Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
After clearing Lostbelt, I'm going to roll in the Story Gacha until I get Salieri

Because I want him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I got a real mad cat from a ticket on Japan. Now when do I get to pull for Salieri because he's beautiful?

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 4, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

After clearing Lostbelt, I'm going to roll in the Story Gacha until I get Salieri

Because I want him.

Has it been confirmed that he's actually rollable yet? Might be worth checking the summon info before you start just in case.

Or, you know, wait a week for his huge 4% rate up.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

You should probably spoiler that.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Captain Baal posted:

Man they really didn't have anything for the last fight with Anastasia did they, lmao

She's kinda the tutorial boss for the new Master vs Master mechanic. If you killer her too fast for Kadoc to do stuff then yeah lol.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

Has it been confirmed that he's actually rollable yet? Might be worth checking the summon info before you start just in case.

Or, you know, wait a week for his huge 4% rate up.

He is rollable, people have gotten him off of the story gacha.

Kyte posted:

She's kinda the tutorial boss for the new Master vs Master mechanic. If you killer her too fast for Kadoc to do stuff then yeah lol.

A little bit that but her big gimmick being just “actually I have four health bars because res” felt really like “Okay sure, I guess I’ll just have to NP your face in one more time.” You’re not wrong though, she’s definitely a tutorial for the master battles thing so hopefully it gets a bit cooler in the next few lostbelts. She’s super low key compared to the other two big bosses though, they’re easy too but huge spectacles.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I spent 180 sq and 4 out of 6 tickets.

The only reason I stopped is that I pulled Jalter from the ticket! I am so happy - now I have one of the three 5 stars I want this year!

I was writing this post after spending all of my sq, and starting to use the tickets. This post started off very differently.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I’m gonna say if you wanna talk about the new Avenger give it until he’s on rateup to stop spoiler tagging his name which will prob be in about two weeks. It’s not a huge spoiler, but they do try the be cute about hiding his identity and it’s a much more fun reveal than most of the Epic of Remnant ones so I’m willing to respect it a bit.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Got jalter after 5 tickets and 60 quartz, pretty drat happy

That's how much I started with and ended up buying a quartz pack because i'm bad with money.

I have 80 left over, at least.

This is the first time i've gotten 2 5* in the same roll, and two of the same one no less. :3:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i hate everyone

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

It's okay I probally screwed up which servants are supposed to have the event CEs for friend support. again

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

i hate everyone

gently caress this game!!!!!!!!!!!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

threw a meme ticket at the banner, got mephisto

oh, you!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress this game!!!!!!!!!!!

you don't play it stair

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Something that's been bugging me whenever I look at the cirnopedia, characters like Schezerade and Moriarty have generic as gently caress names listed like "Shinjuku Archer", "Archer Inferno", "Resistance Rider", etc.

Is that really what they're referred to as by the game or are they still insisting on "hiding spoilers" that aren't really spoilers anymore.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

EoR servants are referred to as such prior to clearing certain points in their related singularity.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Something that's been bugging me whenever I look at the cirnopedia, characters like Schezerade and Moriarty have generic as gently caress names listed like "Shinjuku Archer", "Archer Inferno", "Resistance Rider", etc.

Is that really what they're referred to as by the game or are they still insisting on "hiding spoilers" that aren't really spoilers anymore.

EoR actually hides names

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are also bond, summon, and battle line variations based on pre- and post- revelation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Their Noble phantasms are literally ???? before you do the EoR singularity.

My Musashi is stuck at her FA version of her NP because I beat Shimosa which sucks.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aurora posted:

i hate everyone
:same:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aurora posted:

EoR actually hides names

Huh, I guess that's novel and all but why do they do that specifically only for EoR and then go back to doing it normally afterwards?

How different is EoR from the rest of the game anyway?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're just more singularities post part-1 that are technically optional sidestories but are next year's primary story content, foreshadows Cosmos, and introduces new mechanics like Break gauges and the Moon Cancer/Alterego/Foreigner classes.

e: also most of the 5*s are limited because gently caress you

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 4, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I find myself playing through Lostbelt instead of grinding the NA event. Despite the former being permanent and the latter being time-limited.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I find myself playing through Lostbelt instead of grinding the NA event. Despite the former being permanent and the latter being time-limited.

hell, same

to be fair, the best farming nodes for da vinci aren't out yet anyways

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The later nodes in Da Vinci literally give 3-5x as much drops as today's drops. There is no point in grinding unless you have 100+ apples.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Servant identity mysteries were one of the best things about Fate back in the day, and EoR was the first real attempt to make them work since Extra. I still think it's kind of a shame that the FGO community's immediate response was "gently caress that".

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Huh, I guess that's novel and all but why do they do that specifically only for EoR and then go back to doing it normally afterwards?

I like EoR a lot (keeping in mind that I haven't played Agartha yet), in large part because you can feel the writers letting loose in ways that they didn't/couldn't in Part 1. In that sense yea, it's very different from part 1's building plotline and more like an anthology series of self-contained but linked stories. Production-wise Nasu pretty much told them to go wild and he would only minimally edit them, and it shows in how vastly different their writing styles and subject matters are.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't forget that today's Daily mission for manuscripts ends in less than 2 hours. They don't come back, so regardless if you have "optimal" 4 scholars of chaldea, just do them.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
e: whoops, double post

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I used a couple apples grinding these lovely nodes just so I could quickly get 6 more feathers to ascend Jalter.

No regrets.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did a free 10-roll and threw in a few tickets too. Complete dud servant-wise (two 3-stars which I already have), but I got my first-ever 2030 CE and a few of the event-specific CEs, so I can't complain too much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

Servant identity mysteries were one of the best things about Fate back in the day, and EoR was the first real attempt to make them work since Extra. I still think it's kind of a shame that the FGO community's immediate response was "gently caress that".

It would be incredibly tedious to have any discussion about EoR servants in this game and have to call everything by their non-spoiler names. The gimmick is used to interesting effect for like Lobo and some of the Salem servants kinda, but everything else got pretty easily figured out within speculation of promotional material and for the most part wasn't used well or interestingly. Like I get wanting the mystique of figuring out a servant's identity to be present again, but Fate has changed so much as a series from back when it used to actively do that and doing that especially for something that incites as much discussion from it as a mobile game where people actively talk about the characters and strategies they could be doing is impossible. The best way to do it now is what they did in this chapter with the Avenger where he has a completely fake name used to psyche out the expectations of the player, but also tie into an already existing character in interesting ways. There are ways to still incite mystery and intrigue from players, but doing it the way EoR did it is just lame and uncreative and trying to act like this game is something it's not. The Japanese fanbase is somewhat nicer about it, but I do see a lot of artists and places that discuss this game just outright use the names, because when you like a character you aren't gonna refer to them in impersonal ways because you feel attached to them.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They went back to using actual names most likely because having an entire section of characters being referred to by their class names and location is really annoying to get a grasp of especially if you're a new player and on top of that they had to keep recording two sets of voice lines and rewrite card names and profile pages to not outright spoil character identities. I can imagine that kind of thing being a huge hassle to keep doing going forward.

EoR itself is absurdly different. The storylines are very self contained, only really pulling from the 1st Storyline stuff and never following from each other. The EoRs all try to highlight old characters and give them some spotlight to some extent, but that is not always the case. It was more a thing in Shinjuku, Agartha, and Salem and barely a thing in Shimosa. The stories are all written by different people trying to do different things, so they can completely shift in tone and scope from singularity to singularity. There's also outright mechanics added to how you are able to do a story, but those were mostly things that applied to people playing as it was released and not to people coming in afterwards. It also has really terrible changes like the loving gacha having limited servants for a main storyline section, over inflated production that does not take the game's actual ability to perform into account, and finally an actual singularity that is an event that has almost nothing but limited servants attached to it so if you missed on that you get to wait for it to be rerun and it has the only Moon Cancer class servant in the game.

Epic of Remnant is mostly really cool, but there are some lame rear end choices that were made in regards to it and I'm glad Lostbelt isn't making those same choices... for the most part.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 5, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That's how much I started with and ended up buying a quartz pack because i'm bad with money.

I have 80 left over, at least.

This is the first time i've gotten 2 5* in the same roll, and two of the same one no less. :3:

So that's where my Jalter went. I wanted to throw my phone across room when I saw I got an SSR and it was Mordred.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Heh, make sure to mention your reindeer experience in today's story. Emiya has an... interesting reaction to it

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
After over $400 dollars spent total, Jalter came home. Also got Tamacatfor the first time and after one last 10 roll, another Casko (now NP3). Given that I don't have much else I want to spend money on I'm fine with this.

No way thats real.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

After over $400 dollars spent total, Jalter came home.

Gachas are worse than god drat heroin.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Emiya, snap out of it! :ohdear:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I was literally about to post that exact same text. Emiyan a best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

wtf i love leo now