Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lady your whole relationship is virtual, how is this the final straw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Chaosfirev posted:

I've been gone for 7000 posts, what did I miss?

Big Boss is cucking some dude

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Patrick Spens posted:

me (37f) with my husband (35m) of 3 years. He said some incredibly hurtful things in front of our friends. He was drunk and comparing me to a pro female MMA fighter.

Start suplexing people.

Lol this dude rocks. I hope he drops the literal sack of lard he calls a wife and gonna up with an alpha female that he deserves.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Caganer posted:

to be fair he didn't tell her not to gently caress his cousin - how was she supposed to know every little thing that would upset him? :shrug:

I [30F] lost my ex [38F] to a VR headset (self.relationship_advice)

I don't care about pronoun stuff, but this OPs use of they made it really weird to keep track of how many people are in the story.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Lol this dude rocks. I hope he drops the literal sack of lard he calls a wife and gonna up with an alpha female that he deserves.

read this in a hulk hogan voice

Boyfriend(26M) hacked into my (21F) social media account.

quote:

I’ve been dating this guy for about 7 months now and this week he has been staying with me. Yesterday I told him I would be home late and when I came home he asked me about work, I told him I wasn’t at work and went out. I told him I went on a walk with a classmate (male) and went to dinner. I previously went to the arcade bar with the same classmate and I told him about it. The next morning I get an email saying my account had been logged into. I asked my boyfriend about it since the geolocation was in the same place he worked at. When I asked him about it he denied it. When he got home and I further questioned him about it and he admitted he had done logged in. He also said he found out my password by paying attention to me when I logged in other times. The purpose of him logging in was to figure out who I had went out with that night. The problem I have is my previous relationship was with an abusive partner that never gave me any privacy or respected my boundaries. The previous boyfriend would always log into my accounts and even impersonated me on my accounts. I have insecurities and trust issues from that incident and have told my new boyfriend about it. I am hurt that he did this knowing my past. How should I move on with him or is there even a point? Thank you all!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Caganer posted:

plumb done logged in

Anyway, your boyfriend is bad and should not have snooped on you, but you're literally going out on dates with a classmate so you also are a trash idiot and I don't know what the gently caress you expected

The guy shoulda just broken up with her

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Caganer posted:

r/relationships: he admitted he had done logged in 

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ride The Gravitron posted:

"Deserves" is an interesting word, we have no evidence that he's such a prize himself. What heartfelt ambitions is he fulfilling, besides being super good at cruelty?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

So the husband is definitely a giant loving rear end in a top hat but that woman also sounds like she needs to work on herself. She's apparently lost her custody battle with her ex explicitly because of her lack of work ethic. She also described her profession as "BoPo blogger and part time barrista".

Not Edit: She also just closed the thread while fighting about "science" in the comments.
She's one of those HAES dipshits so the husbands lovely attitude makes a hell of a lot more sense than it did just reading the story. Shocker she's not a reliable narrator (because she's living in a fantasy)

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Blade Runner posted:

plumb done logged in

Anyway, your boyfriend is bad and should not have snooped on you, but you're literally going out on dates with a classmate so you also are a trash idiot and I don't know what the gently caress you expected

The guy shoulda just broken up with her

to be fair if she was using a password manager which stores a unique 20+ character password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols, he'd have never been able to shoulder surf - you just copy and paste, no typing.

maybe she subconsciously wants to be spied on, and this manifests through poor security practices? how was her BF supposed to know she values her privacy when she's sending all these signals she doesn't?

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Caganer posted:

to be fair he didn't tell her not to gently caress his cousin - how was she supposed to know every little thing that would upset him? :shrug:

I [30F] lost my ex [38F] to a VR headset (self.relationship_advice)

The future is now.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Caganer posted:

to be fair if she was using a password manager which stores a unique 20+ character password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols, he'd have never been able to shoulder surf - you just copy and paste, no typing.

maybe she subconsciously wants to be spied on, and this manifests through poor security practices? how was her BF supposed to know she values her privacy when she's sending all these signals she doesn't?

2FA is abuse

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Scathach posted:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Blade Runner posted:

2FA is abuse

:golfclap:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Like to go on long walks with my bffs, snag dinner, head back to their place for some netflix, and platonically gently caress em.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

Like to go on long walks with my bffs, snag dinner, head back to their place for some netflix, and platonically gently caress em.

I mean this goes into the whole emotional affair thing but yeah, p. much

If you do "I'm not touching you" but with cheating on your partner, eventually your finger will slip but it's a dong, directly inside of the person you are cheating with, and then you'll be screaming like an idiot on Reddit claiming it "Just happened" and you're not a bad person when actually you extremely are

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pick posted:

Handsome people are , on the whole , fuckasses and I don’t like them

They're good for having sex with actually. And also for showing off the fact that you're having sex with them

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Scathach posted:

I third this

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Me [30F] with my siblings [26M/24F]. They just "came out" as having an incestuous relationship for the last year. What now?

quote:

So, yeah, as the title says, my siblings just "came out" with their relationship of a year. I have no idea how this started. The three of us have always been close, but I never suspected they were this close. And, frankly, it makes me sick to even think about.

I haven't talked to them since they told me. They said that they're not going to stop and that I'm just going to have to live with it. gently caress that. I'm not going to pretend that this is normal or healthy.

So... What now? What do I do? I love my siblings, I really do, but this is just wrong.

I'm thinking about perhaps talking to them one-on-one and try to ferret out what the details about how this started and such. But I don't know if that's a good idea.

I can't stand for this.

tl;dr: My siblings are in a relationship with each other. What do I do?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [30F] with my siblings [26M/24F]. They just "came out" as having an incestuous relationship for the last year. What now?

Just wait for them to get murdered and take the crown.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Barudak posted:

Just wait for them to get murdered and take the crown.

sounds like you want to be slain by a pussy ghost

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Kill your father while he is taking a poo poo. Become an advisor to a rival matriarch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:lofty:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

The new Crusader Kings game sounds... different...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Different?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gay Muslim horse caliphate

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Warmachine posted:

The new Crusader Kings game sounds... different...

have you ever played crusader kings, because this sounds pretty normal

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

what is it with loving sex offenders co opting the language of kink? over in the dan schneider thread we've got some rear end in a top hat whining about "minor attracted persons", over in here the pervo wonder twins are "coming out". what's next? a rant about how when I called Ted Bundy a monster in PYF i was kinkshaming him for his murder fetish? :argh:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Perverts destroy society so there’s that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And have victim complexes

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Scathach posted:

Reported for thread title change :c00lbert:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Metal Gear derails are the best derails, I still remember my hilarious theory that Hugh is in fact Huey

It's the franchise that turns the nerds gay

Pick posted:

Gay Muslim horse caliphate

isn't that the new my little pony

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The central conflict of the franchise is literally that everyone is gay for big boss

Also The Boss, who's like if Captain America was a woman and also David Bowie

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

The central conflict of the franchise is literally that everyone is gay for big boss

Yeah, its really weird too how Avengers 3 ends wth bucky having to shoot Cap in the face.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Inescapable Duck posted:

at one point at work iraqi kurdistan came up (before syrian civil war made it relatively common knowledge) and someone was like how did you know all that and i spun some bullshit about reading a lot of wikipedia came up because saying "i learned it from my game tapes" would have been a Career Limiting Move

Pick posted:

And have victim complexes

you can't have a victim complex if you aren't actually a victim

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

La Brea Carpet posted:

Twist: OP wants to be the one having the incestuous relationship

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Lady your whole relationship is virtual, how is this the final straw.

How the gently caress is she cool with real life sexual partners, but bent out of shape about VR dalliances? What the gently caress, Canada, you can keep this one.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
This isn't as spicy as incest but I found it in r/yoga and it's amusing me.

My wife is not thrilled with my yoga practice

quote:

My wife started yoga about 4 years ago and I just recently started doing it. My main driver was I still love hiking and running but at 40 and working a desk job 11 hours a day my mobility was terrible. I was constantly sore and fatigued after exercise. I also wanted something besides beer or wine to deal with work and life stress.

My wife recommended yoga and was supportive at first, but as I really got into it she became luke warm and then downright hostile towards it. I can get her being uncomfortable with me at a studio, but even at home if I'm doing it she'll have something snarky to say. It's to the point where I only do it when she's not home. I don't go to a studio often, once a week, it's typically at a studio near my commuter train so we can't do it together. I would like to go more and get really into it but she isn't going to be supportive?

Anyone deal with this particular situation? How'd you deal with it?

The comments are very disparaging of r/relationships for some reason I can't fathom

quote:

So let me get this right. Your wife does yoga, then after years you finally join, she supports you at first and then becomes hostile because you like doing yoga? I'm thinking we haven't got the whole story here...

Edit: This would be better suited in a sub like r/relationships

quote:

The relationships Reddit is a bit toxic after taking a look. We've spoken about this, she assures me she doesn't care and supports me, but her actions say otherwise.

quote:

Oh yeah, /r/relationships is a hell hole. Don't go there.

As someone who was once new to yoga, I wonder if he turned into one of those people who's really obnoxious and evangelical about it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Metal Gear derails are the best derails, I still remember my hilarious theory that Hugh is in fact Huey

It's the franchise that turns the nerds gay

isn't that the new my little pony

It also makes nerds jump through incredibly hilarious hoops to say that nothing is gay about it.

Look, for a Russian, a kiss from a dude is an INSULT, Ocelot is not still super gay for Big Boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

She's one of those HAES dipshits so the husbands lovely attitude makes a hell of a lot more sense than it did just reading the story. Shocker she's not a reliable narrator (because she's living in a fantasy)

HAES people writing long stories about the sick owns everyone is constantly laying down on them all the time brings back memories of the Tumblr mock threads