Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really love the background art in Megalobox. The rest is good too.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tada-kun was indeed kind of boring, but it was also kind of charming and very pretty, so I'm still open to letting it hook me a little harder.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sindai posted:

I really love the background art in Megalobox. The rest is okay too.

Yeah, it's got some really good art and style going for it

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I was pretty hyped for Gegege no Kitaro and for now, at least, it's living up to my expectations. It's appropriately creepy but still all-ages. I can only hope the good animation lasts beyond the first episode or two.

I teared up a bit when Medama-oyaji mentioned a human named Mizuki saving Kitaro as a baby.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is the most shallow thing I've said in many years, but I can't support Tada-kun because the blondie's straight bangs haircut is just awful. Like no one in the history of the world has ever looked good with bangs like that, why.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnacondaHL posted:

This is the most shallow thing I've said in many years, but I can't support Tada-kun because the blondie's straight bangs haircut is just awful. Like no one in the history of the world has ever looked good with bangs like that, why.
If you mean Kaoru, I think it shouldn't be too hard to find photographic evidence of Mamoru Miyano (Kaoru's VA) rocking a similar hairdo to much success. Then again, when you're that good-looking, you could probably rock a bald head and still look hella handsome.

If you mean Teresa, I also have bad news:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tada-kun was indeed kind of boring, but it was also kind of charming and very pretty, so I'm still open to letting it hook me a little harder.

also, traditional anime cat testicles, so i'll give it to episode three

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Comic Girls is off to a nice start and is eminently GIFable

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

guranzi is enjoyable. a bit heavy on the internal monologues (and they repeat a lot) and some odd cgi, but adult pro sports shows are pretty rare and the business stuff is fun

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Davincie posted:

guranzi is enjoyable. a bit heavy on the internal monologues (and they repeat a lot) and some odd cgi, but adult pro sports shows are pretty rare and the business stuff is fun

I'm not sure the translator is familiar with baseball terminology based off the description provided and some screenshots that I have seen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

probably not, even the title of the show/the catchphrase doesn't make all that much sense. they keep talking about money under the pitch when the show makes it pretty clearly the word they're going for is diamond, not pitch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wouldn't that be pitch in the British sense then?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
"Money under the mound" is closer to what they mean. It was enjoyable though and a nice change of pace from super shounen or super serious sports shows.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

dogsicle posted:

wouldn't that be pitch in the British sense then?

Yes pitch is field in British colloquialism, but it is never used when describing it a baseball field. If this was soccer, I would call it a pitch.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

look at this weak bitch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

someone sounds personally offended

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
:colbert:

the tada kun google image search is mostly full of some blonde chick but I found this other tiny blonde chick in there who looks cool

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my god

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

:colbert:

the tada kun google image search is mostly full of some blonde chick but I found this other tiny blonde chick in there who looks cool

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
lostorage conflated wixoss is a lot of talking about the previous season but it feels like its conjuring up some of the original series' oppressive atmosphere, and it's nice to see the girls form a mystery team again, compared to how the last season had way more solo, introspective focus on chars. and the ending theme has tama doing martial arts and she's really feeling it. BATORU

ep 1 is also literally the 'Missing Link' OVA from last winter, so if anyone was wondering if they need to watch that: you don't

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This was a bad week for my laptop charger to pop and die. I know Jack poo poo about the new season should I know or should I try watching ancient magus bride/ violet evergarden/yuru camp first?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't watch magus bride, read it if you're interested in the series. violet evergarden is kind of a mixed bag so i can't recommend either way, but yurucamp is excellent.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

This was a bad week for my laptop charger to pop and die. I know Jack poo poo about the new season should I know or should I try watching ancient magus bride/ violet evergarden/yuru camp first?

Also consider watching Megalobox.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Megalobox is starting off strong, so are Lupin III 5 and gegege no kitarou 2018.
Feeling extremely good about this season.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

blonde dick

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Megalobox is really cool, and I need to see more of it to pass My Divine Judgement. will watch Episode 2.

I got bored of Magus Bride halfway through despite being really hot on it at the start and I have no interest in going back really so I started Season 2 of March Lion and I love it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still need to watch the last two of Magus Bride, but I don't expect them to change my overall opinion on the show: Writing: Good to Great, Art: Good to Excellent, Animation/Adaptation: Decent to Mediocre.

Especially late in the show, there were a lot of scenes I really liked on paper that just didn't look all that great in motion on screen.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'd recommend watching the first half of Magus Bride and then switching to the manga once you get to the new opening.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
on one hand, first episode of magical girl site definitely leaned too heavily on grimdark and shock value, but on the other hand the ED has cg sperm flying everywhere for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKCbZtpB2iY

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

on one hand, first episode of magical girl site definitely leaned too heavily on grimdark and shock value, but on the other hand the ED has cg sperm flying everywhere for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKCbZtpB2iY

You... were not kidding. :stare:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
A worthy Madoka successor

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Wait, is Mahou Shoujo Ore streaming anywhere in English yet?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hadaka Apron posted:

Wait, is Mahou Shoujo Ore streaming anywhere in English yet?

it should be on CR, the episodes dropped early in the season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Crunchyroll has both Site and Ore but not Hugatto which is the biggest crime

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

dogsicle posted:

it should be on CR, the episodes dropped early in the season

Okay, I was looking for it in search but it didn't show up for some reason, I've found it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The ending to magus bride was good and mostly works, it's just the like six episodes between that and the start of the second cour that ain't great. Overall it is very similar to that Snow White show a year or two ago. Nice but not phenomenal.

Also it made way too many references to what I assume was a suicide attempt that I think takes place in a prequel ova or something.

• Locked thread