Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I really do hope the orks get a good release. Its a good omen when orks get good stuff.

Hoping for a PrimeOrk. Hoping for good rules for looting imperial vehicles. Hoping for mor gretchin stuff.

I love orks even though I play Eldar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What faction(s) are at the sweet spot of competitiveness while having relatively few units?

Custodes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'd be tickled pink if the Ork codex just had simple rules for looted stuff.

Give me two options, like a looted trukk and looted wagon, for basically light and heavy vehicles.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Custodes.

Who are in no way about to get hit with a commissar-style nerf bat, no they are not.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What faction(s) are at the sweet spot of competitiveness while having relatively few units?

Nids but its getting patched out.
Fully painted 2k week to week list motherfuckers! :toot:
took me god damned long enough at nine and a half months but with scouts and that whirlwind done I have seven days to paint Guilliman and then I'm full steam onto the admech.

Also might of heroes on a contemptor is extremely funny, it tanked basically an entire necron army on t8 3+5++.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

TKIY posted:

Custodes.

Artum posted:

took me god damned long enough at nine and a half months but with scouts and that whirlwind done I have seven days to paint Guilliman and then I'm full steam onto the admech.

Also might of heroes on a contemptor is extremely funny, it tanked basically an entire necron army on t8 3+5++.

Cool, thanks for the headsup. I love the look of some armies but the horde-y lists are a bit much for my hobby time slot.

Also that's a very sexy 2k army, my friend.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Geoff Zahn posted:

Almost done with my test model. I have a huge burning hatred for doing edge highlighting for two reasons - shaky hands and impatience. Still have quite a few touchups to take care of. Painting the new Death Guard is extremely frustrating. I am starting to wonder if I can get by with just base coats + wash and calling it a day because I still have a lot to do before Nova.

That is one clean Nurglebro.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Artum posted:

I don't have a Contemptor ... but I do have a Leviathan!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Artum posted:

Those ultras look awesome.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Ghost Hand posted:

Was great to see you though man. I'm glad we got to hang out quite a bit. I missed seeing Campbell there - I will likely come to NOVA in 2019 though. So maybe I will see him there :)

I'm always happy to chill with my 40k dad. And don't worry about Campbell. He told me in private that he is quitting the hobby due to all of the extensive and expensive surgery to become and actual space wolf. He can't do both, apparently.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I just realised its completely possible for a genestealer cult player to mind control my captain and get him to kill himself by overcharging his plasma pistol.

That's loving terrifying.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Artum posted:

I just realised its completely possible for a genestealer cult player to mind control my captain and get him to kill himself by overcharging his plasma pistol.

That's loving terrifying.

Oh my god I wasn't sold on the Dominate power Inquisitors can get, but now I totally totally am.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's only a 1 in 6 chance of that. Unless he makes him target a unit in cover, and then tosses a command reroll.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Spent some time today trying to get my Trukk looking like it was made out of cardboard. Painted more shades of brown than a Quake 1 level. It also led me to search for "cardboard ork" on Google to see if anyone's had a similar idea and it came up with a bunch of funny actual-cardboard conversions. Orks are the best.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

moths posted:

There's only a 1 in 6 chance of that. Unless he makes him target a unit in cover, and then tosses a command reroll.

1cp and a power for ~1/3 chance to slay the warlord seems like worth tbh.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

He told me in private that he is quitting the hobby due to all of the extensive and expensive surgery to become and actual space wolf.
We have an artist's rendition of what the final product might look like. Those with sensitive constitutions may want to look away.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Artum posted:

Seriously it's petty great, I agree.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What's the easiest way to attain a pdf of a codex? It'd be nice to have it on the iPad.

I ordered the Dark Eldar codex from Games Workshop, can I just like, shoot them an e-mail with my order number and ask politely?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Artum posted:

You need to equal or beat his leadership on 3d6 too, which is 5/8 chance (or 1/2 for an Ultramarine), and he rerolls 1s so it's going to be a 1/6 chance, with you spending a CP 5/6th of the time. You're looking at a little less than 10% chance but it is pretty cool.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What's the easiest way to attain a pdf of a codex? It'd be nice to have it on the iPad.

I ordered the Dark Eldar codex from Games Workshop, can I just like, shoot them an e-mail with my order number and ask politely?

For an iPad, you can buy on the ibooks store and it's got all sorts of fun features.

And given that they sell the digital copy separately and at full price, I am doubtful they will give it to you for free.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You'd have to buy the epub version and run it through a some kind of printing software after futzing with the settings to make it look good. There's also plenty of copies already printed to PDF in pirate fileshare drives if you look hard enough.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of inquisitors, RAW for Authority of the Inquisition says that they can embark onto -any- Imperium transport....could you make the argument that they can embark onto enemy imperium transports? Say, ones with firing ports? :q:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

No.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Neurolimal posted:

Speaking of inquisitors, RAW for Authority of the Inquisition says that they can embark onto -any- Imperium transport....could you make the argument that they can embark onto enemy imperium transports? Say, ones with firing ports? :q:

Embark in the core rules specifies a friendly transport so no you couldn't make that argument.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Artum posted:

Embark in the core rules specifies a friendly transport so no you couldn't make that argument.

Ah, dang. Oh well, AotI still seems pretty cool to mess with in a Tallaharn army.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Have any of the Admech players in here run a 10 man squad of Sicarian Infiltrators with Flechette Blasters and the Fury of Mars stratagem? It looks sort of terrifying but it’s a decent chunk of points/CP

E:Wrath of Mars I guess. Lotta words for being mad

Pendent fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 5, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Have any of the Admech players in here run a 10 man squad of Sicarian Infiltrators with Flechette Blasters and the Fury of Mars stratagem? It looks sort of terrifying but it’s a decent chunk of points/CP

E:Wrath of Mars I guess. Lotta words for being mad

It's roughly 260 pts and 3cp to do 10 wounds to anything with a 3+ save so it's a bit steep.

Electro priests are a bit better for those shenanigans since for 280 pts and 2cp you deal 17.7 wounds against any 3+, putting you on decent odds to murk magnus.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Artum posted:

This army looks great!

I mostly finished up my fancyboi rogue trader, which gets me to a fully painted allied detachment for my auxilia.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

It's roughly 260 pts and 3cp to do 10 wounds to anything with a 3+ save so it's a bit steep.

Electro priests are a bit better for those shenanigans since for 280 pts and 2cp you deal 17.7 wounds against any 3+, putting you on decent odds to murk magnus.

The infiltrators deep strike into range though- it sounds like priests have a hard time getting into range if they want to stay Mars and have access to Wrath of Mars. I’m also not sure where you got 3 cp from for the Infiltrators-WoM is only two.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
electro-priests will be a lot more awesome when the rest of the Imperium stops hogging all the metal boxes

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Artum posted:

these look great and seeing those scouts standing in front of the bigly marines is pretty hilarous

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

The infiltrators deep strike into range though- it sounds like priests have a hard time getting into range if they want to stay Mars and have access to Wrath of Mars. I’m also not sure where you got 3 cp from for the Infiltrators-WoM is only two.

Doctrina imperative, if you're gonna spend CP on it you might as well get as many mortals as possible out of it and that 1cp gets you 2 more mortal wounds.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Otherwise I guess you could just take the 5 wounds for 2cp and snipe a poorly screened character.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Doctrina imperative, if you're gonna spend CP on it you might as well get as many mortals as possible out of it and that 1cp gets you 2 more mortal wounds.

Ok, sure that totally makes sense

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

moths posted:

I use dominate all the time, and have yet to have this work unfortunately.

However, I've always had the other player roll for the attack since it was his guy doing it? Should the player using the power roll for the attack instead?

Also I don't understand the "target a unit in cover" portion of this
e: Ahhhh, got it!

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 5, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

electro-priests will be a lot more awesome when the rest of the Imperium stops hogging all the metal boxes

If anybody should be able to ride the lightning, it's these guys.

Also it's weird that the AdMech don't have teleport technology.

E: ^^^ that was me thinking that it's a -1 to hit.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I mean on the bright side, even if you dont make him blow himself up you still get a free plasma shot off on an enemy on a "good" roll. Dominate is pretty cool.

Though now I'm curious as to which army has access to both the most -tohit debuffs and Dominate.

E: a Perils of the Warp deathsplosion affects enemy units too, right? Does there exist a cheap psyker unit in any army who is explicitly bad at casting?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 5, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Artum posted:

Ah, the famous Bodega Intervention of 105M42!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Schadenboner posted:

Ah, the famous Bodega Intervention of 105M42!

Hey bo'dega Sept was a serious threat show some respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Artum posted:

Hey bo'dega Sept was a serious threat show some respect.

My FLGS (of blessed memory :() had a soda cooler and green astroturf-topped tables so I'm like: "Oh, ok, he took pictures of his mans in the store, cool" then I see the milk and I'm wondering if Artum was literally having some of the 'ol Moloko Plus :ohdear:.

Anyways, they look great!