Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Zootopia is barely two years old. Getting impatient and indigent that they haven't made a sequel yet is loving bizarre and actively rooting for the worst parts of Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

glam rock hamhock posted:

Zootopia is barely two years old. Getting impatient and indigent that they haven't made a sequel yet is loving bizarre and actively rooting for the worst parts of Disney.

I mean just look at Wreck-It-Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet, that's going to turn out so well - okay, nevermind, couldn't keep a straight face, sorry.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

Consumerism has ruined us.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really hope Zootopia 2 just looks at another angle of prejudice and builds on the first theme instead of dismantling it or raising the stakes per se for no real reason.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

21 Muns posted:

Ideally it'd be more like a "Judy joins the CIA" thing? Maybe she could do some spy movie shenanigans where she has an action scene in a reptile country, a bird country, an insect country, etc, until she finally uncovers some kind of conspiracy to turn animals against each other again (maybe perpetrated by fish in revenge for their being the acceptable animal everyone is allowed to eat? :colbert:)

I feel like the whole "staging a coup to plunge a democratic state into ethnic violence" thing was kinda covered as much as a kid's move is gonna do it in 1

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Pick posted:

I really hope Zootopia 2 just looks at another angle of prejudice and builds on the first theme instead of dismantling it or raising the stakes per se for no real reason.

This is a great idea.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Huh, that FLCL thing was real.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Huh, that FLCL thing was real.

i'm very annoyed that i missed it.

but hey, at least i got to see tonight's april fools hijinks, the fantastic... *checks notes*

weird australian rick and morty thing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The best Adult Swim April Fools thing is when they hyped it up and then did gently caress all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DC Murderverse posted:

i'm very annoyed that i missed it.

but hey, at least i got to see tonight's april fools hijinks, the fantastic... *checks notes*

weird australian rick and morty thing

They kinda blew their load on Toonami's joke this year, yeah.

Which was a very good joke.

Also, I thought FLCL was pretty alright. A good setup.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

LeJackal posted:

I also blame capitalism for the lack of merchandise.

That one sounds like it's not capitalism so much as incompetent executives who don't know how to do capitalism properly.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Cockmaster posted:

That one sounds like it's not capitalism so much as incompetent executives who don't know how to do capitalism properly.

I also detest incompetence.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Isao Takahata has died. :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Noooooooooooooooo

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
:smith:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
There is exactly one funny gag in Ferdinand:

"I'm Uno!"
"I'm Dos!"
"And I'm Quatro!"
"What happened to Tres?"
<gasp><cross themselves and bow heads>
"We do not speak of Tres."

My god, what a piece of poo poo. Who the gently caress casts John Cena as a Spanish bull?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Uhhh Disney, you ok?

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/983089438287855616

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m going to ask my friend who’s the director of social media for Disney in the UK, cos... yeah.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
That's the best thing Disney's done since Hercules.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I was laughing my rear end at this, that was so...unexpected.

Oh my god, he directed Heidi? :( Aw, poo poo.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Already deleted, what did it say?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Already deleted, what did it say?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Ha ha, what the gently caress.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I did ask my Disney social media friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sure love multibillion dollar corporations pretending to be relatable about anxiety when most of our anxiety is a symptom of the capitalist systems that allow them to thrive.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Y'all realize that corporate social media isn't the monolithic Company somehow gaining sapience, it's just some goon at their office that they pay to make Twitter jokes, right?

Like, when this kind of thing happens I just assume the staffer got bored and decided to toe the line a bit.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Y'all realize that corporate social media isn't the monolithic Company somehow gaining sapience, it's just some goon at their office that they pay to make Twitter jokes, right?

Like, when this kind of thing happens I just assume the staffer got bored and decided to toe the line a bit.

Okay so listen I like what you're saying but that's exactly the opposite meaning of toe the line.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bob Iger himself made that tweet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lol

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Sorry Disney you're not Moonpie, you don't get to joke about being a husk of a person.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Okay so listen I like what you're saying but that's exactly the opposite meaning of toe the line.

Yeah this is absolutely someone whose salary could sustain a whole community telling their unpaid intern to think of something to cater to those drat millennials before leaving early to go golfing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just bought this storyboard pencil of Esmeralda being extremely, and I mean extremely, freaking rude in Quasimodo's house.

I even like her but come on. Have some class.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Hot.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty sure getting a job at Disney specifically involves subsuming your will into that of the Collective

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yes and "toe the line" means specifically to submit to authority and drink the flavorade. Not "subvert an order."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yes and "toe the line" means specifically to submit to authority and drink the flavorade. Not "subvert an order."

That's tow the line, not toe the line. Different expression.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's tow the line, not toe the line. Different expression.

No, he has it right and "tow the line" is simply not a thing.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

You've got it backwards, LOB. Though I've never heard or read the idiom of "Tow the Line" until some Google search, but you wrote it as "toe" which is the "obey authority" version. As someone who's had to literally toe the line, it's especially meaningful when some instructor dizzies you then punishes your platoon for being unable to stand still in a kill zone.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
To be fair a lot of people understand "toe the line" as "test the boundaries," as in "feel out the line with your toe to see how far you can go without going too far." It's kinda weird but I imagine it's another one of those things that will become an accepted definition in a decade or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

To be fair a lot of people understand "toe the line" as "test the boundaries," as in "feel out the line with your toe to see how far you can go without going too far."

Uhh, no they don't.