Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PeggyTV/status/981624583253094400?s=20

has a case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/981002689810223105?s=19

it's a piss rag now

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trump put up a roll of caution tape around a few posts in Nevada. This counts as his border wall!

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
n/m

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Depends on the state's labor laws. Often you can be fired for behavior outside of work that would be considered harmful to the company, especially if it was particularly public. Hence being able to fire nazis when they bring really bad publicity for you. But it's a lot more complicated than that and it varies quite a bit.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

goddamn it

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/981668765829038082?s=20

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Hey, people are trying to eat around that time

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

"You can't use my extramarital affair as circumstantial evidence of crimes committed during that extramarital affair!"

Alan Smithee posted:

Does this mean soy and pork products will get cheaper domestically

Gimme dat tofu bacon

More American SOYBOYS! :trumpfap:

Also, super cheap pork means McRib is back, baby!

Big Beef City posted:

"It's already there" :smug:

..No it isn't.

"Yes it is!"

No it's not.

"Have you been there?"

Yes.

"ALL of it? The entire border?"

...no.

"That's where it is." :smug:

You're supposed to say "I didn't see a fence along the entire border, so it's clearly not there :smuggo: "

I'm curious about how the town will enforce the fines

Random Stranger posted:

Depends on the state's labor laws. Often you can be fired for behavior outside of work that would be considered harmful to the company, especially if it was particularly public. Hence being able to fire nazis when they bring really bad publicity for you. But it's a lot more complicated than that and it varies quite a bit.

It is, and there's a possible case that she was simply flipping off a motorcade that was driving aggressively, which is an apolitical, All-American gesture :patriot:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

This lady's a loving G

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yes because it's 100000% illegal to fire someone for flipping off a random private citizen in your spare time

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Picturing Anderson Cooper solemnly asking, "Can you tell us anything about how the President's penis is shaped? What did it smell like?"

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Let's see what's poppin off at T_D. Remember to sort by controversial on any reddit thread to see what ppl really think :sun:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Teikanmi posted:

Yes because it's 100000% illegal to fire someone for flipping off a random private citizen in your spare time

Is it though? Lots of people get fired for posting objectionable stuff online or doing things in public that the company considers bad publicity.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 5, 2018

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

When the whole country is right to work you can fire someone for no reason at all! MAGA!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Neukoln19 posted:

Let's see what's poppin off at T_D. Remember to sort by controversial on any reddit thread to see what ppl really think :sun:

lmao "The Campaign to Claim MLK for the Right Wing" is going about as well as expected

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
ffs I was talking to a Trumpling earlier who was arguing that the Chicago suburb outlawing assault rifles violates his rights to own firearms. I said the word "gun" appears nowhere in the 2nd Amendment so he countered that "gays" isn't mentioned when it's stated that all men are created equal so my logic means that gays shouldn't have rights either and my brain melted and I blacked out for a bit but I think I called him a retard at some point.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Scott pruitts fox interview is awesome definetly worth watching this stammering idiot try and get to explain away his greed with "like look it was like an airbnb situation" just lol.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Call Your Grandma posted:

When all the land is in ruin,
And burnination has forsaken the countryside,
Only one thing will remain,
My money's on...

TRADE WAR!

I just wanted you to know that I got this reference.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Lol even fox is loling hard at how full of poo poo scott pruitt is. Like if fox calls you a liar pack it up man you are so done.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

you dont even need to sort by controversial to find the good takes in that thread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

ffs I was talking to a Trumpling earlier who was arguing that the Chicago suburb outlawing assault rifles violates his rights to own firearms. I said the word "gun" appears nowhere in the 2nd Amendment so he countered that "gays" isn't mentioned when it's stated that all men are created equal so my logic means that gays shouldn't have rights either and my brain melted and I blacked out for a bit but I think I called him a retard at some point.

Why the gently caress are you always talking to these people? I don't get it.

You shouldn't waste your time on people that far gone. It seems like it makes you pissed off also. Just start laughing at their stupidity and stop trying to fix their brains because it won't work

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Play posted:

You shouldn't waste your time on people that far gone. It seems like it makes you pissed off also. Just start laughing at their stupidity and stop trying to fix their brains because it won't work

It's a group of people. I've known many of these people for nearly 20 years now. Friends and acquaintances all woven together for decades. There are a few speckled in there who are decent much of the time but go full-chud when things like guns are brought up.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Play posted:

I like confronting chuds (but not really waste time on arguing) because I want to remind them that they live in an alternate reality and there are millions of people who disagree with them.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/981675253024919552

quote:

Separately, investigators have asked witnesses about a meeting Mr. Nader attended in 2017 at the office of a New York hedge fund manager, where he was joined by Jared Kushner and Stephen K. Bannon, who at the time were both senior advisers to Mr. Trump.

The investigative trail even led Mr. Mueller’s team to stop an Australian entrepreneur with ties to the U.A.E. after he landed at a Washington-area airport, according to people briefed on the matter. The investigators questioned the entrepreneur about Mr. Nader, including Mr. Nader’s relationship with Russia and his contacts with Mr. Trump’s advisers, as well as the movement of money from the U.A.E. into the United States.

quote:

Mr. Nader’s dealings with Russia date at least to 2012, when he helped broker a controversial $4.2 million deal for the government of Iraq to buy Russian weapons. At the time, he was an informal adviser to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq, and he accompanied Mr. Maliki to Moscow in September 2012 to sign the arms deal at a meeting with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

The deal was canceled shortly after because of concerns about corruption, and a spokesman for the prime minister said it would be renegotiated.

Earlier that year, Mr. Nader also attended the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, an invitation-only conference organized by senior officials close to Mr. Putin that Russia presents as its answer to the World Economic Forum held annually in Davos, Switzerland. Mr. Nader is on a list of participants from 2012. Representatives of the St. Petersburg forum did not respond to inquiries about his attendance in subsequent years.

Since then, according to people familiar with his travels, Mr. Nader has returned frequently to Russia on behalf of the Emirati government. He even had his picture taken with Mr. Putin, according to one person who has seen the photograph, although it is unclear when the picture was taken.

quote:

Mr. Mueller’s investigators have asked multiple witnesses about the Seychelles meeting, part of a broader line of inquiry surrounding contacts between Emirati advisers and Trump administration officials. They have also pressed for details about a meeting Mr. Nader attended in New York in early 2017 with Mr. Kushner and Mr. Bannon at the office of the hedge fund manager Richard Gerson, a friend of Mr. Kushner’s and the founder of Falcon Edge Capital.

Mr. Mueller’s particular interest in that meeting is unclear, although Mr. Gerson has had business dealings with the court of the U.A.E.’s Prince Mohammed. Mr. Gerson has developed relations with several senior Emirati officials over the years, including with Prince Mohammed himself, and he has often sought investments from Emirati state funds.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

:lol:

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

Picturing Anderson Cooper solemnly asking, "Can you tell us anything about how the President's penis is shaped? What did it smell like?"

"Half-cooked prawns."

"Was that-"

"Yes."

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Hilarious, mueller is going to take down half of the New York royalty along with trump

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

In right to work states (like mine) you can be fired at the whim of your employer because they don't like the cut of your jib that day.
You have no guaranteed right to show up to work and expect to be let into the front door or make it through the work day.

You may be able to hire a lawyer and sue for unemployment claims, but, because the employer has near indiscriminate right to fire-at-will, good luck w/that.

also lol this is literally called "right to work".

ed: PS: Attempting to unionize or talking about it is a fire able offense.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

you dont even need to sort by controversial to find the good takes in that thread

they are more of a fan of Martin Luther

quote:

In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine." The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..." He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,afforded no legal protection,
and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Big Beef City posted:

Big businesses like walmart and target even make employees attend mandatory "training" (brainwashing) sessions where they show vids claiming that the giant unethical megacorp only wants to do right by you and that union organizers are frauds shilling for Big Union. It's some bizarro poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3ZNUxqo9M

lol capitalism

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Giggy posted:

I like confronting chuds (but not really waste time on arguing) because I want to remind them that they live in an alternate reality and there are millions of people who disagree with them.

But there are millions that agree.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Some other goon already solved this: Gorka stole the vest.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Some other goon already solved this: Gorka stole the vest.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

In right to work states (like mine) you can be fired at the whim of your employer because they don't like the cut of your jib that day.
You have no guaranteed right to show up to work and expect to be let into the front door or make it through the work day.

You may be able to hire a lawyer and sue for unemployment claims, but, because the employer has near indiscriminate right to fire-at-will, good luck w/that.

The Supreme Court is locked 3-3 right now with making the entire country be a Right to Work country, and Trump's choice for the Supreme Court will make his vote later this year. So we will be an entire Right to Work country before the end of 2018.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

That's not right to work, that's at-will employment.

Right to work is what's used to kill existing unions by prohibiting them from requiring people to join.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

vyst posted:

Does hot cuban pussy come with pickles or do you have to ask for those?

youre thinking of a cuban roast beef sandwich

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bacon Taco posted:

Would. She's pretty hot.

oh no we'd all bukkake her

but only if roger is on the other side of the door listening cuz gently caress if im looking at tricky dick while we jack it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alan Smithee posted:

oh no we'd all bukkake her

but only if roger is on the other side of the door listening cuz gently caress if im looking at tricky dick while we jack it

I don’t want to see your dick. Please hide it with a small white cloth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

Of course she looks like a gross troglodyte

"Burn the witches!"
*looks like a witchass bitch*
-truthers in 2018