Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

i like the concept of that champ but i dont know how id feel about playing him in the lane where the invulnerable ninjas hang out

it works extremely well but you need to have balls of steel to play it. karthus, played well, has a lot of tools to deal with melee lane bullies and vs ranged bullies it is basically just a typical mid lane environment. resource management on karthus is razor edge sharp because you need to float enough mana to discourage all ins but you are also spamming qs, and if you use wall prematurely you can die to an all in. it is not for the faint of heart but it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i am a meek worm and have the small, shriveled balls of a coward. who is the champ for me

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wangsbig posted:

i am a meek worm and have the small, shriveled balls of a coward. who is the champ for me

teemo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wangsbig posted:

Janna or Lulu. Take your pick.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Wangsbig posted:

Ziggs or Xerath

Yasuo

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

The Shortest Path posted:

W...what? Lux buffs? Lux SUPPORT buffs?!

It's gonna be a weird few weeks.

njsykora posted:

Gonna play me some support Lux today.

The shield buff is from PBE not 8.7

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

iSurrender posted:

The shield buff is from PBE not 8.7

I don't need a buff to play supplux.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Real talk, is support Karth any better this patch? His Q does 20 more damage at every rank for hitting 1 target, and landing 5 or so is a lot of extra damage in lane.

I don't think I really would have advocated for it before, but AP mages belong bot to a certain extent, and champs like velkoz who really ought to not be down there manage to do well because their damage justifies it. Just curious if Karthus has hit that threshhold.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Real talk, is support Karth any better this patch? His Q does 20 more damage at every rank for hitting 1 target, and landing 5 or so is a lot of extra damage in lane.

I don't think I really would have advocated for it before, but AP mages belong bot to a certain extent, and champs like velkoz who really ought to not be down there manage to do well because their damage justifies it. Just curious if Karthus has hit that threshhold.

support karth sounds like poo poo to me just because defile is a dead skill since it pushes the wave awkwardly and w is always really situational so you are a one button support, but also you have no real sustain(his weak built in sustain is based off landing last hits and that is not going to happen on a support)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You could have karthus take the ADC spot instead of support, but you run into the problem of the other guy just getting a shield or lifesteal or building movement speed items and just having more unavoidable damage then you can deal even if you land all your lay wastes.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Someone tried this against me earlier today. He pushed us back with Q spam then ran completely oom before killing anyone. We re-engaged at level 3 and he ended with something like 11 deaths.

Probably could be fine if you manage your mana. New Manaflow is really easy to stack up in early laning phase and having a mini Veigar passive is useful.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Vermain posted:

Janna or Lulu. Take your pick.
On-Hit Lulu is for big brave balls.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I reinstalled this dumb game

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guys I am quitting league and moving to Fortnite for the next 10 years

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
master dopa on the current meta: korizon.net/dopa-eu-meta-support-overpowered/

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's my unpopular opinion: That has always been the case since the game's inception and I've been preaching that since before madlife MVPed a worlds.

Not that I disagree with him that there was a support power creep but I honestly, down-to-earth believe that the biggest impairment to support players are how supports were expected to be played and even the name support carries a connotation that the average LoL player is not happy with.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Top Lane being useless is for the best. gently caress auto losing games to Aatrox and tryndamere

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Teikanmi posted:

Guys I am quitting league and moving to Fortnite for the next 10 years

See you back here in 3 months

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Top Lane being useless is for the best. gently caress auto losing games to Aatrox and tryndamere

Tell that to my level 1 Lucian who just got level 2 cheesed by Aatrox E-Q-flashignite-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa first blooded 20 minutes ago

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elentor posted:

Not that I disagree with him that there was a support power creep but I honestly, down-to-earth believe that the biggest impairment to support players are how supports were expected to be played and even the name support carries a connotation that the average LoL player is not happy with.

I mean, it's also that only a vanishing minority wanted to play support in solo queue until support power creep came into play, because the traditional support champions (with the sole exception of Thresh) are boring no-brain garbage and don't get to have the same raw, visceral feeling of 1v9ing the game that carry champs do. Right now, the big problem with support is that it's a meta that's strongly tilted in favor of defensive supports with relatively low skill floors that prevent anything interesting from happening. Janna's pick rate in NA in Diamond+ is 7% higher than the next highest (Thresh), and the other top 5 supports are loving Lulu, Nami, and Morgana. If you have a role that's overwhelmingly comprised of champions that can counter high skill play (a diver like Riven, an assassin like Zed, etc.) with low skill play (Lulu clicks W on you and then clicks R + E on her carry), people are gonna hate playing against it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Im very happy that the invulnerable ninja champs are being ensaddened by me pressing 1 button

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Just get rid of green shield, tanks should go to the boring lane (top) and leave bot for an incredible test of will between four twisted freaks

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

If it makes Zed and Riven players angry, thats another positive of playing support.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Better nerf Irelia. Also if support means I get to make assassin players mad with Taric stuns it's a good position.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

njsykora posted:

Better nerf Irelia. Also if support means I get to make assassin players mad with Taric stuns it's a good position.

Ive only played one game with that new girl and they went 0-11 mid so Im excited to see 0-13 mid next game I play

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

master dopa on the current meta: korizon.net/dopa-eu-meta-support-overpowered/

quote:

Dopa: I think ADC players are the people you need to respect in this meta the most. Because ADC really is a skill match-up. Most ADC players are stupid. And they have to be! Because they have to focus on a different aspect of the game
Lmao he’s right though

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Please don't encourage the Zeal-First-Vaynes of the world TIA. :shobon:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
im cull first vayne

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i made a play today that i definitely earned on account of my elite tier skill. the other player on the other hand played perfectly as well and im just that much better than her

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2018

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Didn't know Mikujin changed his Summoner name

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Wangsbig posted:

Traitor

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Rygar201 posted:

Didn't know Mikujin changed his Summoner name

That ahri landed skillshots. Definitely not miku

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://howmanydayssince.net/03/06/2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wangsbig posted:

Singed is a trap. While it's true that you deal damage by running away from your enemies the optimal way to play Singed involves being crazy enough to always be in situations where the enemies want to chase you in the first place.

Teemo is a good champion if you want to torment your enemies and you feel like devoting your time to plan escape routes.

Lulu is probably the answer you're looking for to be honest.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the ultimate cowards champion is ap nasus mid. you do not ever interact with the enemy laner. question has been answered and this discussion is over

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
ADC in select: omg top and jg troll picks, let's take this seriously and go all-out, take (ap champ) as support

0-5 ADC as I'm 4-3: i'm just trolling

1-9 ADC as I'm 4-5 and the nexus is crumbling: (ap champ) where were you all game

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
hell yeah... the league of legends community will do that to ya.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

the ultimate cowards champion is ap nasus mid. you do not ever interact with the enemy laner. question has been answered and this discussion is over

true

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How do you even farm with Nasus E and not miss like half the creeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

How do you even farm with Nasus E and not miss like half the creeps

it is actually really hard to do. ap nasus is not an easy champion per se, just non interactive