Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
So many good games coming out during baseball season. I'll get to them in the cold months I guess. September will be a bitch with Dragon Quest XI and Spider-Man and Spyro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As a comics dork Marvel Ultimate Alliance is the kind of simple mindless fun I can get behind. It feels a lot like Lego Star Wars but with the added joy of beating up obscure F-list villains. I just smacked around Fin Fang Foom and Crimson Dynamo :3:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
fantasy zone gets loving hellish

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am sad that one Marvel online action RPG was shut down. I actually enjoyed that game and liked that it had all of the costumes from the movies.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem with marvel ultimate alliance is that the steam releases of 1 and 2 have really lovely netcode so i can't beat up marvel guys co-op with anyone if i buy them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was reading the Steam user reviews just now and supposedly a patch fixed all of the issues with those ports.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

I said come in! posted:

I was reading the Steam user reviews just now and supposedly a patch fixed all of the issues with those ports.

just came to ask about that. Definitely picking em up now!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV in a long time, not since the previous expansion came out. So my account doesn't have Stormblood. One of the things that really bothered me about FFXIV was the gated content and being forced to go through a lot of group content in order to continue with large portions of the game. Is this still true?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV in a long time, not since the previous expansion came out. So my account doesn't have Stormblood. One of the things that really bothered me about FFXIV was the gated content and being forced to go through a lot of group content in order to continue with large portions of the game. Is this still true?

Yeah Stormblood is basically just Heavensward but more of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5SxC4ZIfY&t=854s

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

The Colonel posted:

fantasy zone gets loving hellish

I looked up someone beating the final boss and I still can't do it.

The 3DS version is so good, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK, possibly stupid question: I just bought Bayonetta on Steam, can I play it with K+M or should I use my controller?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm sure there's the occasional crazy person who uses K+M for character action games, but don't be that person unless you have no choice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dammit i'm going to end up replaying katamari again this year

i'm angry that keita takahashi managed to create one of the world's only perfect video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cvZeVpFSv4

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a question for those who've played Yakuza 0

I'm really not getting the money battle thing with the real estate minigame. I don't get any alerts that it's happening (that I'm aware of) and whenever I buy a property it's instantly taken away by [LEISURE KING] and I'm not sure how to stop it. It's kinda making me want to ignore it all together because I dumped 18M into a place, literally took 5 steps and it was gone and it wants 25M to get it back because I lost a battle that I had no idea even existed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I had no idea you could even lose property once you'd bought it so I'm not sure what's going on.
I thought the property battles only happened when you went to collect your earnings and whoever you have assigned to oversee that area should 'fight' them while you mash buttons to spend money to keep them going.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 6, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurazuka posted:

I had no idea you could even lose property once you'd bought it so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm not sure either, I got the tutorial for it and went "yeah I kinda understand I think". Went out and bought a property and chased some thugs off. Walked back to my office and "you lost the property in a money battle you lose!"

"Oh uh, it didn't say anything or give me a warning, maybe I missed it." Collected my payment thing and did a sidequest. Bought a pachinko parlor and went to check in and was told that I lost the pachinko parlor that I just bought like less than a minute ago in a money battle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You do have a manager assigned to that area right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah, it's just the basic starter dude though if it matters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I had some others by the time I started it so he could just be that rubbish but honestly I've no idea sorry.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's interesting that it said you lost it in a money battle because when that's popped up for me it's been in the real estate office and I had to mash buttons to do it, there was no option to skip.

Maybe your manager is just that crap? :shrug: Ignore the real estate for now and come back to it later if you want to, you'll pick up more managers just by playing the game and you can decide then if you want to try again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
MAKE WAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bq3mkiTbY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Cool.

Now we just need x-men legends 1 and 2 on steam :D

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lawbreakers “failed to find an audience,” dev officially admits FPS defeat
Implies that game won’t receive an end-of-life transition to free-to-play, either.

Rip in pieces Lawbreakers. All *checks steamspy* 10 players are surely heartbroken.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a question for those who've played Yakuza 0

I'm really not getting the money battle thing with the real estate minigame. I don't get any alerts that it's happening (that I'm aware of) and whenever I buy a property it's instantly taken away by [LEISURE KING] and I'm not sure how to stop it. It's kinda making me want to ignore it all together because I dumped 18M into a place, literally took 5 steps and it was gone and it wants 25M to get it back because I lost a battle that I had no idea even existed.

Are you sure it's a Money Battle and not a direct attack on your properties? Money Battles happen when you're investing in a property, back at the HQ, and the King intervenes and you have to button mash to invest money faster than them to keep your properties. Direct attacks(I forgot what they're called) are when a King's lackeys are squatting somewhere near your area and you gotta go there and beat them or they'll mess with your stuff. I don't know if they can take your properties because I never let them stay for long, but that's probably what's happening with you.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I didn't even know you could lose property in Yakuza 0.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just finished Far Cry 5 and all I can say is lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sakurazuka posted:

I just finished Far Cry 5 and all I can say is lol

rip

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Lawbreakers “failed to find an audience,” dev officially admits FPS defeat
Implies that game won’t receive an end-of-life transition to free-to-play, either.

Rip in pieces Lawbreakers. All *checks steamspy* 10 players are surely heartbroken.

Game might have turned out better if CliffyB didn't spend all of his time harassing women on Twitter during the peak development time of the title.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CliffyB thought there was an audience of 5 million other CliffyBs out there, not knowing all his old-school gamer peers had already died of alcoholism + diabetes or were now playing Cooking Mama with their kids.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
got Crusader Kings 2 off that free sale and im terrified. this is a powerful game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ireland is Tutorial Island, I’d start there. It’s pretty safe. Use your chancellor to fabricate claims on your neighbours, and otherwise you can sit back and take things as they come.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marry the youngest smartest woman in Europe you can find.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

quote:

"Fun" is just a buzzword you use when you can't think of any real reasons why a game is good, don't use it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
This sucks. I left work early because I am ill and could now play games all weekend. Except I am too ill to do so because my entire body hurts and I get blurry vision when looking at the movement.

Pro tip: If you don't have kids, don't visit your friends with kids while said kids are in the kindergarden age. You will get all the toddler plagues there are.

Just kidding, I love my goddaugther to bits and the privilege of seeing her every week is well worth it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Expect My Mom posted:

got Crusader Kings 2 off that free sale and im terrified. this is a powerful game.

Marry geniuses, build a dynasty and with luck you may find out you and most of your descendants were bears in disguise all along

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Jay Rust posted:

Ireland is Tutorial Island, I’d start there. It’s pretty safe. Use your chancellor to fabricate claims on your neighbours, and otherwise you can sit back and take things as they come.
this is a cool tip, ty

Rarity posted:

Marry the youngest smartest woman in Europe you can find.
already my plan irl, so we good here

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hopper posted:

This sucks. I left work early because I am ill and could now play games all weekend. Except I am too ill to do so because my entire body hurts and I get blurry vision when looking at the movement.

Pro tip: If you don't have kids, don't visit your friends with kids while said kids are in the kindergarden age. You will get all the toddler plagues there are.

Just kidding, I love my goddaugther to bits and the privilege of seeing her every week is well worth it.

Don't play games when you are sick because next time you try them they'll make you remember how ill you felt at the time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played FF13 while very ill and feel like it worked out perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I played FF13 while very ill and feel like it worked out perfectly

You probably had an easier time connecting with the dream logic of the cast when you were already delirious.

• Locked thread