Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
night slime
May 14, 2014

titties posted:

Craft the guns and send them to storage. The rounds will be in storage. you can then break down the guns to get some of the mats back.

I only get 2 for the 12 gauge rounds when I craft a rasp shotgun. It's still cheaper but man that seems slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014
Oh I guess it wants the gun to be reloaded before it gives you the ammo. Whatever I guess.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You get regular ammo, but you should be moving on to the good stuff, unless you really want to go Rambo every time you go into the field and kill everything you see. It is really a waste of time and effort. Your primary shotgun should be recycled, not the Rasp. I let the heavy gun fill that void instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpAeEk3YtA

poptart_fairy posted:

Balls, no Foodie trophy despite meticulously recording the animals I devour. I bet I've missed one, so have to go bird hunting all over again.... :negative:
The storks (and that hard to get drop) you are looking for are in the sanctuary zone where you picked up the boy and fought those bird things.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 31, 2018

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
The only exception I might make to that is if you get an amrs(?) assault rifle with a laser sight. That thing is as accurate as a sniper rifle and does crazy good dmg.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The next update should have an enemy spawning wormhole that you can place like the teleporter, it would be fun to use near people who hide and dont do anything in multiplayer

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I let the miner take damage if my team slacks off.

Or worse, exclude them from the victory fist bump.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'll start using the good ammo when the good ammo recipies drop.

Until then the grey stuff kills poo poo just fine. The enemies aren't bullet-sponges like some games with this kind of RPG mechanics.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

night slime posted:

I only get 2 for the 12 gauge rounds when I craft a rasp shotgun. It's still cheaper but man that seems slow.

Yeah, you only get however many rounds the gun holds in a single clip or whatever. It's only really worth it for getting 30 rounds of 5.56 by crafting the green assault rifle.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
So the premium boost doesn't affect multiplayer?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Only for event points.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah. Singleplayer is the best way to get Kuban energy as a result, but multi showers you with loot.

I'm hoping battle points will eventually be used like tokens in Warcraft, where you can exchange them for specific items or blueprints.

titties
May 10, 2012

Did they nerf Bigmouth drops or was I just unlucky?

I just beat lvl 43 bigmouth and he dropped 1 purple gear, 1 purple weapon, and 3 blue mats.

I watched a video of some dude beating a lvl 43 bigmouth and he got purple mats and multiple orange gear and weapon cases.

What did you guys get?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You're just unlucky. The epic drop rate is absolutely tiny.

Anyone know if the big mouth and frostbite SP fights are gated by real time, or ingame time?

titties
May 10, 2012

I just watched the video all the way through and his orange cases gave purples that I think I already have?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You got hosed. I also got some manuals.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

titties posted:

I just watched the video all the way through and his orange cases gave purples that I think I already have?

Duplicates will be in your inventory like any other item. As coffee said you got hosed out of anything good. :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Duplicates will be in your inventory like any other item. As coffee said you got hosed out of anything good. :v:

Right but what I'm saying is that when the guy in the video opened his orange cases he got purples from them.

I thought he was going to unlock things I hadn't seen before but they were a purple sniper and chest that I have myself. His were probably better but still

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When you beat Frostbite, you better get two upgrade manuals for Epics.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Whoops, forgot to reassign my defense squad after doing some house cleaning.

I can do some base renovation now at least!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

For those who've dropped :10bux: on additional character slots, is base progress and design blueprints for weapons etc shared? I didn't pick up the missable story achievement and there's no way to go back for it unless I either pick up another slot and go through again or delete my guy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blueprints and all of your materials are shared. You can craft the high level stations and base defenses right from the start if you have the materials for them. Even if you delete your lone save and make a new one, you still won't lose them as you have a super secret 'server' file that you can't access. There's no way to truly start over from scratch (which is actually kind of a bummer).

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
How do I use weapon upgrade kits? I have a blue rarity bow, and 2 purple upgrade kits. Do I need a bow of the same class to use it?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The upgrade kits are resources you need to upgrade purple weapons/gear with the 'Strengthen' option

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This game is super heavily discounted on amazon right now, if you want the disc version. I just picked it up today for 14.99 (I checked later and it was 15.50 or so). I hope to see you all online when I get it on Wednesday!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rookoo posted:

How do I use weapon upgrade kits? I have a blue rarity bow, and 2 purple upgrade kits. Do I need a bow of the same class to use it?

Upgrade kits are for purples. Blue equipment can be upgraded just using blue mats.

night slime
May 14, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Blueprints and all of your materials are shared. You can craft the high level stations and base defenses right from the start if you have the materials for them. Even if you delete your lone save and make a new one, you still won't lose them as you have a super secret 'server' file that you can't access. There's no way to truly start over from scratch (which is actually kind of a bummer).

Maybe a new PSN profile would work, I don't know whether or not they share system saves though.

night slime fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 3, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsurvive/comments/89c20l/detailed_patch_notes_106/

New event starts on the 10th, no info yet, and Big Mouth/Frostbite now respawn in the world. Containers also can drop legendary stuff which should make them a bit more worthwhile.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsurvive/comments/89c20l/detailed_patch_notes_106/

New event starts on the 10th, no info yet, and Big Mouth/Frostbite now respawn in the world. Containers also can drop legendary stuff which should make them a bit more worthwhile.
I guess the container I got my legendary shotgun from was a fixed one and not a side quest one? Huh.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's a purple shotgun that shows in an early 'a container has washed up'. AFAIK everyone gets it, and it's the only purple you can get from containers.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just hope this means they can now drop schematics for ammo and so on. I want my explosive arrows, ffs.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey, sorry to whoever was trying to get hold of me earlier. I have message notifications turned off when playing singleplayer stuff, and missed you. Sorry. :shobon:

titties
May 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Hey, sorry to whoever was trying to get hold of me earlier. I have message notifications turned off when playing singleplayer stuff, and missed you. Sorry. :shobon:

That was me, no problem. I just wanted to see if you'd like to be added to the psn group message for rad bros (hint: you do not)

Also, they pushed out a couple of patches in the last few days and one of them definitely made your soups spoil like 10X faster. It's not a huge issue if you have 45 animals stuffed into your base and gear with the food conservation perk but still

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

titties posted:

That was me, no problem. I just wanted to see if you'd like to be added to the psn group message for rad bros (hint: you do not)

Also, they pushed out a couple of patches in the last few days and one of them definitely made your soups spoil like 10X faster. It's not a huge issue if you have 45 animals stuffed into your base and gear with the food conservation perk but still

Wait really? Fuuuuck, I don’t want to do my next story mission to get back to Afghanistan. At least not without ammo pouches for my rib cage armor. :smith:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Having tried to watch a couple people stream this now after playing a good bit, this is one of those games that really sets off a specific thing that frustrates me bad, people very obviously not trying with a game, failing or being penalized in some way and then getting super indignant like it's the game's fault because nobody's gonna say anything. It's not surprising obviously, but good lord this game isn't that hard, people tripping over their own feet and then blaming the game because it's an easy target is some pea brain poo poo.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
No disagreement here, Sterling and Joe getting lovely because they were terrible is pretty loving funny, but the game does over explain the simple stuff.

titties posted:

I'll be around and available the next couple days. I'll be online but my partner's in the room, so can't get on VOIP.

I think food only Seems to be spoiling faster. Originally it'd just convert straight into kitchen waste.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Yardbomb posted:

Having tried to watch a couple people stream this now after playing a good bit, this is one of those games that really sets off a specific thing that frustrates me bad, people very obviously not trying with a game, failing or being penalized in some way and then getting super indignant like it's the game's fault because nobody's gonna say anything. It's not surprising obviously, but good lord this game isn't that hard, people tripping over their own feet and then blaming the game because it's an easy target is some pea brain poo poo.

It gets more peabrained when they are literally told to only use spear-and-fence all the time. Like, yeah, it’ll set you up with enough memory boards for the level up thing to unlock but it starts becoming worse the later you progress. The Mortars exist to poo poo all over your metal fences, I feel.

Like, the only thing I can agree with them is hunger and thirst being too big an issue way early on. I can vouch for early game being pretty rough even with Revive Pill abuse.

Fake Edit: Forgot to mention how the mere words “Metal Gear” tells them to stealth... and then prob forgetting to Backstab zombies or just run like mad to the next objective.

night slime
May 14, 2014
What's the point of leveling up to 69? That looks like it would cost a trillion dollars and seems less beneficial than unlocking the 625k weapon perks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bragging rights, and completely eliminates the damage penalty on bosses (you're looking at a 90% hit even at level 62...) - killing one in multiplayer grants you a third of the energy needed for an S rank.

Not vital by any means.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
My brother's character somehow got glitched with seemingly infinite kuban and he was able to get level 69 on all classes just two or three weeks after release.

He doesn't play the game much more than I do. Just got a lucky bug I guess. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

poptart_fairy posted:

Bragging rights, and completely eliminates the damage penalty on bosses (you're looking at a 90% hit even at level 62...) - killing one in multiplayer grants you a third of the energy needed for an S rank.

Not vital by any means.

You know, you say this, but I've never gotten an S rank on hard without killing the boss. When you speed up the drill do others need to do that too?

• Locked thread