Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

One of my favorite things about Morrowind is the series of books based off a Duran Duran Song lyric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Entropy238 posted:

– Hotfusion's economy adjuster. Makes merchants pretty ruthless until you've got a high mercantile skill, and a few other changes to the economy in game. Training is extraordinarily expensive and not something you'll be able to afford till the mid/late game.

Does this mod lower the sell value of created potions? You could become obscenely rich very early due to the high value of them

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

One of my favorite things about Morrowind is the series of books based off a Duran Duran Song lyric.

???

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Ah yes. "Hungry Like The Nixhound" by Suran Suran.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

This is divine.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Morrowind book series "A Dance in Fire" and the chorus lines from Duran Duran's "A View to a Kill", the 1985 James Bond movie theme song.

Dance into the fire
That fatal kiss is all we need
Dance into the fire
To fatal sounds of broken dreams
Dance into the fire
That fatal kiss is all we need
Dance into the fire

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

🎵The ghostfence glows bright with the souls of the dead / the plains give their dust to the sea / but by modding, savescumming, and alchemy / This island belongs to me

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

His name is Curio, and he dances in the ash...

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Kraven Moorhed posted:

This is divine.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45562/?tab=images

as far as my limited knowledge of *chim* goes this is all canon; bearded ESO loremaster needs to get to work integrating it

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i got drunk the other night and installed the "hunt osama bin laden" mod and it owns

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 4, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Whorelord posted:

i got drunk the other night and installed the "hunt osama bin laden" mod and it owns

tr is cancelled, this cant be topped

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm surprised the quest doesn't lead you back to Fargoth.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i killed Osama (and got his AK-47 as a reward) and Cauis was very happy about it

I got a mission to go to the American Embassy in Ebonheart where I received a mission to persuade Duke Dren to send troops to Iraq

I did, after bribing him 2000 gold (satire) and then became a member of the CIA or something. Then I massacred everyone in the American Embassy because I was roleplaying a deep cover agent of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

quote:

tr is cancelled, this cant be topped

the mod conflicts with tr so it better be, this is a must have for any Morrowind install.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Whorelord posted:

i killed Osama (and got his AK-47 as a reward) and Cauis was very happy about it

5. gently caress you TR and OpenMW you've been out loving played

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Holy poo poo I remember that mod. I thought it was long gone I've been looking for it for years

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

its on the nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/11048/

the american embassy has embassy worker npcs in it who are male imperials, who are actually the female bosmer shopkeeper from tel mora who has a corprus stalker in her attic so if you go to tel mora the shopkeeper is replaced by an american embassy worker

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Honestly I'm a little disappointed it's from 2007 and not the height of the Kill Osama/Nuke The Middle East flash game era, but that's still absolutely loving incredible and pure and authentic. How's the AK?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's from like 2003, that's a reupload lol

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Big Word posted:

Honestly I'm a little disappointed it's from 2007 and not the height of the Kill Osama/Nuke The Middle East flash game era, but that's still absolutely loving incredible and pure and authentic. How's the AK?

op af

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Whorelord posted:

its on the nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/11048/

the american embassy has embassy worker npcs in it who are male imperials, who are actually the female bosmer shopkeeper from tel mora who has a corprus stalker in her attic so if you go to tel mora the shopkeeper is replaced by an american embassy worker

:perfect:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's from like 2003, that's a reupload lol
Good. Legit

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

someone please make a new york expansion tia

rldmoto
Oct 17, 2011

Is Morroblivion any good?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

rldmoto posted:

No no no no no no no

It had no redeeming qualities

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Plus you’ll lose access to a lot of great mods, like Tamriel Rebuilt.

rldmoto
Oct 17, 2011

Very well. I'll keep on with the Morrowind engine then.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

rldmoto posted:

Plus, if you want to play Morrowind inside the Oblivion engine, just play Shivering Isles.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I can't imagine why anyone would want to do anything inside the Oblivion engine. It feels like one step forward eight steps back as far as engines go.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do anything inside the Oblivion engine. It feels like one step forward eight steps back as far as engines go.

Yeah of everything available--whether it's Morrowind with MGE-XE, or OpenMW, or even Skyrim's iteration of the Creation Engine--is superior in some important way to Oblivion and its variant of Gamebryo. It's just...not good.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

chaosapiant posted:

Plus, if you want to play Morrowind inside the Oblivion engine, just play Shivering Isles.

Oblivion's crashy as poo poo too, and everybody has told me Morrowind is stable as hell even after a million years since release.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Node posted:

Oblivion's crashy as poo poo too, and everybody has told me Morrowind is stable as hell even after a million years since release.

:lol: Who told you Morrowind is stable? Maybe OpenMW is, but I haven't played it much.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

:lol: Who told you Morrowind is stable? Maybe OpenMW is, but I haven't played it much.

morrowind is pretty stable, stop running hentai mods or whatever

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
compared to oblivion, everything is stable

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

morrowind is pretty stable, stop running hentai mods or whatever

ootb doesn't morrowind have a significant risk of corrupting your savegames if you save outside?

Mountaineer posted:

i don't think openmw has crashed once for me; it's almost unnerving

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

Mountaineer posted:

Morrowind used to be crashy as gently caress for me, but something in the combination of morrowind code patch and morrowind-xe makes it very stable for me.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Convoolio posted:

Morrowind used to be crashy as gently caress for me, but something in the combination of morrowind code patch and morrowind-xe makes it very stable for me.

Really depends on how many mods you have.

It was stable for me up to around 300, but past that you start running out of 32bit memory with extended playing sessions (and you have to merge them anyhow). Depends how big they are as well of course.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Convoolio posted:

yeah there seems to have been a real codification of all these tools (or at the very least their usage) in recent years to the point where you don't hear too many complaints about stability. need to install windows on this computer and give it a go again; iirc never got that exponential fog working which is a shame since it looked so gorgeous.

happy with the 'vanilla with the rough edges shaved off' openmw install/modlist i've got though; enjoying it to the point where i might actually finish the game this time. i hope they make some good progress on the ai though; don't mind having to kite followers around obstacles too much but since i'm playing a pure mage having your summon just stand around in combat 9 times out of 10 unless you specifically position them between you and the enemy is a bit of a headache. or at least i'm assuming that's not standard behaviour in vanilla mw

Private Speech posted:

Really depends on how many mods you have.

It was stable for me up to around 300, but past that you start running out of 32bit memory with extended playing sessions (and you have to merge them anyhow). Depends how big they are as well of course.

maybe it was just my inexperience modding the game but i wasn't able to get it even close to that number (not that i would want that on a first playthrough). around 20 and the game started falling apart. 300 is absolutely respectable - even the newer games still have that hardcoded 256 plugin limit iirc - 300 with some merging is very good going

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 8, 2018

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Node posted:

compared to oblivion, everything is stable

Speaking as someone who just wrapped up a 90ish-hour-long modded playthrough of Oblivion: The game ain’t that crashy, provided you’re running the right memory boosters (the 4GB patch and ENBBoost, primarily) and NVAC.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 8, 2018

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cross-Section posted:

Speaking as someone who just wrapped up a 90ish-hour-long modded playthrough of Oblivion: The game ain’t that crashy, provided you’re running the right memory boosters (the 4GB patch and ENBBoost, primarily) and NVAC.

out of the box i'd honestly say oblivion is more stable than morrowind (and skyrim is more stable then oblivion etc). can get a bit flaky once you start heavily modding it but provided you know what buttons not to push (figuratively and literally) it's ok to work with. anything that improves the memory management is an absolute godsend yes; the 'replace heap' function in oblivion stutter remover took the game from unplayable to playable for me. still don't quite know what that thing actually did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

just a quick update on TR

one of the quest writers came out of hibernation

old ebonheart itself is going to have ~40 quests lol