Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hello, friends. Welcome to a tradition unlike any other. It's the

http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

Phil Mickelson won a WGC event a month ago, Justin Thomas seeks to cement his place among the top echelon of players with a 2nd straight major, and Rory McIlroy as he will for the next 30 years is looking to complete the career slam.

But all of that doesn't matter because Tiger "I'm 42-years-old and was ranked 1,199 in December" Woods is gonna win, y'all.

Air Times (ET)
Wed: ESPN 3-5pm (Par 3 contest)
Thu/Fri: ESPN 3-7:30pm
Sat: CBS 3-7pm
Sun: CBS 2-7pm

There's also a shitload of online coverage including coverage of the range starting Monday. If you won't be in front of a TV, WatchESPN and the Masters app have streaming.

Marquee Tee Times (Thursday/Friday ET)
10:09AM/1:05PM: Hideki Matsuyama, Patton Kizzire, Paul Casey
10:42AM/1:27PM: Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
10:53AM/1:38PM: Sergio Garcia, Justin Thomas, Doc Redman (a)
11:04AM/1:49PM: Bubba Watson, Henrik Stenson, Jason Day
1:27PM/10:31AM: Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar
1:38PM/10:42AM: Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm
1:49PM/10:53AM: Jordan Spieth, Alex Noren, Louis Oosthuizen
2:00PM/11:04AM: Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafael Cabrera-Bello

Odds (Ladbrokes as of 9pm ET Sunday)
Rory McIlroy 10/1
Dustin Johnson 11/1
Justin Thomas 11/1
Jordan Spieth 11/1
Tiger Woods 12/1
Justin Rose 14/1
Bubba Watson 16/1
Jason Day 18/1
Phil Mickelson 18/1
Jon Rahm 20/1
Rickie Fowler 20/1

Betting Pool
Pick an available player who isn't one of the top 10 betting favorites. Best finisher gets a dozen balls or :20bux: from everyone else.

Josh Lyman: Matt "Skechers-Wearing Dad" Kuchar
Kameh: Paul "Popeye" Casey
Dr. Capco: Tommy "Head & Shoulders" Fleetwood
Halo14: Marc "Did you know his wife was in a coma?" Leishman
mattfl: Henrik "The Ice Man" Stenson
torgeaux: Jason "Duf Daddy" Dufner
DJExile: Ian "Ryder Cup Special" Poulter
shyduck: Hideki “That loving Pause” Matsuyama
Shrapnig: Patrick "Nike Athlete" Reed
Douchebag: Kevin "Skoal" Kisner
Keyser_Soze: Kevin "Don't Call Me Nurse" Chappell
mdemone: Angel "The Duck" Cabrera

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O R I C K Y F O W L E R

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O R I C K Y F O W L E R
It took Sergio 22 top 10s in majors before he won. Rickie has only had 8. Still a long way to go for him.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Lyman I swear to God. I called Tiger, then you go and pull the rug from underneath me.

Paul Casey.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Lyman I swear to God. I called Tiger, then you go and pull the rug from underneath me.

Paul Casey.
I mean, I removed my Phil pick from eligibility too.

Betting favorites is probably the best way to eliminate obvious picks.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I'll take Tommy Fleetwood, he's gonna take this poo poo and parlay it into a head and shoulder's endorsement. Book it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Marc Leishman for me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

It took Sergio 22 top 10s in majors before he won. Rickie has only had 8. Still a long way to go for him.

Ain't care, gimme Rickie

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

DJExile posted:

Ain't care, gimme Rickie

You realize he'd have to shoot back to back 60s on Thurs/Fri to have a chance, right?

Watching the finals of the Drive Chip and Putt, Ricky was definitely the most common answer to the "Who's your favorite pro" question which I still find hard to believe. I'm starting to wonder if they just cherry pick all the kids who say that to push their pro Ricky agenda.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 2, 2018

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Damnit Bubba, I love it that you're on a tear right now, but your win last week put you in the top 10 :(

Gimme the steely eyed Swede!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Dr. Capco posted:

I'll take Tommy Fleetwood, he's gonna take this poo poo and parlay it into a head and shoulder's endorsement. Book it.

I don't know if this guy classifies as a dark horse because his first and only Masters was last year (missed cut), but he was my 2nd choice. He's been on fire the last 12 months.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

You realize he'd have to shoot back to back 60s on Thurs/Fri to have a chance, right?

Watching the finals of the Drive Chip and Putt, Ricky was definitely the most common answer to the "Who's your favorite pro" question which I still find hard to believe. I'm starting to wonder if they just cherry pick all the kids who say that to push their pro Ricky agenda.

He's gonna :frogc00l:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Pick with your heart, I say. Give me Dufner.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Man it's loving Masters week!@$#!!@#

My manager's last day was last week so all this week and for the foreseeable future(until they give me the job) we have no manager here. That means I'll be watching any and all coverage sitting at my desk at work all week, gently caress yeah!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I have a PGA Live subscription, I wonder if that's the best thing to watch at work using my phone or if there's a Masters or CBS version that's better for this specific tournament.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I get why people complain about golf on TV, but I love it. Such a relaxing way to chill out on the couch on a Saturday afternoon. My gf will be watching her first Masters this year. Good times.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

I have a PGA Live subscription, I wonder if that's the best thing to watch at work using my phone or if there's a Masters or CBS version that's better for this specific tournament.

Grab the Masters app, it's usually the best option for streaming and CBS's website.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the Masters app was really good last year as i recall

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

Ain't care, gimme Rickie
Rickie is a top 10 betting favorite, you cannot pick him. :colbert:

Ian Poulter is at 66/1 so he's available to pick if anyone wants him.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 2, 2018

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I mean, if this is the list you're going by

Rory McIlroy 10/1
Dustin Johnson 11/1
Justin Thomas 11/1
Jordan Spieth 11/1
Tiger Woods 12/1
Justin Rose 14/1
Bubba Watson 16/1
Jason Day 18/1
Phil Mickelson 18/1
Jon Rahm 20/1
Rickie Fowler 20/1

Rickie is technically 11 :)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Paul Casey.
There's a certain Spaniard who's 33/1 ;)

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

There's a certain Spaniard who's 33/1 ;)

Sergio is a win/win for me at this point. If he wins the betting pool, then I feel good about how well he did. If Paul Casey wins the betting pool, then I got stacks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

oh poo poo whoops

sure, gently caress it. I'll take Poulter

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Masters on the Range is streaming right now on Masters.com

I love how technical they get with swing analysis, more than anything you'll see on the Golf Channel or even Youtube.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

mattfl posted:

Grab the Masters app, it's usually the best option for streaming and CBS's website.

Thanks. It's the #1 trending app on the Apple Store atm, get innnn

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hell yessssss range coverage :getin:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

El Tigre is in the house

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Can't it just be thursday already!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

This guy showed up to Augusta National with his clubs because he thought his practice round badge was a "practice round" badge. What a legend.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s adorable.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'll take Hideki Matsuyama

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kameh posted:

This guy showed up to Augusta National with his clubs because he thought his practice round badge was a "practice round" badge. What a legend.

please don't doxx me

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'll take Patrick Reed.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kameh posted:

Oh sweet summer child.

Tiger chipped in from across a green while practicing today and got more of a gallery reaction than many guys do in actual tournament rounds. I'm so glad he's playing again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

also lmao at the nicknames in the betting pool

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Made my first ever trip to The Masters this morning, and it was better than I could have imagined. The course is more beautiful than you see on TV. We got to see Bubba, Rickie, Rory, Vijay, Phil and a few others practicing, and saw Tiger on the practice tee (I have a shot facing Tiger I’ll post when I get home). Also as chef some of the guys skipping the ball which got huge reactions. Also spent way too much at the store, but when the hell will I ever get the chance to come again

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So Directv sent out an email with the following info

Thursday, April 5 and Friday, April 6 – “Amen Corner,” Holes 11, 12 and 13 at 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET (DIRECTV Channel 105), Holes 15 and 16 at 11 a.m. – 6:45 p.m. ET (DIRECTV Channel 106).
Saturday, April 7 and Sunday, April 8 – “Amen Corner,” Holes 11, 12 and 13 at 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. ET (DIRECTV Channel 105), Holes 15 and 16 at 1

They are loving airing this in 4K this year. I'm still holding onto my 1080p samsung plasma but this might push me over the edge to finally buy a 4k TV damnit.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I’ll take Kevin Kisner.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

I'll take Patrick Reed.

Cool, don't bring him back :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Kameh posted:

This can't be real, please tell me it's real.

• Locked thread