Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So I have the weirdest issue with this game in that if I hold down any key my game stutters real bad. I kind of fixed this by turning off sticky keys (so holding down W in notepad will print 1W instead of continuing to print them)

However if I press my mouse button a bunch it also causes the stutter.

Does anyone else have this issue, or any ideas how to fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Elentor posted:

I'm unironically impressed by how reliably he can get to second place without being killed, that's not trivial. No matter how cowardly you play you're bound to be seen by someone and that will force some confrontation. And super confused as to why there are games where he just dies early on. Makes me think that he needs to loot some basic healing stuff before he moves on to whatever MGS strategy he has.

It's super weird. The only logical explanation I can find is that he glitches and gets under the terrain and sometimes he dies trying to do that.

I'm assuming he just gets spotted on the way to his hiding place, or someone accidentally finds him in his hiding place.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

So I have the weirdest issue with this game in that if I hold down any key my game stutters real bad. I kind of fixed this by turning off sticky keys (so holding down W in notepad will print 1W instead of continuing to print them)

Does this happen in other games? Does it happen in both fullscreen and windowed fullscreen? It sounds like your usb is messed up / faulting. Check windows event log. Move your mouse/kb to other USB ports. I've also seen weird interaction problems with bundled cables, if they're all bundled together but that seems much less likely.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Next event is Shotguns/Melee only on Miramar

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/981774653776629763

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

cyanidewolf posted:

Someone in the cool Discord posted this and I can't get over how cool that guy is. Everyone should take a peep at his stats.

I would legit watch him if he had a stream, just to know his secrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1U1ZEOZQL0

Capt. Morgan
Feb 23, 2006

Shroud is playing the new War mode on his custom server right now. It looks pretty cool to be able to practice gunplay without the wait.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

This just raises more questions. If he glitches underground, then how did he get a vehicle kill?!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

No Safe Word posted:

That sounds boss.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

cyanidewolf posted:

This just raises more questions. If he glitches underground, then how did he get a vehicle kill?!

Well the video shows them glitching underground by way of the vehicle.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

No Safe Word posted:

smaller initial circle visible from airplane, triple armor spawn rate, sounds good actually. The twitter/steam comments are all super salty about miramar, I have not seen the mad gamer archetype this mad in a while.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

mcvey posted:

I hope 'seeing the first circle' pre-drop doesn't make it live.

I actually kind of like it.

Old Binsby posted:

smaller initial circle visible from airplane, triple armor spawn rate, sounds good actually. The twitter/steam comments are all super salty about miramar, I have not seen the mad gamer archetype this mad in a while.

I felt worried too until I actually read the description and saw the smaller initial circle part.

VulgarandStupid posted:

A teammate said there was no way to get airdrop crate. I proved him wrong.

https://streamable.com/f1m2o

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Capt. Morgan posted:

Shroud is playing the new War mode on his custom server right now. It looks pretty cool to be able to practice gunplay without the wait.

This looks excellent from a practice perspective. How do you get in on this?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

The Wonder Weapon posted:

This looks excellent from a practice perspective. How do you get in on this?

being a streamer with a decent following is the only way as of right now I believe

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

mcvey posted:

I agree 100%. Part of what makes the game so fun is where you drop and that initial run to get to the circle. One of the most memorable games I ever had involved me dropping at the Observatory, the first circle appeared with Yasnaya in the middle. I grabbed a buggy and booked it across the map, I managed to grab 1 kill and an air drop on my way there. I camped Yasnaya for awhile and then made my way to the new center of the circle which was like North / North West of where I was. I found another Air Drop with a Ghilli suit in it and I managed to grab 3 kills with the Ghilli suit before dying at 3.

The one benefit is that will serve to funnel players into the initial area making shorter games, it will also give you the choice of dropping outside of the circle and running in or jump to the middle and fight.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mcvey posted:

I think it would be OK on Mirimar, because its too loving big. It doesn't make sense on the other two maps, especially Savage, though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think it would be OK on Mirimar, because its too loving big. It doesn't make sense on the other two maps, especially Savage, though.

The new shotgun event mode is on Miramar and has a smaller circle and it shows pre-drop. Also it's all level three gear.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It really kind of seems like they're trying to push Miramar as the game's new "main" map. 2 out of the 3 event modes so far have been on it and the map rotation seems weighted heavily towards Miramar. I don't like it.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
For a mode that is shotguns only, Miramar makes more sense to have it on since the terrain is more varied

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Stealthgerbil posted:

Go play a few thousand hours of CS:GO. Not even joking.

CSGO develops all of the essential skills to get good at FPSes and its a very punishing game. Plus the skill ceiling is insane, I have a few thousand hours in CSGO and I still get poo poo on by dudes when I play ESEA.

I'd say the holy trinity of "learn the some FPS" is CS, Quake, and the UT instagib. All three have impossible skill ceilings and curves and require much better FPS fundamentals than anything else out there to prevent having your poo poo pushed in something fierce. Plus the communities have some really brutal players in them.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I'd say the Stalker series is a good trainer for pubg, as not only does it feature a few guns i've only ever seen in those games (vss, groza) it also features bullet travel/drop and a degree of broken jankiness that is essential to the pubg experience.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I agree 100%. Part of what makes the game so fun is where you drop and that initial run to get to the circle. One of the most memorable games I ever had involved me dropping at the Observatory, the first circle appeared with Yasnaya in the middle. I grabbed a buggy and booked it across the map, I managed to grab 1 kill and an air drop on my way there. I camped Yasnaya for awhile and then made my way to the new center of the circle which was like North / North West of where I was. I found another Air Drop with a Ghilli suit in it and I managed to grab 3 kills with the Ghilli suit before dying at 3.

The one benefit is that will serve to funnel players into the initial area making shorter games, it will also give you the choice of dropping outside of the circle and running in or jump to the middle and fight.

I feel like more often than not what actually happens in that situation is you spend an inordinate amount of time traveling. Especially if the next circle happens to also drop on the far side from your current position. Exacerbated even more if, vehicle-wise, you have bad luck and/or miss your chance.

Tangentially, what would be the gameplay effects of having a circle that was constantly closing but that you could always out-walk or maybe out-crouchrun?

Shannow posted:

I'd say the Stalker series is a good trainer for pubg, as not only does it feature a few guns i've only ever seen in those games (vss, groza) it also features bullet travel/drop and a degree of broken jankiness that is essential to the pubg experience.

When I played Stalker the VSS and it's close variant (forget what it was called) were my favorite guns in the game. Not so much in PUBG :(

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 6, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Stealthgerbil posted:

Go play a few thousand hours of CS:GO. Not even joking.

CSGO develops all of the essential skills to get good at FPSes and its a very punishing game. Plus the skill ceiling is insane, I have a few thousand hours in CSGO and I still get poo poo on by dudes when I play ESEA.

It has all the skills, sure, but new players die so quickly that you spend 90% of your time on the killscreen. Playing like overwatch or something is a lot more practice/min than CSGO, at least at the start.

Or just jump as soon as you can and cut your teeth in the Thunderdome

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It has all the skills, sure, but new players die so quickly that you spend 90% of your time on the killscreen. Playing like overwatch or something is a lot more practice/min than CSGO, at least at the start.

That's why you play DM not casual or MM, find a good FFA DM community server.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

MF_James posted:

That's why you play DM not casual or MM, find a good FFA DM community server.

Really any FPS which is focused on just DM'ing and is also pretty fast is going to learn you to "click on mans while not getting clicked on" much better than dicking around. Largely because you are forced to always be clicking while always being clicked on.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Arkangelus posted:

When I played Stalker the VSS and it's close variant (forget what it was called) were my favorite guns in the game. Not so much in PUBG :(

That'd be the unscoped AS VAL you're referring to.
I will always take the vss in pubg and it's served me well, especially once you learn how to use its rangefinder for long distance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6em4cn/vss_scope_zeroing_and_ranging_guide/

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hop on some aim_map in CS for relentless practice

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Harminoff posted:

What brand and does it require a driver suite?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

MysteriousStranger posted:

What brand and does it require a driver suite?

It's this keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017K1A64Q/

With a Logitech g500 mouse.

Keyboard is plug and play. Seems to only happen in this game and fortnight which I guess makes sense as they are both in ue.

I'll check out windows error log and try another keyboard to see if that's why.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the new mode has no healing or chokes and half the time there are not even shotguns spawning only boxes of 30 random ammo and useless attachments

1 star

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Harminoff posted:

It's this keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017K1A64Q/

With a Logitech g500 mouse.

Keyboard is plug and play. Seems to only happen in this game and fortnight which I guess makes sense as they are both in ue.

I'll check out windows error log and try another keyboard to see if that's why.

What is that mouse default DPI setting? If it's something "OK" rip the logitech driver software out and then try it. Some games and setups are extremely finicky with drivers causing issues for no real reason, stripping the driver out should make it better. If that fails (and I'm assuming you've already tried nvidia driver reinstalls and game reinstalls) issue might be with the hardware, I'd swap out with spares and see if it still happens. "Borrow" a poo poo mouse and keyboard from work or buy from amazon to test and return right after.

Logitech, steelseries, razer, et all make great stuff but they do need drivers and this has been causing problems since forever.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

New mode owns, especially when the circle ends a giant field and you just see teams jumping up and down looking at other teams

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'd say the holy trinity of "learn the some FPS" is CS, Quake, and the UT instagib. All three have impossible skill ceilings and curves and require much better FPS fundamentals than anything else out there to prevent having your poo poo pushed in something fierce. Plus the communities have some really brutal players in them.

UT instagib? Look at this noob! :hellyeah:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Harminoff posted:

A quick google gave me this as a solution to a problem that sounds similar https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/26743-solved-lagspikes-when-holding-down-buttons/. The problem and fix originated in a SC2 forum so also seem to cross over games.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
whoo man that is a stinker of a new event

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, you'd think they'd fix shotguns before doing something like this.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it seems like it's just 3x shotguns and melee, not shotguns and melee only, so there's still a chance of finding an AR possibly (which would be loving hilarious)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

Played this 3 times. The first two times no meds spawned, making it an exercise in trying to maintain cover (no gas spawned either so whatever you had in your truck was what you got). Third time tons and tons of meds spawned so a Los Leones drop became a real grind.

No attachments other than the shotgun loops spawned though, making it an extremely close in match. If chokes spawned you might be able to kill people from more than 3 feet out, as it was if you had a match with meds you just ran away from every fight because any shot barely chunked you. If AR suppressors or sights or compensators or extended mags spawned the Saiga might be worth taking.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Elman posted:

The event is so that they force tons of data in order to fix the shotguns :ssh:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The best weapon in the shotgun event is a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Mash posted:

The best weapon in the shotgun event is a car

Yep, those shmucks that stand still trying to kill me with a piddly shotgun as I bear down on them with a ton of steel don't stand a chance.