Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sludge Tank posted:

wtf is this vertical diet i keep hearing abt

Beef, eggs, dairy and rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
cant find the IWF european championships with english commentary and the autotranslated subtitles are garbage what the heck""!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blj3dL2RYLg

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
jiri orsag was not successful in his nap but hey what can you expect when you're up against lasha talakhadze who is one of the best nappers in history

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Pulled a trap taking off a tshirt. Again.

loving 40s, suck my cock.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/ASwzVE2.mp4

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

his muscles look quite confused

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A human sine wave.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think we've found the basis for our perpetual motion machine

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I just did 5x12 bench and 5x12 squat i want to loving kill myself

8 reps ur like sweet i got this :gbsmith: then 10 reps ur a bit :smith: then at 12 ur like :smithicide:

gently caress my life

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm about to restart Average to Savage with new training maxes, so I'll be back to sets of 12 as well. Even at 55% or whatever, 12 squats absolutely gasses me.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Ive never really had working sets over 10 from when i did BBB 5/3/1 so 12 loving fists me. I want to die. Great pump though.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

lmao

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Not sure if it's just the shorts but crossfit 'judge' chicks always have nice bums

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Wait so does that mean she was like judging him as in that was some kind of event or legit exercise because pretty sure youd be laughed out of any proper gym for doing that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sludge Tank posted:

Wait so does that mean she was like judging him as in that was some kind of event or legit exercise because pretty sure youd be laughed out of any proper gym for doing that

They like it in the box, though.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

sassassin posted:

They like it in the box, though.
:eyepop:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I wonder if that Kevin Ogar guy still does those retarded non-pullups

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQvSmqChm6M

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

What's the point of doing them that way???

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Vargatron posted:

What's the point of doing them that way???

you can say you can do 30 "pullups"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Kipping your pull-ups is dumb but that guy is loving insufferable.

naem
May 29, 2011

who needs rotator cuffs anyway

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Elgintensity, as it turn out, is a lovely human being with occasional good zingers.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Vargatron posted:

Elgintensity, as it turn out, is a lovely human being with occasional good zingers.

That’s better than me already

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
All crossfitters should die

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pressed 5 reps of 175. I thought I was going to explode from clenching my abs so hard.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Why is that video quality so bad?

https://i.imgur.com/zNQ4Zd4.gifv

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Some birds were just never meant to fly

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Poor grip strength

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
5x12 deadlifts today the day after 5x12 squats and bench

Spewed hard after the 4th set. Never spewed that much before. Holy gently caress. The lactic burn 🤢

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sludge Tank posted:

All crossfitters should die

I don't want them dead. I just want them to shut the gently caress up and stop smiling so much.

Sludge Tank posted:

5x12 deadlifts today the day after 5x12 squats and bench

Spewed hard after the 4th set. Never spewed that much before. Holy gently caress. The lactic burn 🤢

I can't get that overworked without losing my form first. Does that just come with practice?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
The form certainly breaks down a little. My PT was watching and calling cues as best i could maintain. By the 8-9th rep its getting hard to sit fully back down in that deep position but this week is just all high rep cardiovascular work before the reps start dropping down again over the next few weeks. Working at 60%

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I switched to 531 rest pause recently (slight variation from the one in Beyond 531 and I do 3 days/week instead of 2) and I'm loving it. AMRAP @65% as final set of squat/dl hurts so good.
I do all assistance work as rest pause and it seems to be perfect for me, weight and reps are just flying up.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Wow it feels so good to go heavy again after that loving volume phase bullshit. WOW. I actually think the volume you're doing by week 3 on that program is counterproductive. I can't possibly eat enough to sustain that and make any progress, but I did throw up 225 for an easy 8 after not flat benching for 6 months. Look at these pecs man.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

Wow it feels so good to go heavy again after that loving volume phase bullshit. WOW. I actually think the volume you're doing by week 3 on that program is counterproductive. I can't possibly eat enough to sustain that and make any progress, but I did throw up 225 for an easy 8 after not flat benching for 6 months. Look at these pecs man.

I’ve moved off the RP programme for a while and am doing nSuns 5/3/1 because I was starting to see finishing returns. Focusing on strength for a while is a nice change, with more easily seen progression. I even started a log! :3:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bob Morales posted:

Not sure if it's just the shorts but crossfit 'judge' chicks always have nice bums
i’d wager 95% of the hours of the design process of those crossfit shorts are spent answering the question, “how do we most improve white girl butts?”

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
also after being stuck around 190lbs for a year, i’m fluctuating around 205lbs for the past few months after i ate whatever i wanted for about two months after my dad died. i cannot lie to myself any longer by saying it’s just leg progress. i fear i’m actually gonna have to stop eating fried foods and bread and poo poo.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

TenementFunster posted:

i’d wager 95% of the hours of the design process of those crossfit shorts are spent answering the question, “how do we most improve white girl butts?”

And bless those designers

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Defiant Sally posted:

IS RP for enhanced lifterS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

TenementFunster posted:

also after being stuck around 190lbs for a year, i’m fluctuating around 205lbs for the past few months after i ate whatever i wanted for about two months after my dad died. i cannot lie to myself any longer by saying it’s just leg progress. i fear i’m actually gonna have to stop eating fried foods and bread and poo poo.

rip