Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

CHARLENE! GET THESE RIPPER LEGENDS SOME STUBBIES AN' A PACK OF MENTHOLS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I GOT A REAL GUN MORTY.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
deep space nine is better than tos

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Angel is substantially better than Buffy, the Vampire Slayer

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Adult Swim put it on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yg4ImnYwA

God I love all the different takes on their character drawings in each shot.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Wank posted:

Piranha Rick with endless black pit eyes and hoop ring on his ear is prolly my favorite of all. Like,...everyone who's defending Rick on the show going: "Nah, see, he actually really cares deep down" and excuses his horrible poo poo, nah - that's what he looks like to me real deep down.

ˇ also this

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 5, 2018

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

CBJSprague24 posted:

I liked most of S1 and 2 (though I fear they'll reach a shelf life just like Scrubs did for me where all of a sudden, I can't stand any of it) but don't remember a S3 episode of R&M after the one where Susan Sarandon was the therapist. I literally had to go to Wikipedia and the only one I liked was the Vindicators one.

I won't be forgetting GET IN THE FUCKIN' CAHHH MORTY anytime soon.

scrubs was all god JD is a very kind man! :mad:

i pretend the last season or 2 when they axerd half the cast didn't happen

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MORTYYYY I DID SOME SCIENCE TO MA PORTAL GUN, NOW IT'S ALSO A REAL GUN

it's perfect and exactly what we all needed.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm Ute Uncle Barry!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

CrazyLoon posted:

Piranha Rick with endless black pit eyes and hoop ring on his ear is prolly my favorite of all. Like,...everyone who's defending Rick on the show going: "Nah, see, he actually really cares deep down" and excuses his horrible poo poo, nah - that's what he looks like to me real deep down.

ˇ also this

Rick does really care deep down. He's a monster because he wishes he didn't.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wank posted:

Every time I watch it, I appreciate a shot or line even more.

"What are you, a racist? Just put the Witchetty on your cock!"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

the best part is that it could actually be canon

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

We Know Catheters posted:

I'm Ute Uncle Barry!

Yeah, yeah, I can take youse to Bendigo, no worries!

... wait a minute! Who the hell are youse two?!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Phenotype posted:

the best part is that it could actually be canon

Bushworld-Rick will be in the next multiverse episode, for sure. :hai:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bulging eyes and teeth Rick reminds me of Heffer's "I hate bologna" character in Wacky Delly.

Caganer posted:

scrubs was all god JD is a very kind man! :mad:

i pretend the last season or 2 when they axerd half the cast didn't happen

I didn't even get to the last two seasons, I just hit a point where I hated many of the characters as I'd continue to see them on reruns on Comedy Central/WGN/Delta flights.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 5, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Haven't seen anything where Justin or Dan refer to the Bushworld Adventures episode, it wasn't a case of Adult Swim doing it behind their backs was it?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Haven't seen anything where Justin or Dan refer to the Bushworld Adventures episode, it wasn't a case of Adult Swim doing it behind their backs was it?

I read an interview with Cusack on some Aussie news site, where he said Justin Roiland was one of the people who either contacted him, or at least gave his seal of approval. He did say he doesn't know if Harmon knew anything about it, though.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I read an interview with Cusack on some Aussie news site, where he said Justin Roiland was one of the people who either contacted him, or at least gave his seal of approval. He did say he doesn't know if Harmon knew anything about it, though.

This seems likely, considering his style is not too far off Roiland's early work, though deffo better animated.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bulging eyes and teeth Rick reminds me of Heffer's "I hate bologna" character in Wacky Delly.

I didn't even get to the last two seasons, I just hit a point where I hated many of the characters as I'd continue to see them on reruns on Comedy Central/WGN/Delta flights.

Scrubs got a bit weird because it forgot certain plot points and things got confused. The apartment that JD lives in is his and Turks, but he is the one who let Turk move in. Then Turk starts seeing Carla and she moves in, fine. Then Turk and Carla kick JD out. What? That's JD's apartment - Turk and Carla should have moved out. What the hell happened there?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Yestermoment posted:

Every time I watch it, I appreciate a shot or line even more.

"What are you, a racist? Just put the Witchetty on your cock!"

For some reason, walking five feet into the "bush dimension" kills me.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
After last season's stink its nice that this window of fresh air that is Bushland Adventures got opened, even if just for 11 minutes.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

BioEnchanted posted:

Scrubs got a bit weird because it forgot certain plot points and things got confused. The apartment that JD lives in is his and Turks, but he is the one who let Turk move in. Then Turk starts seeing Carla and she moves in, fine. Then Turk and Carla kick JD out. What? That's JD's apartment - Turk and Carla should have moved out. What the hell happened there?

JD decides to move out to give them space and ends up moving in with Elliott. That show wasn't that hard to follow.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Angel is substantially better than Buffy, the Vampire Slayer

This is true for the entire time they both were on the air, and Angel is consistently stronger, but season 3 of Buffy is the best year between the two of them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

The shittier JD got, the more the show wanted you to support all his decisions. It's infuriating. It reminds me a lot of The Mindy Project, except in that it's the main love interest who gets super lovely out of nowhere.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I'm partial to this one

The animation almost has a CBoyardee vibe to it

General Dog fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 5, 2018

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

The shittier JD got, the more the show wanted you to support all his decisions. It's infuriating. It reminds me a lot of The Mindy Project, except in that it's the main love interest who gets super lovely out of nowhere.

Season 8 tried to rerail JD and the other characters and did a decent job at it.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

In It For The Tank posted:

For some reason, walking five feet into the "bush dimension" kills me.

I am now going to say this every time my son asks me to go to the toilet while we are out in the bush.

Also: "Yeah mate, that's me. And whom am I speaking to?"

I am also glad "sweet as" is still going strong. That's been going on for 20-odd years now. I am disappointed that the family ute is a modern SUV style dual-cab ute and not a falcodore ute. I feel that was a miss-step.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

jd was just the protagonist, the janitor was the real hero

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

Season 8 tried to rerail JD and the other characters and did a decent job at it.

Yeah Season 6 and 7 were dire, but Scrubs really stuck the landing in the last season.

I'm pretending the medical school season doesn't exist.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
gently caress Scrubs.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That video reminds me of possibly the best sum-up of Dan Harmon as a person, which is that he refused to watch Parks & Recreation because he was afraid it would be better than his show and he didn't want to have to cope with that knowledge.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Android Blues posted:

That video reminds me of possibly the best sum-up of Dan Harmon as a person, which is that he refused to watch Parks & Recreation because he was afraid it would be better than his show and he didn't want to have to cope with that knowledge.

I think he still hasn't seen Atlanta, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were for the same reason.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah Season 6 and 7 were dire, but Scrubs really stuck the landing in the last season.

I'm pretending the medical school season doesn't exist.

I maintain that the medical school season could have worked if they had goddamn committed to the "heres the new cast, the shows about them now". But they didnt, instead it was "heres some new characters, most of whom roughly match the same archetypes of the old characters. But wait! Here are the old characters the audience have spent 8 seasons watching!". Why should the audience care about new!turk when actual turk turns up all the time? its been a while, but I think I originally heard it as "they're handing over to a new cast, and the old cast will be in a few episodes to sort of scaffold the transition". That sounds fine to me. Then it turned out that the old cast were in a few episodes EACH, so in pretty much every episode the new cast were overshadowed by an old cast member.

And yeah, by and large JD was the worst, but at least the show sometimes acknowledged that (for example when its pointed out that he messes Elliot around because he only wants her when shes in a relationship with someone else, he denys that, breaks up her new relationship then IMMEDIATELY realises he doesnt want her any more). I mean, it also often didnt acknowledge it, which is less ideal.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Australian Rick and Morty Funkopops when?

:suicide:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

I quit before this point

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
All of Scrubs kinda blurs together for me, except the medical school seasons that are clear zombie show status.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't think the show ever really recovered from JD getting cold feet with Elliot in season 3. The show kind of requires you to be in JD's corner at least a little bit, but after he spends three years chasing Elliot and then dumps her immediately, it makes sense for the character but at the same time it's like "why should I ever be invested in what you want ever again?"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What's a "Ute?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A car, obviously.

Real answer: an abbreviation for utility, as in sports utility vehicle.