Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah both Crash and Spyro were great when they were dine by Naughty Dog and Insomniac but they didn't hang onto the IP and the next gen bad sequels were made that dragged both series down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hell yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that one of the spyro ps2 games was supposed to be this really big goofy series finale and then it just kinda got crapped out 1/3 finished

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nobody in their right mind would have cared about Crash 6: Bandicoot Boogaloo or Spyro 7: The Dragon's Dilemma; the original trilogies is where it's at.

Now if they don't gently caress it up, they could make new games and people would probably be interested in buying a new Crash or Spyro from the fellas that did those well loved remasters.

I want Spyro right now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I do in fact care about Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSvXm5RHcx4

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

September is gonna be a baller month for games. DQ11, Spyro, tomb raider and insomniac spider-man so far.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No matter where Spyro goes in the future there's always going to be a super small yet strangely vocal subset of fans who are going to want his dragon girlfriend from the PS2 Era to make the jump with him.

It's like the same thing with Krystal from Star Fox.

They are very passionate about Cynder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Keeping games available over platform changes is an inherent good to me, so I only have an issue with remasters when they blow like silent hill HD. Even something like skyrim annoying people is kinda weird to me tbh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah def, but it gets weird with stuff like Dark Souls remastered on PC being a paid upgrade to a game they never actually bothered to fix in the first place.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh yeah, the way devs handle "remasters" on PC can be incredibly weird. I think with bulletstorm they just put up the lovely duke dlc and jacked the price up to new release level.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Convex posted:

I'm about 16 hours into Dark Souls 3 an it's fun and looks good but it doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as the first one. At the cathedral with the huge smashy fist guys. Does it get better sometime soon? I got obsessed with the metroidy world in DS1 but never rated DS2 enough to finish it.

DS3 is a turd. The first two are great but not the third. It's the only DS game I played once and I even had to force myself to continue with that play through. Nothing about that game grabbed my interest. I too liked the world in the first game and DS3 is quite linear.

Enough with my probably controversial opinion.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

Yeah def, but it gets weird with stuff like Dark Souls remastered on PC being a paid upgrade to a game they never actually bothered to fix in the first place.

Day 1 baby lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If a PC port is done well it never needs a remaster, but there are many very bad PC ports.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
All Dark Souls games are really good games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk why the Dark Souls remaster exists

I guess it'd be cool to have the portable version on switch

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nina posted:

They're all seriously flawed games that get specific things right that other, more polished but far less adventurous games constantly gently caress up, making them the only game in town for those purposes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

idk why the Dark Souls remaster exists

Because Namco can't seem to live without the Souls series no matter what.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should remaster Ridge Racer Type 4 instead

e: and demons souls

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Dark Souls is really jittery on consoles performance-wise so I'm glad the remaster is a thing for people who don't play on the PC or who just want it on the Switch. I'd rather Demon's Souls get totally remade though because it's the jankest

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nina posted:

https://youtu.be/ZqjcEodJ2FE

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I hate you for reminding me about that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I am so glad everybody gets to talk about Dark Souls again because I don't think I've yet gotten a exhaustive opinion on the series from all 39 people who still post on this forum. It's getting up there, but there's always room for more spicy hot takes and personal rankings.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What we should be discussing is our personal rankings of all 19 Atelier games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbOVTQnbAA

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

What we should be discussing is our personal rankings of all 19 Atelier games.

I've only played four to completion but it's E&L>>>>Iris 2>Iris 1>>Iris 3

L&S is looking to sit between the good Irises. Maybe above Iris 2 if the story goes cool places.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I am so glad everybody gets to talk about Dark Souls again because I don't think I've yet gotten a exhaustive opinion on the series from all 39 people who still post on this forum. It's getting up there, but there's always room for more spicy hot takes and personal rankings.

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*blows the hot take horn*

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A first look at Spyro Trilogy's music (you know what i mean)

Dark Hollows remastered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvL3wBOElk

dude got it from the pre-ordered theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBzjox4eoUE

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

The hottest take I have on tap is that Nier Automata is a bad game buoyed by good music and sexy character designs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

My favorite Soulslike is Knack

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

In Training posted:

The Metroid games suck

cheetah7071 posted:

The hottest take I have on tap is that Nier Automata is a bad game

Also this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Put the Dusk trilogy on steam you cowards

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I offer no hot takes, only cold hard truths.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I offer no hot takes, only cold hard truths.

wow, what a hot take

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

http://animal-crossing.com/videos/

So the animal crossing part of Nintendo's website is horribly broken and filled with "placeholder text goes here", lorem ipsum and switch trailers in the video feed. News is also similarly broken.

:tinfoil:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

crusader kings 2 is free for a little bit. as in you can get it for free and own it forever

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My hot take on Dark Souls is that I played 1 and 3 and Bloodborne for a bit but they didn't hold my interest and Monster Hunter has better combat.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

My hot take on Dark Souls is that I played 1 and 3 and Bloodborne for a bit but they didn't hold my interest and Monster Hunter has better combat.

Monster Hunter needs to hurry the hell up and come out on PC, and with a mouse interface / controls at least as good as DS3's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

http://animal-crossing.com/videos/

So the animal crossing part of Nintendo's website is horribly broken and filled with "placeholder text goes here", lorem ipsum and switch trailers in the video feed. News is also similarly broken.

:tinfoil:
Ah, so the terrible secret of Animal Crossing is that the web page isn't maintained.

• Locked thread