Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
That's not how odds work!

...who am I kidding, that's totally how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
30 M was yet another rainbow somehow. Queen as well. I mean, I'm not as jazzed on that one but holy crap that's 2 rainbows out of these tickets and one of them was Fina.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
All my 30m tickets were trash. My best pulls were by far moogles. But ignoring the guarantees, I think my best pull was probably a Meliadoul? Not that she’s new for me, but she’s one of about 3 total units that I actually fused instead of sold. One pull was Bedile and Fran.

Not that I can complain. I’m still statistically unlikely to get rainbows for quite a while yet, even though I keep getting them off random tickets and dailies. Just in the past two weeks I’ve gotten CG Fina, CG Sakura, Elfreeda and two Tidii*

* - neither of which was a rate-up pull either. One of them was the free ex ticket we just got.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
By sheer quantity I've had an absurd amount of luck between celebration tickets and dailies since the celebration tickets started. Beatrix, Elf-Chick, Eiko, Fohlen #2, and now Queen have all occurred since the celebration tickets started, either from dailies or the celebration tickets themselves. Also in that time was Reberta from the 10+1 we got at the end of March, Olive #4 from 5* ex ticket, and Lazercatte from a lapis pull I did on Fina banner. I just wish for a bit higher quality in the rainbows I pull.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is there a cheat to Machina of Destruction ELT?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Is there a cheat to Machina of Destruction ELT?

There's not a 'cheat' in that I think it's still one of the harder trials? It's also very dependent on what units you have access to.

It should be much easier to tank/DPS with the units out now compared to release though.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There was! They fixed it a ways back though. 2B Spear glitch on certain phones back in the days of the Nier banner. If 2B used her Spear move that gave her a buff to do more damage to mechanic enemies that buff would wig out on older phones and she'd do max damage.

I had good rainbow luck with the 30m tickets, lots of 10% moogles! :v: Also my first Wilhelm and Aranea which ain't bad whenever I get around to Malboro and, uh, need a TDH jumper, respectively.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My luck was definitely in the moogles. I got Fryevia#2 Needle super quick. Actually hardly any TMR work. Maybe 2 or 3 days.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Victis posted:

There's not a 'cheat' in that I think it's still one of the harder trials? It's also very dependent on what units you have access to.

It should be much easier to tank/DPS with the units out now compared to release though.

If you have a Christine, you can two turn the Machine of Destruction by chaining with another Christine. Other than that there are no “cheats” to make it easy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
In more disgusting pull luck news, I got Luneth #2 this morning from the last free ticket.

So that's Luneth #2, 2 Kunshirae, Prompto, Seabreeze Dark Fina, Lightning #4, Blossom Sage Sakura, Reberta #2, Fryevia from the 30 Million thing.

Before that, during the Tomb Raider thing, it was one of each kind of Aileen, Elfreeda, Marie #3 and Tidus #2.

And yet, I have not won the lottery yet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 4, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

E: wrong thread

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The most exciting thing I got from the 30m tickets was my first Steiner. zzzzzzzzzz

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Seriously, the 30m thing was a complete bust for me. I got like 1 setzer or something.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
So sadly I lost my phone and like a moron I also lost my dummy FB account I had FFBE on... So rerolling time because I love this drat game and can't get enough of it. After going through about 50+ rerolls I think I found the one I am going to stay on. 2x Kunshira, Fohlen and LM Fina. Fohlen honestly could come and go, but hey it's not like I'll complain about having a decent 5* base. I'll be updating the sheet soon with my new info, but I gotta say I cannot wait to get some crazy elemental chains going with my kitties. Woot for crazy reroll luck!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I got a Tidus today and don't think I care. Can you all tell me what to do?

I have 2 Aileens with pretty near BIS both, a Orlandeau with same, DV same, and an option for a pretty strong Luneth with matching elements for any of those.

I have no magic other than BS Sakura.

Would I ever run a Tidus or does he stay benched at 5*? Tell me what to do I don't want to think or decide thank you.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cobalt60 posted:

I got a Tidus today and don't think I care. Can you all tell me what to do?

I have 2 Aileens with pretty near BIS both, a Orlandeau with same, DV same, and an option for a pretty strong Luneth with matching elements for any of those.

I have no magic other than BS Sakura.

Would I ever run a Tidus or does he stay benched at 5*? Tell me what to do I don't want to think or decide thank you.

My two are benched because he’s not worth the effort right now. Once he gets 7* he’s a strong water finisher at least. I’d wait to even worry about leveling one if you actually get a second Tidus at some point.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dana Crysalis posted:

The most exciting thing I got from the 30m tickets was my first Steiner. zzzzzzzzzz

Goddamn, when I started playing, Steiners were practically falling out of the sky on me!

I still say this game needs a ‘trade with other players’ feature.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

LadyPictureShow posted:

Goddamn, when I started playing, Steiners were practically falling out of the sky on me!

I still say this game needs a ‘trade with other players’ feature.

It would be obscenely broken no matter what way you implemented it, because people are free to make as many accounts s they want.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I plan on investing a lot of lapis in Cactaurs this weekend and a poo poo ton of time grinding for 6* materials during the next ticket event. The RNG gods have been kind to me and I need guidance on what I should focus on building. I would like to build teams to take on some of the trials. This is what I have of note;

WoL, Cognazzo, Mystia

Lunera, Bran, Luka, Yan

TTerra, BS Sakura, 2x E. Aileen, Cupid Atemios, Victoria, Queen, Cor

Marie, Soliel, Divine Soleil, Dark Fina, Seabreaze DF, Rikku, Crowe, Balthier

I also own 4 Ashe and an Amelia for Arena Shenanigans.

I'm currently TMR'ing for Trick Hat. Then I plan on TMR'ing two Draco Spikes. The 2nd dual wield in the upcoming event will be helpful.

Any recommendations on content I should try to tackle or what teams i should be building? Maybe gaps I should try to fill?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kjermzs posted:

I plan on investing a lot of lapis in Cactaurs this weekend and a poo poo ton of time grinding for 6* materials during the next ticket event. The RNG gods have been kind to me and I need guidance on what I should focus on building. I would like to build teams to take on some of the trials. This is what I have of note;

WoL, Cognazzo, Mystia

Lunera, Bran, Luka, Yan

TTerra, BS Sakura, 2x E. Aileen, Cupid Atemios, Victoria, Queen, Cor

Marie, Soliel, Divine Soleil, Dark Fina, Seabreaze DF, Rikku, Crowe, Balthier

I also own 4 Ashe and an Amelia for Arena Shenanigans.

I'm currently TMR'ing for Trick Hat. Then I plan on TMR'ing two Draco Spikes. The 2nd dual wield in the upcoming event will be helpful.

Any recommendations on content I should try to tackle or what teams i should be building? Maybe gaps I should try to fill?

Enhanced WoL, Enhanced Marie, and one of Rikku, Yan (who is a bit better than Rikku,) Luka, or Lunera can make for a nigh-impregnable team for most of the content out now. That leaves two slots for DPS, not counting your friend unit. Two Explorer Aileens (and two Lara Crofts, for that matter) can chain with each other very well for good damage. Marie can offset them not having elemental imperils.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

fullTimeLurker posted:

If you have a Christine, you can two turn the Machine of Destruction by chaining with another Christine. Other than that there are no “cheats” to make it easy.

No Christine here, but would it be possible to one shot Aigaion with two TTerras after magical activation with a -60% SPR break? I've got e.WKN and I'm currently leveling Wilhelm's LB along with Ayaka and Illusionist Nichol, so I should possibly be able to sandbag him long enough to set up everyone to blow through him all at once.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

It would be obscenely broken no matter what way you implemented it, because people are free to make as many accounts s they want.

Make it so you can only do it after you reach rank 120 or something high enough that grinding a new account is impractical.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

No Christine here, but would it be possible to one shot Aigaion with two TTerras after magical activation with a -60% SPR break? I've got e.WKN and I'm currently leveling Wilhelm's LB along with Ayaka and Illusionist Nichol, so I should possibly be able to sandbag him long enough to set up everyone to blow through him all at once.

Don’t think that would work (I could be wrong, never tried it). But the reason it works with the Christine’s is because their single target nuke can be sure to take out the main body first, and there are -100% elemental de buffs but nothing remotely a powerful with spirit.

Give it a shot if your SPR imperil is single target, even better.

So first turn buff imperil body
2nd imperil left and kill body with TTs
3rd turn imperil right and kill both arms.

Again though, this is all theory as I haven’t tested it with TTs. Just keep making sure your provoke tank has auto raise every round.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Embarassing fact: Early today I crafted seven Ruler's Rings, and it dropped two mats. putting me at 4 of them, so now I have an extra taunting me. In addition, I used up all my hero rings, so I had to spend time making three simple hero rings to complete the recipe.

Final Ring total:

DO NOT DO THIS IT IS DUMB

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
My god man why

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Christine I’m assuming works better for that because the arms resist ice but the body is weak to ice.

And imperils and breaks are just different things. If you have to choose between them then a 60%+ break is going to be worth well more than even 100% imperils which are very rare. But, ideally, you just want both. Two TTerras is probably not enough to one-shot the body. 3 very well geared and enhanced ones can definitely do it though.

E: ^ Jesus Christ

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:stare: but also :toot:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Yes exactly.

Shoenin posted:

My god man why

Because we had half energy, I had nothing better to do, 199 energy pots, a ton of lapis for refreshing, and a lot of bahamut to waste my life on.

For the record, my party for the things was Wilhelm (Genji Shield), Ayaka (Safety Bit), Ace (for MP), Grim Lord Sakura (for all the damage), Hayate (two charm bangles and Diabolos to max out reduce encounters as much as possible). it was still dumb. all is dumb.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Embarassing fact: Early today I crafted seven Ruler's Rings, and it dropped two mats. putting me at 4 of them, so now I have an extra taunting me. In addition, I used up all my hero rings, so I had to spend time making three simple hero rings to complete the recipe.

Final Ring total:

DO NOT DO THIS IT IS DUMB

I still need 5 trophies to even get the recipe.

Congrats!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
6* spreadsheet is back up to date.

Current global top 30:

... and since 7* characters aren't far off now, here's the top 30 for the 7* characters already available in global:

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 5, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Todays update brings the little petal thing daily rewards things. They give you some every day and the others come from daily quests. Nothing really interesting from that shop except the 10% tickets which are the first time we get them. It has double the chance of pulling a rainbow than a 4* ticket but it doesn't guarantee a 4*. Better than EX tickets at least since you can target them at a banner. Worse IMO than a 10+1 ticket for people that just want to build up their roster or just want more 5* for future 7*s. Really would have prefered a 10+1 ticket but oh well. Daily free pulls resume tomorrow.

They already said we weren't getting chocobo expeditions like japan has. So there isn't an automated way of TMR farming, but lets be real here chocobo farming is for leaving 5 copies of 3* for like 2 weeks cooking to get a single TMR. We get more moogles on average than JP and we can farm the shrine without getting banned so its not that big of a loss. Supercites have been moved to our own expeditions and their drop rate seems fine. Also apparently they can drop from the chambers which is a net plus over japan.

We also dont have to farm entry items for 3* espers. We can just waltz in since that was a chocobo expedition reward. So less of a time block for us. 3* Siren is super easy and shouldn't be an issue for just about anyone. Ifrit can bust your balls if you dont have a magic tank and stack fire res him/her.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They already said we weren't getting chocobo expeditions like japan has. So there isn't an automated way of TMR farming, but lets be real here chocobo farming is for leaving 5 copies of 3* for like 2 weeks cooking to get a single TMR. We get more moogles on average than JP and we can farm the shrine without getting banned so its not that big of a loss. Supercites have been moved to our own expeditions and their drop rate seems fine. Also apparently they can drop from the chambers which is a net plus over japan.

I remember they said they were "considering" adding trust to expeditions, I think within the same Q&A where they said chocobo expeditions weren't come over here. Maybe they'll implement Trust gains later.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My Basch is up as friend with 205% fire resistance before buffs. Bring your own physical tank, two chainers with ice weapons, and make sure shiva is equipped to somebody. Leave a hole for the five man mission. Easy peasy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, just drained like 800 red magicite and 800 megacite and 10 supercite, and that’s as far as I got.
If you haven’t figured it out, after you awaken Siren to three, skip leveling her. Stick with the espers that have killers and poo poo...

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

3* esper were a joke. I accidentally 1 rounded siren.

Doggo for ifrit mvp

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Supercites are the only way to level 3* reliably, all those megacites might as well be pennies to them

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/all-esper-skill-grid-guide-updated-all-3-esper-except-titan.10798/

Builds are there.

That’s as far as I could get at level 26. Had to pay the 100 Lapis fee to reset the board, but that’s worth it. Get beastkiller + first, then go for plantkiller +.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Was way overkill for both esper fights. Literal one-shot of Siren, had to reload and bop her for 20 turns to get esper orbs.

I got Ifrit to 35 and Siren to 32 on the 10 supercites and enough red/blue megas to dip my counter under 999. (I had..... a lot.) Siren I picked up the ST Reflection Boost panels and now she gives more MAG than Bahamut so I mean, yay?

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 5, 2018

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Was way overkill for both esper fights. Literal one-shot of Siren, had to reload and bop her for 20 turns to get esper orbs.

I got Ifrit to 35 and Siren to 32 on the 10 supercites and enough red/blue megas to dip my counter under 999. (I had..... a lot.) Siren I picked up the ST Reflection Boost panels and now she gives more MAG than Bahamut so I mean, yay?

lol i saw the image before the edit and wondered how the heck Lara, Xon, and a non-maxed Zidane managed to crush the trials, but this makes more sense.

4*+ ticket from Siren finally delivered the Lotus Fina I’ve been chasing. I assume I can officially retire Ayala now or are there cases where I’d want one over the other? Honestly I haven’t been in dire need of healing with Ramza singing away but I appreciate the options.

Think I’m gonna put off Ifrit until I finish farming an ice katana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Took down Ifrit with OK+friend OK using Splendor of Water; no ice weapons used but each had 150% beast killer. Wilhelm built with 100% dodge, Ramza, and Doggo with 210% fire res after Splendor buff. Zero issues, thanks for stopping by Ifrit, but having another thing(supercites) to grind is :barf:

• Locked thread