Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like on what planet does a parent support a son who willfully does not find work in the wonderful 70’s economy and just spends his days loving around eating and doing nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like if I told my parents that they would’ve told me to get the gently caress out of the house before I finished the sentence

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jackie's an absolute delight though. Funniest character by far

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just started watching Archer season 8. Is it gonna stay in Archer's dream for the bulk of the season? I'm not sure how invested I can be in the story and characters when I'm just waiting for Archer to wake up and get back to the actual story and characters

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He stays in the dream all season and this upcoming season is a new dream sequence.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are they doing this

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Calaveron posted:

Jackie's an absolute delight though. Funniest character by far

Jackie is da bomb.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Because Archer is dead and these are his last firing neurons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why are they doing this

Because they ran out of ideas the season before the Vice one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yup, Archer's been crappy for a while.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

I just watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious and that show seems great.

Thank you for sharing, I was looking for something new to watch that my parents would like too, and this is right up our alley.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Calaveron posted:

Is blonde Donna the biggest misstep in television history

Second only to Felicity in bad TV hair decisions.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHbt_kSkG8

It seems not very good and 100% TBS trying to ride the Rick & Morty wave but man the art is pretty nice.

That... doesn't seem like Rick and Morty at all

Whatever happened to that show the Regular Show guy was doing? Did that already happen and get cancelled? I saw promo stuff for it for what felt like a year, then nothing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

18 million people sure didn't have a problem with it!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Batman Begins on Syfy and someone really screwed with their settings because it is seriously playing at like 1.5x speed.

That's so they can fit in more commercials.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Now I want to hear Christian Bale yell "SWEAR TO ME!" In a comically high pitch.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Are people psyched for Killing Eve this Sunday?

It stars Sandra Oh, and it's written by Pheobe Waller-Briggs (writer and star of Fleabag). Also it looks pretty funny, though the poster they're using to advertise it seems aggressively 90's.

Anyway, I'm really excited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's cool that Archer Season 8 was basically a way for the team to work through their grief for Woodhouse's voice actor, but I didn't think it was very funny or interesting.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Because they ran out of ideas the season before the Vice one.

I came to the show late but yeah it really lost a lot of charm when they hosed with the premise of the agency.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Maxwell Lord posted:

That's so they can fit in more commercials.

American Dad on TBS does this too and its super noticable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheLastKingdom/status/981550279559704576

Hell yeah, Last Kingdom owns. I actually like it much better than Vikings. Vikings just never clicked with me, it should be extremely my poo poo but for whatever reason I just could never get into it. If you watch Vikings, Last Kingdom could be considered sort of a sequel, as it features the generation immediately following the one from Vikings, and some of the sons of Ragnar show up from time to time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The funny thing is that Alfred just became king on Vikings as well. So they are close to overlapping.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

The funny thing is that Alfred just became king on Vikings as well. So they are close to overlapping.

Whoa huge ninth century spoiler

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Are people psyched for Killing Eve this Sunday?

It stars Sandra Oh, and it's written by Pheobe Waller-Briggs (writer and star of Fleabag). Also it looks pretty funny, though the poster they're using to advertise it seems aggressively 90's.

Anyway, I'm really excited.

I never much cared for her on Grey's but that might have just been the character.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

American Dad on TBS does this too and its super noticable.

A while back a local station tried doing this with Frasier reruns and everyone noticed because the character's voices were notably higher pitched.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Literally no one is asking for this

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/981954898039197697

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I don't know; the amount of Tolkien fans who were crying out for The Silmarillion to be adapted are probably happy

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Assuming that they're giving Pete sufficient prep time and don't do things like insist on a pointless love triangle/stretch out slim source material/try to directly tie it into the film trilogy, the series should be great!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rather see Wheel of Time or a way better Dresden Files but whatever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

Rather see Wheel of Time or a way better Dresden Files but whatever.

Wheel of Time has been picked up by Sony iirc and has been in pre production the past couple years. At any rate the TV rights have been sorted out and it's probably getting made for realsies this time.

But yeah I'd rather see a different series adapted than more LotR, especially because it's going to be near impossible to beat the casting the movies had.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Black Company would be good too. I mean there are a lot of fantasy series that would work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jackson got dragged kicking and screaming into making The Hobbit, does he really want to spend another five years loving around in Middle Earth?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Jackson got dragged kicking and screaming into making The Hobbit, does he really want to spend another five years loving around in Middle Earth?

What else is he up to?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

What else is he up to?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I feel like The Great and Secret Show would make an incredible TV show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matt Zerella posted:

I feel like The Great and Secret Show would make an incredible TV show.

I've felt the same way about Lock & Key but it's got two failed pilots now.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Timby posted:

About that; the headline’s a little click-baity. If you read the article, he’s not actually signed, but his lawyer did help connect the Tolkien estate to Amazon, and the door’s open if he wants to step through it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Is there a public figure for 5 seasons of Game of Thrones?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I bet he'll have a producer credit, but I doubt he'll be working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hell, I'm fer it.

Better have goddamn Tom Bombadil in it though