Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Comstar posted:

I missed 200 posts- #auspol says It's On on Monday - Dutton for PM, Bishop for deputy, but these are from 9 hours ago. Nothing on the news sites though?

https://twitter.com/WorldOfMarkyD/status/981068187612545024

#libspill has arguments going both ways, but someone is plotting.

Monday was cancelled, Dutton got in behind Turnbull. anonymous tip off, more like 2GB told to stir the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
If Bishop runs with Dutton it will look really bad for her. I don't believe that at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
You think there's anything Bishop could do which is worse than what she did to those mesothelioma sufferers?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gorilla Salad posted:

You think there's anything Bishop could do which is worse than what she did to those mesothelioma sufferers?

You say that like anyone outside of Auspol has even heard about it

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I work in her electorate and the number of apologists for her shithouse behaviour when it comes to the mesothelioma victims is astounding. They also don't seem to understand why the Nuremberg Defense is generally considered an insufficient excuse.

But, of course, it's even more of a liberal heartland than my parents electorate. I'm actually a little surprised she's one of the more "moderate" Libs considering how conservative the area is...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gorilla Salad posted:

post in this thread

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tithin posted:

Maybe if you lazy aussies got off your arse and took care of your own poo poo, you'd not need foreigners to do work you dicks are too lazy to do

God love you Tash. One day I promise I will find you a munchy box in this country. Also in your honour I actually tried Buckfast s few weeks ago cause of all the times you'd talk about it. It was nasty.

No personal talk: we are apperently doing great at the com games but the public transport network is fuuuuuuuucked.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I will vote for whoever gets Michaelia Cash to confess to her crimes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The greens leakers/faithful are bullying one another off Facebook over Bhathal. :sad:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Make better 3D printers so everyone can manufacture whatever they need or want, including other 3D printers.

Robots do all the work. Recreation time, all the time.

Then we become the lard buckets in Wall-E and die out.

You think Governments will pay people universal basic incomes simply for being citizens of that country?! WE NEED WORKERS, NOT LEANERS! /s

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

The greens leakers/faithful are bullying one another off Facebook over Bhathal. :sad:

Please post screenshots so its easier for me to convince myself not to vote for the greens next election

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

Please post screenshots so its easier for me to convince myself not to vote for the greens next election

I'll ask for some screens. A friend of mine was giving me a blow by blow last night as people we know from uni (who are greens councillors et al) are "taking a break" from fb and there has been a war of unfriendship among greens in the Batman area. I think I know who orchestrated the leak at this point but I can't confirm it (it's a councillor).

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

JBP posted:

But the Greens are a different third party they can't possibly do such things! And because of that, there's no reason to ever even acknowledge the possibility of such things happening and there are no internal struggles in the Greens. Not even in NSW.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

a war of unfriendship
This is a great phrase.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

gucci bane posted:

edit: also this UBI poo poo falls apart when you realize the rich people talking about this will never give enough money to it so it'll effectively create a huge underclass that will likely have no class mobility over generations and will be stuck in UBI hell forever.
So only a little better than what we have now.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I find it very hard to believe Bishop would roll Turnbull.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

I don't discount the likelihood that a Turnbull backer was the one spreading the rumours about Dutton and Bishop in order to force the two of them to pledge allegiance to him and squash the whole thing before next week.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Les Affaires posted:

I don't discount the likelihood that a Turnbull backer was the one spreading the rumours about Dutton and Bishop in order to force the two of them to pledge allegiance to him and squash the whole thing before next week.

nah I think they (should) know that speculating like that will make a spill even more likely, eventually

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
What would Malcolm's threat be in this situation? Kick them out of his cabinet? Ask people for a vote so he can kick his deputy out? They would just say 'I think Malcolm will win the next election and have no plans' until someone who wants a spot in the next cabinet nominates them and if Malcolm tries to retaliate to that then he is out anyway.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 6, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gentleman Baller posted:

What would Malcolm's threat be in this situation? Kick them out of his cabinet? Ask people for a vote so he can kick his deputy out? They would just say 'I think Malcolm will win the next election and have no plans' until someone who wants a spot in the next cabinet nominates them and if Malcolm tries to retaliate to that then he is out anyway.

He can pull his money out of the party and tell all of his mates to as well. The "moderates" are the ones that control the real money flowing into the LNP now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's like day 10 of Donald Trump loving up my ASX gains

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Tough times for the man with the aggressive facial tattoo and rat portfolio.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

You're the reverse Midas.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

CrazyTolradi posted:

You're the reverse Midas.

Can you invest in crypto so it dies? tia.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If you're sick of podcasts where someone interviews a guest and they just listen to that guest talk without interrupting to go into their life story for half an hour, I can highly recommend Knackers and the Vadge.

E: I should point out, though, that I've listened to every episode and will listen to the next one.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Zenithe posted:

Can you invest in crypto so it dies? tia.

I am pretty sure anidav invested in crypto and got a decent return which is how this whole ASX drama started.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Starshark posted:

If you're sick of podcasts where someone interviews a guest and they just listen to that guest talk without interrupting to go into their life story for half an hour, I can highly recommend Knackers and the Vadge.

E: I should point out, though, that I've listened to every episode and will listen to the next one.

I refuse based exclusively on the name and nothing else. Be a better named podcast

e: its literally helen razer, please never post again

e:e: i just now realised you've phrased it as a bad thing

bell jar fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 6, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

GoldStandardConure posted:

I am pretty sure anidav invested in crypto and got a decent return which is how this whole ASX drama started.

This is the most Anidav thing ever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/982081881544974336

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I will be a capitalist.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:cumpolice:

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
ACCC what the gently caress are you smoking

http://www.afr.com/business/telecommunications/accc-recommends-breaking-up-nbn-before-privatisation-20180405-h0yd9f

why sell off the infrastructure in the first loving place you dumb bastards

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Noice

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
The Annerley Taco Bell replaced a Sizzlers, which was a replacement of the old Bonanza steak house. This proves that the recurrent cockroaches-in-food problem is from the site being cursed, not the fault of Sizzlers, and losing Bonanza to a Sizzlers to a Taco Bell is both an excellent premise for an indie Australian film and a wider allegory of the Qld Labor party

E: hello fellow one suburb over from annerley goon

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Agreed, split up and sell off the NBN to fund and build the:

Countrywide
Ultra
Network
Telecommunication
System

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Scarecow posted:

ACCC what the gently caress are you smoking

http://www.afr.com/business/telecommunications/accc-recommends-breaking-up-nbn-before-privatisation-20180405-h0yd9f

why sell off the infrastructure in the first loving place you dumb bastards

They're answering the question they were given, do you expect them to release a loving protest document?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm in Annerley. Come meet me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I live right next to the taco bell

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Goonfight at Taco Bell, 6pm, I'll bash yous all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

I'm in Annerley. Come meet me.

Must be cool living in a KFC.

• Locked thread