Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

Apparently Finau's ankle is ok, -3 through 9!

I would fuckin' love it if this guy goes from potentially destroying his ankle to like a top 10 finish or even a win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Troy Queef posted:

oh great, my Least Favorite Golfer is charging up the leaderboard

(I'll leave it to you to figure it out who he is)

Yeah gently caress Bernd Wiesberger

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

That was the most painful thing I've ever seen. RIP Sergio. 6 in the water on 15.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
:rip: Sergio

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Jesus Sergio

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

prayers up to kameh

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

runoverbobby posted:

Yeah gently caress Bernd Wiesberger

wrong, that man has the Augusta food menu on his 60-degree this week and thus is automatically good

it's Zach Johnson, who combines wearing a NASCAR-esque amount of sponsors on his gear with being a Bible-thumper

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

DJExile posted:

prayers up to kameh

I can't even be mad. What on Earth is happening?!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

Something about put his 10th stroke in the water at 15 !

edit: he made a 13 on the par 5.....

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kameh posted:

He miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he make!

Finau moves to 3 under. On one hand I'm rooting for him because goddamn that ankle was gruesome, on the other hand I still say he's an idiot lol

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 5, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Suprfli6 posted:

He miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he miss, he make!

and then he birdied 16, because of course

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Suprfli6 posted:

He may miss 12 times in a row, but you will NEVER see him miss 13 times in a row.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Troy Queef posted:

and then he birdied 16, because of course

Yes nice bounce back!

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Sergio NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'll take a +1 today for Tiger. The last time he won he finished +2 after the 1st round.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
drat, I missed Kevin Costner.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Lyle!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Ragnar Hendrikus Stensonsson! :sweden:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23042026/sergio-garcia-puts-five-balls-water-shoots-record-tying-13

Jesus Sergio, take a different club and hit the ball farther past the hole jesus.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

mattfl posted:

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23042026/sergio-garcia-puts-five-balls-water-shoots-record-tying-13

Jesus Sergio, take a different club and hit the ball farther past the hole jesus.
Yeah that was the most bewildering part. He was consistent literally to a fault. Just club up or aim somewhere else

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

shyduck posted:

Yeah that was the most bewildering part. He was consistent literally to a fault. Just club up or aim somewhere else

Every single shot he hit landed hole high, like after the first 2, swing a little hard or something christ.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

mattfl posted:

Every single shot he hit landed hole high, like after the first 2, swing a little hard or something christ.

Or switch to a longer club and take some off it to bring the spin down. He hit the same iron every time didn't he? Unless he blasts it over the green entirely it was pretty obvious he was gonna rip it back off.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Am I odd for not like Patrick Reed?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Am I odd for not like Patrick Reed?

Nah he comes off as an rear end to a lot of people. I respect what he did against Rory in that match but I don't ever root for him in regular tournaments.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

Or switch to a longer club and take some off it to bring the spin down. He hit the same iron every time didn't he? Unless he blasts it over the green entirely it was pretty obvious he was gonna rip it back off.

Same iron, same exact shot everytime...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

Same iron, same exact shot everytime...

Definition of insanity.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gotta love an entire group bogeying the last hole.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Yeah, I'm not a golfer, but I think after the second one in the drink I'd say, hmm, maybe I'll try something different this time.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Everyone drawing the ball around the corner on 13 so DJ hits a high fade over all the trees on the left, yep.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Sergio just auditioning for Tin Cup 2

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Every drive by Phil I've seen today looks like it's launching real low, wonder if that's intentional.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Phil Matt and Rickie just showing off

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kucher, Fowler, and Phil is probably the most fun group out there right now.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Really looks like Kuch is away based on that camera angle but he's playing last, wow that is deceptive.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:toot: Let's go, lefty :corsair:!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

:toot: Let's go, lefty :corsair:!

Phil’s been watching Bubba with that tee shot lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus Jordan

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

wait a moment, wasn't Jordan Spieth supposed to be bad and terrible because he's planning a wedding and thus not focused on his game?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I just can't get over how well the biggest names are all playing right now. Even if Tiger wasn't playing, this would've been one of the strongest opening rounds in a long time.

e: well except Sergio lol

sorry Kameh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Patrick "Fatrick" Reed in good position after the first round.

• Locked thread