Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

As I recall, it was Sue who called him that at first, and then he agreed and took up the name himself.

I wish writers would write Reed as a good person more often than they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bongo Bill posted:

As I recall, it was Sue who called him that at first, and then he agreed and took up the name himself.

Yeah, they picked their own superhero names, and even though Sue was the first one to call him that, he was the one who decided to stick with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I bet right after Mr Fantastic picked his everyone said "god dammit, why didn't I think of that?"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Didn't the Council of Reeds show that eventually Reed Richards will absolutely and definitely become a super villain in every single universe?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

GrandpaPants posted:

Nah the panel where Reed is tucking in Franklin (or was it Valeria?) is still pretty timeless. Requesting it be posted, thanks in advance.

Calaveron posted:

No because in what universe is calling himself Mr. Fantastic and the guy who got the poo poo end of the stick The Thing a way to try to make them showman esque super heroes

gently caress the police, post it anyway

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gologle posted:

Didn't the Council of Reeds show that eventually Reed Richards will absolutely and definitely become a super villain in every single universe?

616 Reed was the exception.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Rhyno posted:

Because he was the only one who had a dad, because he was the sole survivor of all the other Richards' Dads killing each other in a multiversal slaughterfest, i'm told. It's still dumb.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I mean, that's a hell of a decision to make for them, and still pretty arrogant but at least there's a benevolent logic to it.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean, that's a hell of a decision to make for them, and still pretty arrogant but at least there's a benevolent logic to it.

ReedRichards.txt

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rhyno posted:

He's arguably a supervillain in 616 as well. The only thing that keeps him on the rails is Sue.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rhyno posted:

In the Councils eyes, it is HE who is Evil!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the Rank of

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

You can be a Herbie.
The council is made up of Reeds and Herbies.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Skwirl posted:

I bet right after Mr Fantastic picked his everyone said "god dammit, why didn't I think of that?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDzBVvhbtIw

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Other than random mooks on the street did anyone actually call him Mr Fantastic?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He could have been Mr Fabulous
https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/980645865596440576

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr. Fabulous would be an awesome name for Mr. Sinister as voiced by Tim Curry.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Clamknuckle posted:

Other than random mooks on the street did anyone actually call him Mr Fantastic?

Most people at least in the present day tend to call him by his doctoral title if anything

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Gavok posted:

Mr. Fabulous would be an awesome name for Mr. Sinister as voiced by Tim Curry.

So Hexxus?

Does anyone have any good Captain America panels on hand featuring Arnie Roth? I was telling a friend about him earlier and couldn't think of any issue numbers to look up examples for him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But for realsies

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why's peter at crotch level? :v

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He sat down to listen to the story. Turned out it was more of a moral lesson though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
What a stupid moral it is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cuchulain posted:

So Hexxus?

Does anyone have any good Captain America panels on hand featuring Arnie Roth? I was telling a friend about him earlier and couldn't think of any issue numbers to look up examples for him.

Captain America 296

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I'm sorry, I know that page is hearbreaking and very touching, but it's completely undercut by those stupid panels of Bucky smiling like an idiot

Infinitum posted:

But for realsies

This is one of those "sounds good until you spend more than 2 seconds to think about it" things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

McCloud posted:

I'm sorry, I know that page is hearbreaking and very touching, but it's completely undercut by those stupid panels of Bucky smiling like an idiot

This is one of those "sounds good until you spend more than 2 seconds to think about it" things.

Yeah, sometimes the people saying "no, you move" is a county clerk refusing to give a marriage license to Arnie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That basic message is that you should stand by your principles and what you believe is right despite what deigned as correct which should obviously be meant for oppressed people to break from their chains, but in this dystopic apocalyptic reality we live in of course it will be co-opted by any far-reich nutjob that thinks we need an ethnical cleansing.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why's peter at crotch level? :v

He's doing that low squat thing he always does. Spider-man's idea of a restful position is a little unconventional, Caps lucky he's not 12ft up a wall and upside-down.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

That basic message is that you should stand by your principles and what you believe is right despite what deigned as correct which should obviously be meant for oppressed people to break from their chains, but in this dystopic apocalyptic reality we live in of course it will be co-opted by any far-reich nutjob that thinks we need an ethnical cleansing.

It's actually much improved on in the Civil War movie when it's presented as Peggy's response to institutional sexism.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

He's doing that low squat thing he always does. Spider-man's idea of a restful position is a little unconventional, Caps lucky he's not 12ft up a wall and upside-down.

There's a reason most other superheroes dislike Spider-Man and why he was never on any teams as anything more than a reserve member prior to New Avengers, they almost all think he's creepy and/or a jerk for a whole lot of different reasons

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In Peter's defense, he's a teenager when most of them get their first impressions.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Don't forget that way back in the very first issue of The Amazing Spider-Man, one of the two stories in that issue (the one featured on the cover, no less) was about Spider-Man basically breaking into the Baxter Building and picking a fight with the Fantastic Four in a misguided attempt to audition for a spot on their team.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

McCloud posted:

It’s presented as him seeing another friend dying

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This is like when people point out that Superman's quick 30 second conversation won't cure Regan's depression and struggle with suicide.

You get the point, ya jerks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

With that outfit? Like hell he would.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Cuchulain posted:

I like this one for its simplicity, and for trying its damndest to get the point across without actually being able to say that Arnie was gay.

Got it from this article, which has a bunch of other good pages.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good page, but what does he really expect Cap to do? Punch the AIDS out of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Good page, but what does he really expect Cap to do? Punch the AIDS out of him?