Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
What do the betting sites say for Infinity War deaths? See what the closest odds are and make a decision from there.

As much as I'd miss Chris Evans' amazing eye-candy, I can see Iron Man & Captain America both dying and uniting the Avengers against Thanos. Oh, and someone else will die early on.... let's say.... Moe?

Nah, probaby Maria Hill & SHIELD who are probably nuked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/tchallaslegacy/status/980857072517513216

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

What do the betting sites say for Infinity War deaths? See what the closest odds are and make a decision from there.

As much as I'd miss Chris Evans' amazing eye-candy, I can see Iron Man & Captain America both dying and uniting the Avengers against Thanos. Oh, and someone else will die early on.... let's say.... Moe?

Nah, probaby Maria Hill & SHIELD who are probably nuked.

Loki doesn't even make it to the title card, calling it now.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Loki doesn't even make it to the title card, calling it now.

20 min of footage was screened in Brazil. And iirc Loki was not in it. I don't remember even seeing him in the trailer? Or any of the released scenes with the Guardians/Thor?

Then again we haven't seen Valkyrie either iirc and I'd they kill her off I will riot.

Just show me Shuri meeting Tony and Peter please.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There was a shot of Loki with the Tesseract with fallen Asgardians around him.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Taerkar posted:

There was a shot of Loki with the Tesseract with fallen Asgardians around him.

Just about every shot of Thanos has had him with the power and space gems already, so he probably smashes Xandar and the Asgardian refugees in the film's opening. Have to imagine he'll get the reality gem real fast, too, since the other three are all on Earth.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Shuri

Soul Glo posted:

- tony
- cap
- vision
- hawkeye's family
- loki

would not be surprised if thor also gets got

this is what i think happens

next one starts with half of the rest dropping dead af

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
See, I don't see them killing Loki, because I know at least for me I won't even buy it. We've seen him "die" twice now at least. So even if Thanos punches a hole in his chest or something, I'll just kinda wank at it and keep it moving.

I had an out of body experience

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FX has picked up Brian K Vaughan's 'Y the Last Man' for a pilot, after this property has spent years in development hell. One of the greatest comic series of all time, IMO.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/y-last-man-moving-forward-at-fx-pilot-order-1100179

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

SonicRulez posted:

See, I don't see them killing Loki, because I know at least for me I won't even buy it. We've seen him "die" twice now at least. So even if Thanos punches a hole in his chest or something, I'll just kinda wank at it and keep it moving.

I think you get kicked out of the theater if you do that nowadays

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Loki is absolutely going to try to pull some illusionist trickster poo poo in order to escape that's going to be seen through almost immediately before he's killed for real. That's after he saves Thor, Hulk, and a good number of the Asgardian general population and alien allies, possibly through using the Tesseract portal abilities.

I also don't think Thanos destroys Xandar after stealing the stone there. Destroying the world was Ronan's thing as a Kree extremist, not really Thanos' goal.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
They can kill off Loki and bring the character back as a different actor, of course...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Thanos will kill Loki but it'll turn out to be Matt Damon.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AngryBooch posted:

I also don't think Thanos destroys Xandar after stealing the stone there. Destroying the world was Ronan's thing as a Kree extremist, not really Thanos' goal.

I mean, if they're keeping the loving death and wanting to murder half the universe thing I don't think he'd be opposed to destroying xandar and the Nova corps

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fangz posted:

They can kill off Loki and bring the character back as a different actor, of course...

Cat Loki

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would be really disappointed if they killed off Thor, it feels like he's gotten a second wind with the success of Ragnarok and leaning hard into Hemsworth's comedic ability

Steve and Tony are probably done in some capacity between these next two movies, which is really gonna be a bummer even if it's obvious

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fangz posted:

Been kinda skimming past the death speculation so maybe I didn't see someone mention it but they could make Loki a woman.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Carlosologist posted:

I would be really disappointed if they killed off Thor, it feels like he's gotten a second wind with the success of Ragnarok and leaning hard into Hemsworth's comedic ability

Steve and Tony are probably done in some capacity between these next two movies, which is really gonna be a bummer even if it's obvious
Hemsworth seems like he's enjoying himself a lot more since Taika Waikiti got involved with Marvel. He sure made Thor a lot more fun, if nothing else.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hemsworth seems like he's enjoying himself a lot more since Taika Waikiti got involved with Marvel. He sure made Thor a lot more fun, if nothing else.

Hemsworth said outright in an interview that he'd been planning to call it quits on Marvel once the Infinity War movies are done, but Waikiti made him change his mind if they stick with directors like him.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lady Lo--

... this.

Although technically it's Loki as Cat Thor.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 6, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah they're not killing Thor off when the actor is super passionate about the role and the last film was a massive hit.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Sif shows up for ten seconds to explain her replacement by Valkyrie absence in Thor 3 then gets unceremoniously killed off like the Warriors Three did

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As if anyone cared about Sif.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I don't think I've ever seen an orchestra of all black musicians before. I want the recording of that real bad.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
You're going to be disappointed when they sound just like an orchestra of all white musicians, I guess.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Nilbop posted:

You're going to be disappointed when they sound just like an orchestra of all white musicians, I guess.

Like a lot of professions, classical music has problems with racism/sexism and proportional representation. At one point some orchestras started auditioning people behind a curtain to avoid biases but, no joke, women's heels would click on the floors and still give them a lower chance of being hired.

Like I get "omg it's the same thing!!" But it's not really. Representation matters, especially to kids. It's a lot more difficult to pursue your passion when you don't feel welcome or wanted or you constantly feel like the odd person out.

I say this a lot but it's really beneficial for white people to get out their comfort zones and go to places where they're the only white face a couple times. Then remember that that's how a lot of poc feel constantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm thinking we open with the Asgardians being attacked by Thanos forces, Loki realizes its hopless, and does something insanely noble and uses the tesseract and his own spells to shunt the rest off, this is how Thor ends up thumping into the Milano and Hulk into Greenwich Village. Also why we don't see any of the other Asgardians. So Loki then goes to Thanos and offers him the Tesseract and says "this is what you want so you can leave" and Thanos is all sure, and you can go...TO HELL and Loki gets zorked or stabbed or something.

Right off the bat you know the movie isn't going to pull any punches, and you know the characters you loved from Ragnarok are going to be okay.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Koalas March posted:

I say this a lot but it's really beneficial for white people to get out their comfort zones and go to places where they're the only white face a couple times. Then remember that that's how a lot of poc feel constantly.

for real. i’ve had 2 distinct moments of doing exactly this and the emotional discomfort it brought on made a significant impact in broadening my perspective.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

rantmo posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an orchestra of all black musicians before. I want the recording of that real bad.

I messed up by not checking the replies and doing some simple googling but they're the Re-Collective Orchestra and there's a version on Vimeo at a much higher quality

Re-Collective Orchestra - All The Stars

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I could see Drax dying too

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Samuringa posted:

I messed up by not checking the replies and doing some simple googling but they're the Re-Collective Orchestra and there's a version on Vimeo at a much higher quality

Re-Collective Orchestra - All The Stars

That's so cool, thanks for that!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

achillesforever6 posted:

I could see Drax dying too

I would cry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t think any of the Guardians will die, they have a 3rd movie being worked on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet they kill Ant-Man.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SonicRulez posted:

So even if Thanos punches a hole in his chest or something, I'll just kinda wank at it and keep it moving.
Not sure if this is a typo, but that word probably doesn't mean what you think it means.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I intend to disregard Loki's death. I meant to evoke :jerkbag: to show that I am really not gonna take it seriously at all after two fakeouts.

I suppose next time I'll just use the emote, I don't know what I was thinking.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I bet they kill all the characters who already have additional films announced

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
They could kill anyone and bring them back with the power of the gems anyway so I don’t think it really maters who dies or not.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

New Wave Jose posted:

They could kill anyone and bring them back with the power of the gems anyway so I don’t think it really maters who dies or not.

If you want to kill someone off properly have their sacrifice be necessary for bringing everyone else back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Black Widow bites it during Infinity War. She's always struggled to bring anything to the table beyond "is a woman" and "is sexy," so with the growing number of female superheroes in the MCU I wouldn't be surprised if this is where Black Widow checks out.

• Locked thread