of Adelaide blokes made it too, hope they beat you, it'd only be fair :p

Sorry, but I couldn't let anyone take the trophy out of the state :)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Haha congrats, hey look at least you know you don't have to pick on us to win a Regional!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Congrats on back to back wins. That was some nice flying. You better go to Nats this year.

Went 4-0 at my flgs's monthly with Nym/Joe/Torani. Fun day. but 1st game was against my friend who flies the Incredible Bulk. We have played each other with these list at least 10 times with my winning about 6 out 10. I blew up one of his ghosts and he just quit and started complaining about harpoons being bullshit and did not say a word to me the rest of the day. It put a real dampener on the day.

Edit: Kongs top 4 game where Lowie just evades 4 tlt shot... amazing

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 8, 2018

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Are there vids of this?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Search is broken so I can't tell if this is an evergreen question.

Did you all just spring for the branded mats, or is there a common recommendation for cheaping out? It doesn't look like UltraPro does 3x3. Is there a best recommendation for an online vendor if I'm happy with solid black?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Huxley posted:

Did you all just spring for the branded mats, or is there a common recommendation for cheaping out? It doesn't look like UltraPro does 3x3. Is there a best recommendation for an online vendor if I'm happy with solid black?

I'm of the opinion that a mat is a mat is a mat. As long as it's not made from some slick material where all the ships slide around like mad, it's good.

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

Huxley posted:

In the dark times, I would play on cabinet liner, since the surface actually helped prevent accidentally bumping ships out of place and it was cheap.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Huxley posted:

A long time a go in a Galaxy far far away I just went and bought the basic starfield neoprene playmat from FFG and it's served me well through the years. I originally wanted to get the Death Star, Death Star 2 w/ Endor, and Besbin mats but opted not to since I had some dumb concern that they would get tiresome. This turned out to be a pretty dumb concern since you hardly ever pay attention to what's actually printed on the mat when you play. Also my FLGS had all those fancy mats along with Hoth and SKB anyway and like ConfusedUs said: a mat is a mat.

As long as it's 3'x3' or whatever and your plastic ships don't slide around on it then you're good to go. Get it from wherever.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! I was half hoping for some well-known third party that Google was being cagy about, but for the time being

soulfulspinster posted:

In the dark times, I would play on cabinet liner, since the surface actually helped prevent accidentally bumping ships out of place and it was cheap.

Assuming you are talking about the bumpy material like also goes under rugs and not contact paper, I've got a 12x8 sheet of that folded up in garage and no good reason not to carve it up.

Never would have thought about it for this, thanks!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Campaign against cancer owns. Best event of the year every year.

I got a really sweet set of wooden coasters.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Were they the focus token coasters? We had a few sets of those in Minnesota too. They looked so cool.

Speaking of cool, I won this amazing custom YV666. I think I need to find a list to run it with.

https://imgur.com/Qb44z9r

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyonero posted:

Were they the focus token coasters? We had a few sets of those in Minnesota too. They looked so cool.

Speaking of cool, I won this amazing custom YV666. I think I need to find a list to run it with.

https://imgur.com/Qb44z9r

It's a whole set of X-Wing symbols. The focus token was the top one, visible, but there's also hit, crit, and evade

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Cobbsprite posted:

I prefer to call my Shara/Poe Norra/Snap list "Motherboy" but otherwise agreed.

That or "Operation Hot Mother."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I flew the Bulk again for the cancer tournament. Was a ton of fun, still.

Best round was pinning a Whisper in between all three ships in such a way that he couldn't decloak or escape. That's a dead Whisper.

TremorX posted:

I prefer to call my Shara/Poe Norra/Snap list "Motherboy" but otherwise agreed.

That or "Operation Hot Mother."

Arrested Development is/was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

Huxley posted:

Assuming you are talking about the bumpy material like also goes under rugs and not contact paper, I've got a 12x8 sheet of that folded up in garage and no good reason not to carve it up.

Never would have thought about it for this, thanks!

I kinda prefer it to the official mats tbh, this is a good example of what I’m talking about btw.

https://www.target.com/p/con-tact-brand-174-grip-premium-non-adhesive-shelf-liner-excel-grip-alloy-gray-12-x10/-/A-52047673

• Locked thread