Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

axeil posted:

It's Victoria 3 and I won't accept their insistence that it isn't.

Real pro move would've been to announce Vicky 3 yesterday but actually have it be a real announcement and confuse everyone.

It's probably Rome 2 given they ruled out Vicky but not Rome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I'd be happy with either tbh

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Rome 2 is actually Victoria: Rome

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
They will pull a DICE and announce EU1.

When is this announcement?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I want to share this absolutely god awful Victoria map

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Christ, there's some choice stuff in there.

I guess you were Scandinavia? That's something that usually doesn't happen, and its borders don't make me want to vomit. And I think you were cockblocking Germany via holding Schleswig?

Also, all that blue in Africa is confusing the hell out of me.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TheMcD posted:

I guess you were Scandinavia? That's something that usually doesn't happen, and its borders don't make me want to vomit. And I think you were cockblocking Germany via holding Schleswig?

Japan, iirc. No way an AI Japan takes a chunk of Australia

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Victoria 3 needs to include a mechanic whereby a conference of nations can be called to address the issue of bordergore. The AI should be willing to cede their snakey bullshit in the collective interest of Sensible Borders.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Wrong, that Netherlands owns.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

TheMcD posted:

I'm Japan, AI founded Scandinavia all on its own!

Phlegmish posted:

Wrong, that Netherlands owns.

Ik heb nog nooit van België gehoord

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Mediocre posted:

Victoria 3 needs to include a mechanic whereby a conference of nations can be called to address the issue of bordergore. The AI should be willing to cede their snakey bullshit in the collective interest of Sensible Borders.

The funny thing is this would actually be fairly historically accurate. Especially if the borders being changed belonged to countries that weren't even party to the conference.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The funny thing is this would actually be fairly historically accurate. Especially if the borders being changed belonged to countries that weren't even party to the conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WO73Dh7rY

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Making AH nearly the same color as the ocean will always be funny to me.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ms Adequate posted:

Also used to refer to someone thuggish, i.e. if you didn't pay lowtax the don his re-reg protection money he'd send his goons to see you.

"used to" nothing, anyone outside of SA would still tell you that the word goon is synonymous with hired thug

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

VostokProgram posted:

"used to" nothing, anyone outside of SA would still tell you that the word goon is synonymous with hired thug

https://youtu.be/YK2Mrh8HPIQ

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Ik heb nog nooit van België gehoord

The way it should have been

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Crusader Kings 2 is free on Steam right now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Crusader Kings 3 confirmed then, I guess.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Have there been any announcements about what seminars and/or mod teams will be present at pdxcon this year? Could've sworn this was all announced and known by this time for last year's con.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

So I downloaded this, opened it up, looked at the screen and then closed the game again. I have absolutely no idea what my first moves even are, let alone what my end goals should be. How do I even interact with anything? And I'm coming off of Stellaris so I understand the open-ended nature of these kinds of games, but the tutorial pop ups don't even walk you through basic interactions. What do I do? What are the good beginner's guides for this kind of thing?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Deleter posted:

let alone what my end goals should be.

gently caress your horse

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Deleter posted:

So I downloaded this, opened it up, looked at the screen and then closed the game again. I have absolutely no idea what my first moves even are, let alone what my end goals should be. How do I even interact with anything? And I'm coming off of Stellaris so I understand the open-ended nature of these kinds of games, but the tutorial pop ups don't even walk you through basic interactions. What do I do? What are the good beginner's guides for this kind of thing?

https://lparchive.org/Crusader-Kings-2/
The game's had a ton of updates since this LP so some of the exact features will be different, but it should give you some ideas about what's possible and what you should be doing. I'd also recommend starting in Ireland in 1066 like in this LP, we call it "Tutorial Island" for a reason. After that maybe try playing as the Duke of Apulia (Southern Italy, 1066) for a more advanced but still not too difficult start.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Deleter posted:

start in ireland, form the kingdom

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

don't start in ireland because it's loving boring

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

cool new Metroid game posted:

don't start in ireland because it's loving boring

You can really rocket off with the new CBs now, actually.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

spectralent posted:

You can really rocket off with the new CBs now, actually.
There are new CBs?

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

last patch/dlc added some new CB stuff but I've not played in a while so forgot about them.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

The AAR Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga on the Paradox forums is a good one for learners too.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Start as an Anglo-Saxon Earl in 1066 and after William conquers England try to overthrow him

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Hope you guys know how to appreciate the worst 1936 map I have ever seen in my life. Jesus Christ. Help us all. Things that got a little worse:

China is partitioned in two
Denmark is independent
loving British Normandy and Brittany
Netherlands took Picardie
Tuscany freed
Still uncolonized Africa and Russia

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 9, 2018

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hope you guys know how to appreciate the worst 1936 map I have ever seen in my life. Jesus Christ. Help us all. Things that got a little worse:

Denmark is independent
Tuscany freed

Welp, time to transfer to HoI4 and begin the Final Solution for Pretty Borders.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Fintilgin posted:

Welp, time to transfer to HoI4 and begin the Final Solution for Pretty Borders.

I'm preparing to transfer to HOI4 but I am absolutely clueless how this cluster is going to be fixed. In the span of 30 years I think every GP but Scandinavia and I flipped sides and fought each other. There's no ideological hate between countries, all are monarchies in the Great War. The US never fought once.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Denmark is independent
Tuscany freed

Canada... :negative:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm preparing to transfer to HOI4 but I am absolutely clueless how this cluster is going to be fixed. In the span of 30 years I think every GP but Scandinavia and I flipped sides and fought each other. There's no ideological hate between countries, all are monarchies in the Great War. The US never fought once.

You might want to wait a little while longer, unless you're doing it by hand. I haven't got the converter updated for 1.5 yet, and 1.5.2 is supposed to drop tomorrow, which will set me back a little again.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Convert to CWE and skip hoi :getin:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Germany and The Hungarian Germany seem to be trying to make some kind of marble cake or battenburg

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RabidWeasel posted:

Germany and The Hungarian Germany seem to be trying to make some kind of marble cake or battenburg
It looks like a really terrible diagonal flag.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so i'm trying to pick this back up, thought i'd have a nice easy time as russia and starting up my budget is miles in the red

don't want to scrap the fleet; what is to be done? as far as i can tell, there are automatic buy orders for absolutely enormous amounts of boats which seems to blow up my budget; will this eventually cease or do i need to do something drastic

feller
Jul 5, 2006

That almost sounds like you’re playing Victoria 2... but not quite. What game is “this”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

V. Illych L. posted:

so i'm trying to pick this back up, thought i'd have a nice easy time as russia and starting up my budget is miles in the red

don't want to scrap the fleet; what is to be done? as far as i can tell, there are automatic buy orders for absolutely enormous amounts of boats which seems to blow up my budget; will this eventually cease or do i need to do something drastic

If you're talking about Victoria 2, and if you have one of the expansions (I forget which) you should be able to slash the naval stockpile budget to nothing. You'll still have your boats, but they won't be able to fight for poo poo. Better than scrapping them, however.

Navies are expensive and as Russia they're a luxury anyways.