Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Dawgstar posted:

While there's not a plastic Warboss kit (save for what's his name that I don't think they make anymore - the one with the power klaw and attack squig) but I always wondered how hard it would be to take the Nob box and some Bikers and just convert your own Nob Bikers.

You can get him in this box set with some Nobz:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warboss-Grukks-Boss-Mob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Also I've never seen a GK army that wasn't boring and tedious both visually and gamewise so their codex can sit 'n spin for all I care :colbert:
rude

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

Almost done with my test model. I have a huge burning hatred for doing edge highlighting for two reasons - shaky hands and impatience. Still have quite a few touchups to take care of. Painting the new Death Guard is extremely frustrating. I am starting to wonder if I can get by with just base coats + wash and calling it a day because I still have a lot to do before Nova.

this is a dope loving paint job and its hosed up that no one else said anything about it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SRM posted:

You can get him in this box set with some Nobz:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warboss-Grukks-Boss-Mob

Thanks, I completely blanked on the name. I use his model for my Warboss.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

but I always wondered how hard it would be to take the Nob box and some Bikers and just convert your own Nob Bikers.

Interestingly enough, nobs fit on Space Marine bikes quite well.

Dankzilla
Dec 8, 2005

"hey Clay, how's Groy's ass lookin?"

Floppychop posted:

Interestingly enough, nobs fit on Space Marine bikes quite well.

and old fantasy boar riders

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Painted the first spacemen I’ve done in 5 years, and I built these dudes probably closer to 6 years ago hence the smaller bases.

Just have to finish the bases and touch some bits up and that’s a full squad completed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Loving half the thread posting Necron pics this week. Nice gold boys there.

Also wow do 32mm bases look better on Immortals.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

My eBay purchase of Forgebane hasn't even shipped yet--the guy says he just doesn't have it, and eBay just says I can't cancel my poo poo after PP paid it. :mad: I'm about done with my fuckin' Cult Shadowsword, and then I'm barrelling back into my Necrons hardcore--but without all the cool poo poo I wanted. Don't purchase from Borderland Games, is what I've learned.

From a couple pages back but wanted to confirm this. I bought one of the three dread Blood Angels boxes from them a couple months ago, almost 2 weeks, several messages, and opening a case with eBay later with no response, they finally messaged me to say it had gone to website only which has been true for a while, and that they could order it but it would be at least a week until they got it. Fortunately I was refunded and able to buy from another seller but it still sucked. Afterwords I looked at their negative feedback, which is low in all fairness, and there's multiple other people with the same issues. It seems like rather than having things in stock they just leave a listing up and order it in when someone buys something, which is lovely on its own, but then sometimes they just seem to forget to actually place that order and not notice for weeks. A definite avoid for me.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Painted the first spacemen I’ve done in 5 years, and I built these dudes probably closer to 6 years ago hence the smaller bases.

Just have to finish the bases and touch some bits up and that’s a full squad completed.

I like the color scheme you've chosen for your roboboys. It's a good trio of colors.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

Almost done with my test model. I have a huge burning hatred for doing edge highlighting for two reasons - shaky hands and impatience. Still have quite a few touchups to take care of. Painting the new Death Guard is extremely frustrating. I am starting to wonder if I can get by with just base coats + wash and calling it a day because I still have a lot to do before Nova.

gently caress me this is sweet. Post More Toys.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Yeah that color scheme is loving rad. I love the pastel look.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

TheChirurgeon posted:

I like the color scheme you've chosen for your roboboys. It's a good trio of colors.

Cheers, although the blue is the colour I’ve chosen to go with Tesla. Gauss is green, heat rays would be orange etc etc. Red is the colour of the lords and Overlords.

Horrid to actually paint though, not a moment goes by when I’m painting when I don’t wish I’d gone with a regular gunmetal scheme which could be done with some drybrushing and a wash.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
poo poo looks great, but you really did goof it on the paint scheme

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Thanks guys! Still trying to get my process down but its fast enough to do in a batch so I should be able to pop out more guys asap.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dawgstar posted:

If we do get this hypothetical big Ork release, I'm trying to think what I'd like out of it. A new model for a Warboss in Mega-Armor. Kidding, I say 'new' but mean 'any.' (Kromlech makes a nice 3P version. It's about as big as a Dreadnought.) New Warbuggies/traks models. Tankbustas and Kommandos. I feel like I'm missing something, but whatever.

Biker nobs and a warboss on bike that isn't resin.

Dankzilla
Dec 8, 2005

"hey Clay, how's Groy's ass lookin?"
Warboss on a buggy like the dude from The Road Warrior

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sure would be nice if they updated those Gorkamorka models.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dankzilla posted:

Which reminds me of this gem:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just curious, how are the Thousand Sons? I have Death Guard as my main army (not that I play with any regularity) and while I have no justification for a second army, I inexplicably find myself wanting them even though I have so much DG to paint still.

I just really like the idea of representing the Chaos Gods without actually playing Chaos Daemons.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sab669 posted:

Just curious, how are the Thousand Sons? I have Death Guard as my main army (not that I play with any regularity) and while I have no justification for a second army, I inexplicably find myself wanting them even though I have so much DG to paint still.

I just really like the idea of representing the Chaos Gods without actually playing Chaos Daemons.

Im in the same boat, and would be interested to hear people's thoughts as well. My last opponent whined about Magnus getting nerfed incessantly, but beyond that ive heard nothing about how the new book is shaping up.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Thousand Son Sorcerers are incredible psychic beatsticks that devastate opponents, particularly high toughness, low wound/model units. Grab a sorc in terminator armor , give him high magister and the chaos familiar upgrade, and use cabalistic focus to infernal gateway entire swaths of enemies off the board at a time. Alternatively, you can summon 30 model packs of pink horrors which gunk up the battlefield and put out a punishing amount of shots, especially if you consider flickering flames. If you want access to the widest amount of excellent spells, 1k is the way to go.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Dankzilla posted:

Something I recently started.

Edit: Upload fixed.

For_Great_Justice fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 4, 2018

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Have to trim off 2 points here but this is my starting point for Necrons:

+++ Necrons - 1,750 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [101 PL, 1752pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Necrons) [57 PL, 1188pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Mephrit
. . Categories: No Force Org Slot

+ HQ +

Cryptek [6 PL, 95pts]: Chronometron, Staff of Light, Veil of Darkness
. . Categories: Character, Cryptek, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Infantry, HQ

Illuminor Szeras [8 PL, 143pts]: Warlord (Merciless Tyrant)
. . Categories: Character, Faction: Necrons, Cryptek, Illuminor Szeras, Infantry, HQ

+ Troops +

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: Gauss Blaster, 10x Immortal
. . Categories: Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Immortals, Infantry, Troops

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: 10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine
. . Categories: Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Immortals, Infantry, Troops

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 240pts]: 20x Necron Warrior
. . Categories: Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Infantry, Warriors, Troops

+ Heavy Support +

Sentry Pylon [15 PL, 370pts]: Teleportation Matrix
. . Categories: Artillery, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Vehicle, Sentry Pylon, Heavy Support
. . Sentry Pylon: Heat Cannon

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [44 PL, 564pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [6 PL, 85pts]: Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light
. . Categories: Character, Cryptek, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Infantry, HQ

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
. . Categories: Canoptek Scarabs, Faction: Canoptek, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Fly, Swarm, Fast Attack

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 220pts]: 4x Canoptek Wraith
. . Categories: Beast, Canoptek Wraiths, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Faction: Canoptek, Fast Attack

. . Categories: Beast, Canoptek Wraiths, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Faction: Canoptek, Fast Attack

TKIY fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 4, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Sab669 posted:

Just started toying around with a small force of Thousand Sons, they're a pretty fun force to mess around with. Tzaangors are hilariously good units, load them up with Psychic/Shaman/Mutalith buffs and watch them tear through pretty much anything you point them at. There's no real bad units, the unique stuff is alright at worst and the classic CSM toys they get access to aren't awkwardly jammed on like they were with Death Guard.

The TSons' biggest problem right now is lacking the flavour we've been seeing from the most recent books. Their relics and strategiums are dull and they don't get subfaction rules which could have helped alleviate that. And while I don't personally play the min-max competitive style, from what I understand TSons took a blow from how Magnus changed between editions and the Smite nerfs.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 4, 2018

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

lol joke's on them they have to listen to our terrible show

This week, in a special 40k Badcast AdeptiCon report, we discuss the finer points of nerd grooming and just how early you should start mixing cranberry juice with your vodka:
https://40kbadcast.com/2018/04/02/40k-badcast-bonus-episode-adepticast-2018/

For the record - Dan said that Justin and I asked "What's wrong with Creature Caster?". I don't recall this but I was also pretty drunk on Long Island Iced Teas.

That said - this is just a dumb model. If it had just had 2 boobs I would have used it for a Marilith Demon for D&D

https://www.creaturecaster.com/products/lady-of-depravity

However - I DID purchase this model - as a stand in for Belakor. Which I think is awesome...

https://www.creaturecaster.com/products/lord-of-chaos

Was great to see you though man. I'm glad we got to hang out quite a bit. I missed seeing Campbell there - I will likely come to NOVA in 2019 though. So maybe I will see him there :)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

TKIY posted:

Have to trim off 2 points here but this is my starting point for Necrons:

+++ Necrons - 1,750 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [101 PL, 1752pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Necrons) [57 PL, 1188pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Mephrit

+ HQ +

Cryptek [6 PL, 95pts]: Chronometron, Staff of Light, Veil of Darkness

Illuminor Szeras [8 PL, 143pts]: Warlord (Merciless Tyrant)
. . Categories: Character, Faction: Necrons, Cryptek, Illuminor Szeras, Infantry, HQ

+ Troops +

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: Gauss Blaster, 10x Immortal

Immortals [8 PL, 170pts]: 10x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 240pts]: 20x Necron Warrior
. . Categories: Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Infantry, Warriors, Troops

+ Heavy Support +

Sentry Pylon [15 PL, 370pts]: Teleportation Matrix
. . Categories: Artillery, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Vehicle, Sentry Pylon, Heavy Support

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [44 PL, 564pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [6 PL, 85pts]: Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
. . Categories: Canoptek Scarabs, Faction: Canoptek, Faction: (Dynasty), Faction: Necrons, Fly, Swarm, Fast Attack

Needs more Shadowswords.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sab669 posted:

Ironically, the actual Thousand Sons dudes are supposedly pretty mediocre, and the strength of the book is in the characters and Tzaangors. In the sweet spot of "semi-competitive casual play" they seem like a fine book though. Honestly there's nothing really except the couple of remaining index armies and maybe Grey Knights which can't hang out in a casual environment and be a good time.

Beerdeer posted:

Needs more Shadowswords.

I know this is a thread meme, but a fun point about Necrons is that they're actually the best-placed faction to deal with Shadowswords. Quantum Shielding is loving aces against something doing 2D6 damage since there's no "6 always fails" clause, so ironically enough something like a Doomsday Ark has a better chance of surviving than anything else does, and then a couple of those will have a good go at the Shadowsword in return.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 4, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ghost Hand posted:

For the record - Dan said that Justin and I asked "What's wrong with Creature Caster?". I don't recall this but I was also pretty drunk on Long Island Iced Teas.

That said - this is just a dumb model. If it had just had 2 boobs I would have used it for a Marilith Demon for D&D

However - I DID purchase this model - as a stand in for Belakor. Which I think is awesome...

Was great to see you though man. I'm glad we got to hang out quite a bit. I missed seeing Campbell there - I will likely come to NOVA in 2019 though. So maybe I will see him there :)

Honestly CC's biggest problem is managing to make all the female models look the exact goddamn same, which is just eyerolling.

:10bux: their lady GCO will be the same basic anime waifu with maybe, maybe some sickly skin and insect wings .

Just a sad waste in search for thirsty money.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SteelMentor posted:

Honestly CC's biggest problem is managing to make all the female models look the exact goddamn same, which is just eyerolling.

:10bux: their lady GCO will be the same basic anime waifu with maybe, maybe some sickly skin and insect wings .

Just a sad waste in search for thirsty money.

I would agree.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How are the Scarab Terminators? As I said I play very infrequently, not a competitive player at all (I have both Death shroud + Blight lord Termies for DG!)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Sab669 posted:

How are the Scarab Terminators? As I said I play very infrequently, not a competitive player at all (I have both Death shroud + Blight lord Termies for DG!)

About the same as the plastic Tartaros Termies, a bit taller due to the hats/leg poses. They're a lot skinnier and sparser on detail than their DG counterparts (besides the Sorcerer and their annoying cloak).

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

I was so bummed I couldn't make it, but life gets in the way. I'd been meaning to look up their daemons after we recorded but yeesh, all their female daemons are fodder for the unspiration thread. Some of those sculpts are pretty cool, but largely eclipsed by GW/FW efforts.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ghost Hand posted:

Why do trees have nipples

Count_Brass
Jul 16, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

Welcome to the Vectorum Brother!

Death Guard are very forgiving for mistakes, they're supposed to look dirty and badly kept, don't shoot for perfection!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Fashionable Jorts posted:

The loving tit tree slayed me, that's hilarious

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Cheers, although the blue is the colour I’ve chosen to go with Tesla. Gauss is green, heat rays would be orange etc etc. Red is the colour of the lords and Overlords.

Horrid to actually paint though, not a moment goes by when I’m painting when I don’t wish I’d gone with a regular gunmetal scheme which could be done with some drybrushing and a wash.

for real though they look very good

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What faction(s) are at the sweet spot of competitiveness while having relatively few units?