Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i sure hope so but am waiting for our cadre of elite goon lawyers

evilweasel_signal.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Feinne posted:

He ALSO just gave a massively racist show in his hometown which dovetailed with loving with God-King Hogg to send him packing.

ahh ok that makes more sense then

Still I'm surprise that Twitter did anything

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

moostaffa posted:

With all this Pruitt news coming out, plus CNN's reporting that Trump wants him to replace Sessions, isn't it probable that someone is leaking all of it because they *really* don't want Pruitt in charge of DoJ? Or is it just that they don't want to lose Sessions?

It’s Porter, because his ex worked at the EPA and she was the one who leaked info about his past spousal abuse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RiggenBlaque posted:

Trump's lawyers:

This is funnier than you wanted it to be because he only has two lawyers left and can't find anyone else willing to take him as a client.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/jimrutenberg/status/982005593635356672

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:getin:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Uh-oh, spadoody-os.

(This is absolute bullshit)

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
For anyone who wants to see Mike Pence get hosed:

:discourse:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/982005748350595072

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/whnt/status/981850277077815296?s=20

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/981924803392061440?s=20

Trump train

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Holy crap

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Feinne posted:

I feel like he himself claimed to have a recording that would vindicate him that it was both not that racist and that everyone totes loved it so it couldn't have been bad but I'm not sure where that would be.

I did some googling and read a bit about it. Hopefully that will come up in someone's report on him.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Tenik posted:

In other words, trump has publicly declared that he is not DD, which means that he does not have a legally valid NDA with Stormy. This means that

1) When Cohen paid Stormy, that money was an undocumented campaign contribution.
2) EC LLC, the company used to facilitate the payoff, was formed for the sole purpose of violating federal election law.
3) Since trump is not DD, he has no legal rights to bring Stormy into confidential arbitration.
4) Stormy is free to publish anything she wants, because she has no legal NDA binding her.
5) Cohen is going to be very, very busy the next few months (hopefully years) and will likely not have time to defend trump from anything Mueller related, even if he wanted to.

Do I have that right?

Not quite.

He didn't say he wasn't DD, and actually in court filings his lawyers have effectively said he is in ways that can't be walked back.

What he said is that he didn't know about the money and didn't pay it. Which (I believe) means that there is no possible way for the contact to be binding on him because the only way he wouldn't know would be if he never even read the drat thing much less signed it because a payment of $130k is there plain as day.

That is a loving gigantic problem because his agreeing to release his claims against Stormy is a cornerstone of the settlement. Without Trump releasing those claims the settlement was never actually completed, and there is no agreement at all.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Just get some loving Fabreeze

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's hard to have a contract if one party claims to know nothing about it and didn't even sign it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ah, so thats what happened to my posts

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Scipiotik posted:

It's hard to have a contract if one party claims to know nothing about it and didn't even sign it.

And contrary to what some believe you can't just lie in public while telling a court something different.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ahahaha

quote:

the poo already in transit got moved to Parrish, where there are no zoning laws to prevent the waste from being stored.

Good thing they don't have any of those liberal Big Government environmental laws oppressing our patriotic corporations!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

axeil posted:

evilweasel_signal.png

This should be in the OP or something.

For reference: \/\/\/\/\/\/

Tenik posted:

In other words, trump has publicly declared that he is not DD, which means that he does not have a legally valid NDA with Stormy. This means that

1) When Cohen paid Stormy, that money was an undocumented campaign contribution.
2) EC LLC, the company used to facilitate the payoff, was formed for the sole purpose of violating federal election law.
3) Since trump is not DD, he has no legal rights to bring Stormy into confidential arbitration.
4) Stormy is free to publish anything she wants, because she has no legal NDA binding her.
5) Cohen is going to be very, very busy the next few months (hopefully years) and will likely not have time to defend trump from anything Mueller related, even if he wanted to.

Do I have that right?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ewstephe/status/982006384295333889

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FuturePastNow posted:

DJT Jr. was following someone named Rapin' Bill

Just wondering what he meant by this:

It is a mystery.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Scipiotik posted:

I know very little about agency law, but I believe that's not always the case. But it might be the case here!

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"The Load"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Scipiotik posted:

It's not crazy for a third party to negotiate a contract with Trump as a beneficiary, but it's hard to reconcile how he can agree to release claims against Stormy without being part of the contract.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Tenik posted:

Do I have that right?

Pretty much. Cohen better have some friends at the New York State Bar Association, because lawyers get disbarred for less.

And I'm not sure Cohen has ever actually defended Trump. I've been trying to find info on his record as an attorney and it doesn't look like he actually tries cases. Maybe a lawyer Goon knows a better place to look, but his specialty is personal injury so I get the impression he's Trump's first responder. He sends out the threats and if something actually had to go to trial, there are better lawyers Trump pays doesn't pay.

There's also some grumblings about his links to Russia. How the gently caress does everyone have poo poo going on in Russia?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Oh my God, I know this guy from when he was an editorial writer/editor for our college newspaper and I had to work with him for a while. This was a long time ago but he was the embodiment of playing devil's advocate for lulz and concern trolling coupled with "I am libertarian, not conservative."

Just my two cents but he is not a sincere person imo.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

And I'm not sure Cohen has ever actually defended Trump. I've been trying to find info on his record as an attorney and it doesn't look like he actually tries cases. Maybe a lawyer Goon knows a better place to look, but his specialty is personal injury so I get the impression he's Trump's first responder. He sends out the threats and if something actually had to go to trial, there are better lawyers Trump pays doesn't pay.

I think there's no question that Cohen's only job is to make things go away, unlike say Kasowitz, who does some actual litigation, and the proper actually-competent firms that've defended him in some of the larger civil suits.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Blindeye posted:

Oh my God, I know this guy from when he was an editorial writer/editor for our college newspaper and I had to work with him for a while. This was a long time ago but he was the embodiment of playing devil's advocate for lulz and concern trolling coupled with "I am libertarian, not conservative."

Chapo had him on as a guest I think once, and pretty much destroyed him. But it also frustrated them enough that they kinda decided ideologically opposed guests do not make for good podcast.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

twice burned ice posted:

For anyone who wants to see Mike Pence get hosed:

i mean, i do like ponies

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

Not quite.

He didn't say he wasn't DD, and actually in court filings his lawyers have effectively said he is in ways that can't be walked back.

What he said is that he didn't know about the money and didn't pay it. Which (I believe) means that there is no possible way for the contact to be binding on him because the only way he wouldn't know would be if he never even read the drat thing much less signed it because a payment of $130k is there plain as day.

That is a loving gigantic problem because his agreeing to release his claims against Stormy is a cornerstone of the settlement. Without Trump releasing those claims the settlement was never actually completed, and there is no agreement at all.

:bisonyes:

this is the sort of thing i was hoping for

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blindeye posted:

i dislike his haircut

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
I found it!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tayter Swift posted:

Thread's moving fast today.

One of the most influential white supremacists on Twitter during the 2016 was just doxxed to gently caress by Paul Nehlen

https://twitter.com/elspethreeve/status/981954363290718208?s=21

This means Paul Nehlen has done more to fight right wing extremist propaganda than Paul Ryan. :v:
(Because he wasn't enough of a militant Nazi, but still...)

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who is this fucktard?

Click on their twitter profile you lazy rear end.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

selec posted:

Chapo had him on as a guest I think once, and pretty much destroyed him. But it also frustrated them enough that they kinda decided ideologically opposed guests do not make for good podcast.

Was he the wasted tradcath?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This guy seems like a total shithead BUT

I am really loving surprised Twitter did anything at all about that, I've seen hundreds of people post far worse poo poo without anything happening to them

this guy's mistake was admitting he didn't have sponsors or backing

I've been reporting this motherfucker for months now. He's an insane racist. It's kinda crazy that it took him offending Hogg to be banned. It fits though – twitter seems to be consistent on banning due to attacking a specific individual instead of a racial group, which is infuriating to me.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Oxxidation posted:

i dislike his haircut

His old style was surfer dude hair but that smug grin was always there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/982008934604165120

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Evil Fluffy posted:

This means Paul Nehlen has done more to fight right wing extremist propaganda than Paul Ryan. :v:
(Because he wasn't enough of a militant Nazi, but still...)

Nehlen has been banned from Gab.

For friendly fire.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ekeog posted:

It's not crazy for a third party to negotiate a contract with Trump as a beneficiary, but it's hard to reconcile how he can agree to release claims against Stormy without being part of the contract.

What does it mean "to release claims against Stormy"? What claims might he have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

RiggenBlaque posted:

Trump's lawyers:

We will
we will
rock you!

• Locked thread