Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Cable Guy posted:

Well that was unexpected...

Apparently they survived.

I remember seeing this when it was back in the kickstarter phase... Here's some more pictures and some more info

OSHA: A routine flight came in contact with a building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Gynocentric Regime posted:

This is exactly what I was getting at, the child’s father is directly responsible for his death. It seems wrong to hold them accountable when the father said that it was alright for them to do what they did.

There's another option you're missing: hold them all accountable. Him being a colossal piece of poo poo doesn't diminish their shittiness.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I know it's been posted and discussed a ton in the last few pages, but for anyone that skipped reading that Waterpark Murder 2 Indictment, you really should read it. Every loving bit of it is astonishing and worth reading.

As a note on that, it does meet Kansas's definition of Murder 2

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hobbesmaster posted:

I mean, its not wrong, but :drat:

Does anyone have a link to the indictment against the designer? That one has the murder charge.

More like Verfuckt.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Seriously that entire indictment needs to be inlined. The same raft was responsible for two injuries the same day as the kid was killed.

Page 12 sounds like he's stumpin for trump

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

hobbesmaster posted:

Seriously that entire indictment needs to be inlined. The same raft was responsible for two injuries the same day as the kid was killed.

I think those two were other riders on the same raft as the kid.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
I'm surprised the shady attorney trying to get the police report wasn't charged with something

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fins posted:

I'm surprised the shady attorney trying to get the police report wasn't charged with something

Might've filed an ethics complaint with the bar. For everyone else mentioned doing questionable things I'd assume anyone not charged is testifying for the prosecution. Especially those 3 maintenance workers.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

fins posted:

Why? Getting a copy of the police report is entirely standard and it'll be handed over as part of discovery anyway. The PDF isn't text-searchable, and I missed that part when I skimmed it.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Stage 1 of my penis

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Phanatic posted:

Why? Getting a copy of the police report is entirely standard and it'll be handed over as part of discovery anyway. The PDF isn't text-searchable, and I missed that part when I skimmed it.

He asked a kid's mom for a police report they filed by saying that the detective said she should do it. She kicked him out of her house and called the detective. The detective said that he just spoke to the attorney and the attorney said that the mom had authorized the report's release. While on the phone with the detective, the mother got a phone call from the lawyer asking again for the report saying that he'd just called the detective and the detective said to give the lawyer the report.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
https://i.imgur.com/vmcVOAj.gifv

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

That's a concussion.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vargatron posted:

That's a concussion.

I have a feeling he didn't damage much

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Blindeye posted:

I have heard this but other than being a Republican, was he directly linked to deregulating amusement park rides?

From what I've seen, he was one of the people pushing the deregulation bill, and also the tort reform that limited damages to 1/20th of what he just received as a settlement. The man should be in jail for reckless endangerment and blackmail (or whatever the proper charge for extracting that exorbitant amount of money would be)

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

hobbesmaster posted:

He asked a kid's mom for a police report they filed by saying that the detective said she should do it. She kicked him out of her house and called the detective. The detective said that he just spoke to the attorney and the attorney said that the mom had authorized the report's release. While on the phone with the detective, the mother got a phone call from the lawyer asking again for the report saying that he'd just called the detective and the detective said to give the lawyer the report.

Ah, yeah, that warrants the bar's attention.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
I used to work for a very large, international manufacturing company. One winter the global head of workplace health and safety was having some trouble with his snowblower and stuck his hand in the blades, ended up losing the first section of his fingers. Apparently his wife told people that the actual pain of the injury was less than the pain he felt for being so stupid.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
New US-CSB video: Animation of Explosion at PCA's DeRidder, Louisiana, Pulp and Paper Mill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a96kriSo6EQ

I like these videos because they partially explain how factories work that I didn't know anything about. I almost want more disasters so more CSB videos get made.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd bet none of the people charged over their death slide with actually be convicted of Murder 2, they are just charging them with the expectation they will plead down.

Also

quote:

"A company which owns a SkyRunner was performing a routine flight on Friday when it came in contact with a building,"

Absurd and deliberate obfuscation like this cracks me the gently caress up. They are so worried about anything blowing back on them they are too cowardly to even use the word 'crash.'

Next time I'm in a fender bender I'll tell my insurance company,"It was an aborted attempt at disproving the Pauli Exclusion Priniciple."

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 4, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Necrosaro posted:

New US-CSB video: Animation of Explosion at PCA's DeRidder, Louisiana, Pulp and Paper Mill

I like these videos because they partially explain how factories work that I didn't know anything about. I almost want more disasters so more CSB videos get made.

This is narrated like a briefing for some kind of stealth infiltration mission.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Necrosaro posted:

Just came to post this too, the incident made me blurt out "Holy gently caress!"

Their animation has gotten really good, but seeing that thing take off like a rocket was amazing.

Vargatron posted:

This is narrated like a briefing for some kind of stealth infiltration mission.

The narrator for their videos is wonderful, and I want him to narrate everything. His pacing and tone are flawless, and convey gravity and seriousness.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

I’m conflicted about this case, I mean they are obviously guilty of gross negligence and should be charged for the other people getting hurt; but to me the father of the kid is as much to blame for his death as they are.

vvv I don’t think they should be charged for the dead kid if he isn’t. vvv

This is exactly what I was getting at, the child’s father is directly responsible for his death. It seems wrong to hold them accountable when the father said that it was alright for them to do what they did.

What stupid and wrong options you have here lol

Do you know what 'directly responsible' means because evidence suggests you even fail at understanding simple definitions. Ignoring that, your last sentence is completely made up lmao

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Why are you charging me with murder?? Someone told me I should shoot that guy!!! :downs:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Why are you charging me with murder?? Someone told me I should shoot that guy!!! :downs:

*could

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dr.Smasher posted:

I think the first sentence is all the proof needed.

He traded in his 2016 Audi S4 lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/QB0P9Lg.mp4

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

How did they not notice with all the extra wind resistance? :psyduck:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Looks like a DIY Holi festival

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

That's not a very efficient way to sand the roads. Kinda cool though.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

shortspecialbus posted:

I know it's been posted and discussed a ton in the last few pages, but for anyone that skipped reading that Waterpark Murder 2 Indictment, you really should read it. Every loving bit of it is astonishing and worth reading.

Holy poo poo those guys were terrible.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I told my coworker about the Verrückt indictment.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Verrückt Indictment sounds like a new item in the next Dark Souls.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

deoju posted:

I'd bet none of the people charged over their death slide with actually be convicted of Murder 2, they are just charging them with the expectation they will plead down.

Also

Absurd and deliberate obfuscation like this cracks me the gently caress up. They are so worried about anything blowing back on them they are too cowardly to even use the word 'crash.'

Next time I'm in a fender bender I'll tell my insurance company,"It was an aborted attempt at disproving the Pauli Exclusion Priniciple."

Same. It makes it sounds so routine. "Well what happened is we attached a parachute to a hopped-up gokart and put a propeller on back, and that's just business as usual ya know? Normal everyday stuff there. So yea anyways a building was there and contact was made with it.atsixtymilesanhourinaflyinggokart So really it was the winds fault and we're chalking it up to inevitability."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"Turns out things fly faster than Bernoulli said they would."

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Tumble posted:

Same. It makes it sounds so routine. "Well what happened is we attached a parachute to a hopped-up gokart and put a propeller on back, and that's just business as usual ya know? Normal everyday stuff there. So yea anyways a building was there and contact was made with it.atsixtymilesanhourinaflyinggokart So really it was the winds fault and we're chalking it up to inevitability."
Nono, it's always the passive voice

The craft then encountered a building-involved incident

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
An encounter with an object possessing a nearly identical speed vector according to a lunar frame of reference

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"... and were it not for the (liberal) electromagnetic force, the aircraft would have passed through the building without incident."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

An encounter with an object possessing a nearly identical speed vector according to a lunar frame of reference

I'm using this on my next auto claim

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Vargatron posted:

Verrückt Indictment sounds like a new item in the next Dark Souls.

Henry Purcell - The Verruckt Indictment op. 420

Kings College Choir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Strong nuclear force -- surprisingly strong!