Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was wondering where Batman’s goggles went but then I read your post in the other thread.

What's the other thread? Am I missing out on Justice League/Congo talk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

UmOk posted:

What's the other thread? Am I missing out on Justice League/Congo talk?

Nothing that exciting. It’s from the Comic Book Movie Megathread.

Robot Style posted:

Fun fact - we had to digitally replace Batman's head in this shot, since originally it had him wearing his goggles up on his head for the first time rather than covering his eyes.

During reshoots he didn't wear them at all, so in the final film they just sort of disappear at an arbitrary point.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Also all we see of his bedmate are her back and limbs.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i think bvs undermines itself and really alienates superman from humanity in a negative way because of that scene where he gets into the bath with lois with his clothes on

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Farg posted:

i think bvs undermines itself and really alienates superman from humanity in a negative way because of that scene where he gets into the bath with lois with his clothes on

Wouldn't it be the opposite since lois is humanity's tether to Clark? Besides his mom of course.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

No, I agree with forums poster Farg: willingly subjugating yourself to being covered in soaking wet clothing is alien as gently caress, and frankly upon further examination of this, Luthor was right.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Farg posted:

This is a huge step down from the scene in Congo where Dylan Walsh gets a leech on his dick that he has to burn off with Ernie Hudson's cigar, thereby masterfully humanizing both characters in one minute flat.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
On the one hand I see your point, on the other hand if Amy Adams is naked in a bath and wants you to join her, you don't waste time taking your clothes off

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
From the opposite end, if I'm in a bath and Henry Cavill is standing over me with flowers, my main thought is on him getting into that tub with me, we can figure out the mechanics of it as it happens but for the most part yeah get in the tub.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah but if memory serves it was a button down and had long sleeves which is even more hosed up.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He's Superman. He could rip off his pants so fast.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Ya'll are dweebs that would rob us of this.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
No time to think, Clark! Gotta save Lois! from chronic thirst

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

To be honest I can respect Affleck's level of lazyness during the reshoots.Straight up not giving a gently caress and probably drunk.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

hump day bitches! posted:

To be honest I can respect Affleck's level of lazyness during the reshoots.Straight up not giving a gently caress and probably drunk.

In that sense he's the perfect avatar of the film itself.

It's a pity, because he really is a great Batman in BvS. That growled speech about the lessons their parents taught them is equal parts charismatic badass and mumbling crazy person.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ynohtna posted:

No time to think, Clark! Gotta save Lois! from chronic thirst

Joss Whedon: "The character seen in Man of Steel and BvS is totally the person that would tell his mom this girl he met is the thirstiest woman ever."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Drunk Affleck loving up Whedon's film is the best gift.

I hope he's gotten better. Batman kinda hosed him as that's all anyone cared about when he was marketing Live by Night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Neo Rasa posted:

Joss Whedon: "The character seen in Man of Steel and BvS is totally the person that would tell his mom this girl he met is the thirstiest woman ever."

She thirsty AF fam! #superman

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I kind of feel for Ben as he really seemed to care and wanted to play a superhero but he just gets shat on. He was great in BvS but he took it personally and you can see how little poo poo he gave during all those interviews where even his cast mates were like “Dude.” He was quietly warning us all in any way he could that JL was a disaster after WB and Whedon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gatts posted:

I kind of feel for Ben as he really seemed to care and wanted to play a superhero but he just gets shat on. He was great in BvS but he took it personally and you can see how little poo poo he gave during all those interviews where even his cast mates were like “Dude.” He was quietly warning us all in any way he could that JL was a disaster after WB and Whedon.

A few years from now when Marvel and/or Sony inevitably does a new Spider-Man movie he should play Uncle Ben.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

A few years from now when Marvel and/or Sony inevitably does a new Spider-Man movie he should play Uncle Ben.

Close. If rather Joe Pesci play Uncle Ben opposite Tomei. Ben Affleck can play Richard Parker and Matt Damon can be Mary Parker and it can be progressive. Bonus points if Ben and Matt play up thick Boston accents.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gatts posted:

Close. If rather Joe Pesci play Uncle Ben opposite Tomei. Ben Affleck can play Richard Parker and Matt Damon can be Mary Parker and it can be progressive. Bonus points if Ben and Matt play up thick Boston accents.

This will never work now that Fred Gwynne is no longer alive to play the Red Skull.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

This will never work now that Fred Gwynne is no longer alive to play the Red Skull.

Hahaha that would have been fantastic.

“Excuse me? What did you say, in my secret lair?”
We said gently caress yah motha, my boy here is schmart as fahk!”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Of the tier of non-Adam West Batmans, Ben in BvS is the top. He is impassioned, mad, terrified, and fully broke brains and channeling that into something that as presented is almost an emissary of dark divinities come for their tribute.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

There was a big article on Affleck in like Variety or Deadline or something back when the “Sad Affleck” meme hit, and if was a profile on how he has this hypersensitivity about his legitimacy in Hollywood. And I’m retrospect it’s kind of sad because he went through Daredevil and Gigli and all that poo poo, but found his footing directing (winning an Oscar no less), only to backslide again because of BvS and JL. And to be clear: I think he’s a great Batman. But I don’t think it’s insane to say he hasn’t had the best platform to shine on. It sucks that JL is so irredeemable that his days in the role are pretty much all but numbered. I suppose some people would question why he took another superhero role after Daredevil, but I always think back to what George Clooney said: when you get the chance to be Batman, you be Batman.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It would be a shame to replace him with Gyllenhall or someone. I laughed out loud when Fatman was revealed and gladly ate crow about it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Listening to the RLM commentary track and found out from them that it turns out even though wonder woman was praised so much, it only barely beat suicide squad.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yeah, SS was hot for a fat minute

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Listening to the RLM commentary track and found out from them that it turns out even though wonder woman was praised so much, it only barely beat suicide squad.

Suicide Squad both found an audience and was like ten thousand times better a movie than Justice League. IIRC there was an article mentioning how going by the demographics of who was watching it it did really well in part due to its diverse cast and the movie absolutely found an audience. I mean it did a little better than Man of Steel.

Though at least with Suicide Squad isn't Warner Bros. being slightly less stupid, like aren't they doing both a sequel to it and a stand alone Harley Quinn movie or something?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This is the look of a man who's forgotten to return his Redbox dvd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Suicide Squad was a combination of a good release date - the last big movie of the summer, so it had multiple weeks of open season at the box office (the way Black Panther basically had nothing to counter it for like a month and a half and Ready Player One has zero direct competition until Infinity War comes out), and the diversity of the cast and the marketing making focused penetration into those diverse markets repped by the cast (Will Smith was pitched as the lead to black audiences, Joker/Harley was the pitch to women, Katana was played up for Asian audiences, etc.) got these majorly underrepresented audiences to show up. And once they showed up, and saw that the movie actually had things for these minority characters to do, they went back, again and again.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

"Alright, some Native representation from Hollywood - and in a superhero movie! Okay, so he's a villain, but I'm sure he'll get some laugh lines or a great dramatic--"
*Slipknot punches out a woman for calling him out as a rapist and later dies as soon as the mission starts after attempting to flee, while everyone else gets to somewhat bond and hear each other out*
"--...yaaay...."

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Suicide Squad’s marketing was also leaps and bounds better than the rest of the DCEU crop. It started pretty shaky with the initial Comic-Con trailer, but the second the Bohemian Rhapsody spot dropped they had pretty much laser targeted their opening weekend audience.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Space Fish posted:

"Alright, some Native representation from Hollywood - and in a superhero movie! Okay, so he's a villain, but I'm sure he'll get some laugh lines or a great dramatic--"
*Slipknot punches out a woman for calling him out as a rapist and later dies as soon as the mission starts after attempting to flee, while everyone else gets to somewhat bond and hear each other out*
"--...yaaay...."

The Native American character is killed first by the US Government as an example to the rest.

Violator
May 15, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Native American character is killed first by the US Government as an example to the rest.

drat.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There are jokes in Suicide Squad, but they're not jokes about how the CIA is cool.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
My fav criticism of Suicide Squad is that Jared Leto's Joker is too self-conscious about his Jokering.

Yeah, the guy who wears the clown make-up and stupid clothing is not known for posturing...gimme a break. I honestly think they don't like that he actually cares about Harley and isn't doing the Men Going Their Own Way shtick

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I firmly believe he was great in what was filmed. The problem is, they never gave us his lower less intense moments. I don't believe he didn't have quiet moments to punctuate whatever it is he's doing in what we see. He's just an 11 nonstop in the current cut.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's fine, I don't really care about The Joker's inner life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Tenzarin posted:

Good God what is wrong with this timeline in that Suicide Squad beat Justice League? I am a big suspender of disbelief and really capable of turning off my brain for super hero movies, but my wife and me nearly walked out of that trash fire.