Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

I'm trying to find Japanese foil Moms and Karakases for a reasonable price right now. It's not easy.

I don't know why I'm putting so much effort money into an unplayable deck in a format I've quit for the foreseeable future, but here we are.

I thought about getting Judge Ports because I'm pretty sure I'll never get Japanese foil Ports. I still might. Kinda wish I hadn't sold the one I had in my cube.

I think my last purchases are going to foil Caverns when they reprint them next and whatever's left in the sideboard. I thought about getting the original foil moms, but I like the new art and they were significantly cheaper as well. I got 2 invocation Containment Priests just to mess with people there :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Thisuck posted:

I think my last purchases are going to foil Caverns when they reprint them next and whatever's left in the sideboard. I thought about getting the original foil moms, but I like the new art and they were significantly cheaper as well. I got 2 invocation Containment Priests just to mess with people there :v:

I thought about getting them but ugh that frame and font and everything else about them too.

I bet they cost less than Japanese Containment Priests, at least. Not that anyone in the world has them for sale anyway.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

I thought about getting them but ugh that frame and font and everything else about them too.

I bet they cost less than Japanese Containment Priests, at least. Not that anyone in the world has them for sale anyway.

Yeah, I got them just to make people miserable honestly, I'm not a fan of the frame nor the font, but I feel like my opponent's dissatisfaction with them will boaster my spirits. This is also why I run 9 different plains.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Thisuck posted:

Your mismatched basics have me tilted.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

EvilBeard posted:

for you, I will play only mismatched revised basics

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Hauki posted:

I did this until unstable came out. Those are just too pretty to pass up.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

AkumaHokoru posted:

i was moving into norin sisters. i would change 1 norin to a squee maybe 2 and 2

Cut two of my 1 Mana main engine enablers for a 3 Mana card I'd have to potentially recast every turn :thunk:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I did this until unstable came out. Those are just too pretty to pass up.

But unstable are terrible

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

ShaneB posted:

They are great... because they pushed down the price of actually nice full art lands (In my subjective opinion)

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hauki posted:

It's ok, I'll just ghost quarter the ones I don't like.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ShaneB posted:

weren't you playing with them just the other night?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stangg posted:

They are great... because they pushed down the price of actually nice full art lands (In my subjective opinion)

They're great because now I can play mismatched, but also sort of matched full art lands (all different art, but John Avon).

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Hauki posted:

weren't you playing with them just the other night?

Yes I hate them. It was self-loathing

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

EvilBeard posted:

Bam, my record is already 1-0

EvilBeard posted:

It's ok, I'll just ghost quarter the ones I don't like.

Good thing I run a ton of basic lands.... different art basic lands :smuggo:

Edit: What are ya'll playing for Legacy this weekend?

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 5, 2018

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Thisuck posted:

Bam, my record is already 1-0

Good thing I run a ton of basic lands.... different art basic lands :smuggo:

Don't worry, I'll get them all, I got all the time in the world.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

suicidesteve posted:

Ok but is it sLeeve playable?

Either way it's sweet.

this one has so far generally been regarded as the best card in the deck (which is only ~50% done, but this will be hard to top)

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Thisuck posted:

I'm bringing Lands and Grixis Delver, just so I can waffle until the last possible second. I'm still new to Lands but I played Aggro Loam for a long time, and I don't want to play an entire day of Delver mirrors.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So I've been double sleeving my modern deck up as I get the cards in. I'm using the dragon shield copper sleeves, which for some reason I thought were matte but aren't.

The cards are pretty bulky as a result. To the point that when I pull them out of the box they actually squish slightly, for lack of a better term. Like if I put pressure on one side the other end starts to spread out. Did I do a bad job with the sleeving and get a bunch of air stuck in them or something? Or is that just how they normally feel?

Also, the sleeves are unbelievably slick. It makes it kind of awkward pulling them out as they effectively slip out unless I squeeze them pretty tightly, and then they feel like they're bending due to the squishing. Which doesn't seem ideal, at least they shuffle well though!

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Yeah that's just air trapped in when you double sleeve, i usually press down on my cards a bit with my hand or a heavy book. Also yeah the copper color is one of the originals. They're not matted and are super slick, but they have a tendency to attract dust and black crud as you use them. They're still durable as hell though.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Just mash shuffle your deck for 20 minutes while you watch TV. try to do it in a manner that would force air toward the opening of the outer sleeve. I did this last night.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Thisuck posted:

Yeah that's just air trapped in when you double sleeve, i usually press down on my cards a bit with my hand or a heavy book. Also yeah the copper color is one of the originals. They're not matted and are super slick, but they have a tendency to attract dust and black crud as you use them. They're still durable as hell though.

Lawnie posted:

Just mash shuffle your deck for 20 minutes while you watch TV. try to do it in a manner that would force air toward the opening of the outer sleeve. I did this last night.

Thanks for the tips! I was hoping it was something like this, otherwise man double sleeving would be a pain in the rear end

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I just squash them every time I take them out of being squashed into a deckbox just big enough to fit them when squashed (add some extra tokens if it's too big). After a few days of this the air is down to a minimum.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yo who is all in Seattle? my wife, for SOME REASON, would rather hang out with her friends instead of watch me play Magic: the Gathering for 10 hours

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yo who is all in Seattle? my wife, for SOME REASON, would rather hang out with her friends instead of watch me play Magic: the Gathering for 10 hours

:sever:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Thisuck posted:

What is the current list for that deck? I want to build a fun semi-casual one for a multiplayer type environment vs my casual friends.

Hey Steve, this is mine.

Not as bling as yours but it's still pretty and it's mine :D

not as bling as mine my rear end mine is modern sisters. automatically less bling also my list is the super budget list. the list uses some red shocks norin the wary gets bolts in the sideboard some boros charms and some other nasty red things (purphoros, some blood moon maybe in exchange for squadron hawk leonin pridemate and Rangers)

Archenteron posted:

Cut two of my 1 Mana main engine enablers for a 3 Mana card I'd have to potentially recast every turn :thunk:
every card in norinsisters/soulsisters enables the main engine you can get away with less than 4 norin. there's plenty of sisters decks that try to have a mid/late plan squee works in any of those.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I would be playing Lands, but Union Contract negotiations got scheduled for this week and last week.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

AkumaHokoru posted:

not as bling as mine my rear end mine is modern sisters. automatically less bling also my list is the super budget list. the list uses some red shocks norin the wary gets bolts in the sideboard some boros charms and some other nasty red things (purphoros, some blood moon maybe in exchange for squadron hawk leonin pridemate and Rangers)

every card in norinsisters/soulsisters enables the main engine you can get away with less than 4 norin. there's plenty of sisters decks that try to have a mid/late plan squee works in any of those.

I was talking about Steven's D&T deck a few pages back haha. His deck is pretty bling, it has foreign foils in original art :o

Wow purphoros, that didn't even pop into my mind, sounds pretty good.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EvilBeard posted:

I would be playing Lands, but Union Contract negotiations got scheduled for this week and last week.

Get your union to strike in solidarity with magic judges, bing bang boom kill several birds with one stone

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

EvilBeard posted:

You're already scum for playing Lands, but which side of the contract are you on so I know if you're extra scum or just regular variety.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

You're already scum for playing Lands, but which side of the contract are you on so I know if you're extra scum or just regular variety.

Union. Our contract doesn't expire until June, but we're trying to prevent a strike like the one we had in 2009.

Now back on 4x Ghost Quarter and no Ports, plus a Molten Vortex main. This is the general build though.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Just touched down!

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Just touched down!

Just left the venue after losing my trial and getting some some dope rear end signatures.

You've got my number, we'll meet up after the scrubout for beers.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Just played a Bant All The Combos (troll worship vizier druid anafenza viscera seer kitchen finks) deck to a draw after they gained infinite life by just nuking everything they ever cast again (after wiping their board with a Blasphemous Act). It was game 3 so I had to endure a goodly while for a draw.

It was the worst but also the best

e: I was playing Seismic Swans

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Archenteron posted:

Just played a Bant All The Combos (troll worship vizier druid anafenza viscera seer kitchen finks) deck to a draw after they gained infinite life by just nuking everything they ever cast again (after wiping their board with a Blasphemous Act). It was game 3 so I had to endure a goodly while for a draw.

It was the worst but also the best

e: I was playing Seismic Swans

Why didn’t you just lab man victory?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

this one has so far generally been regarded as the best card in the deck (which is only ~50% done, but this will be hard to top)

Amazing

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Is there any chance of Wizards banning DRS? I'm really not enjoying legacy since the BUG core took over.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

frameset posted:

Is there any chance of Wizards banning DRS? I'm really not enjoying legacy since the BUG core took over.

Same. Tuesday legacy is 2/3+ Deathrite and Friday legacy is 2/3 Chalice. I quit until they fix something. It's just not fun.

The people who WotC listens to who don't play the format but still whined about Top love never- ending midrange garbage mirrors, so they all say how a meta built around DRS is good for the game or some such trash.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Mezzanon posted:

Why didn’t you just lab man victory?

Literally didn't see finks/vizier/anafenza until game 3, so I just bought in answers to Worship

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Is this or Brewhaus the appropriate place for me to post my latest shamefully obsolete legacy deck idea for critique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Archenteron posted:

Literally didn't see finks/vizier/anafenza until game 3, so I just bought in answers to Worship

LAB MAN IS AN ANSWER TO WORSHIP