Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Firing a single shot at a guy to have him poo poo out a castle sucks

People keep saying this, but the number of actual John Wicks is extremely low. Even the number of people who reflex build more than 1 story is extremely low, especially since cross platform became standard. 3-4 wall and stairs is nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

Learn how to build

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I can't remember the last time I felt so accomplished in a game than the time I shot out the bottom level of someone's massive tower and they fell to their death. Didn't get the kill, which sucks, but it was still rad.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I finished all the science nodes in Fortnite. (lets ignore the two vehicles ones, not gonna wait two days to post this)

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/981954071505637379

This is the neares thing to beating Fortnite, so Yay me. I won Fortnite.

Whats next? Do I get to wait for Fortnite 2?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tei posted:

IT tooke them 20 days to solve my vbucks problem. Giving them money now is a gamble for how saturated is their service. They are making money so fast (120 million dollars/month, number pulled from my rear end) that they have problems counting it.

Were you on PC or PS4?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I genuinely have been surprising myself recently with how quickly I can throw up a 3 floor, 2 wide, fully surrounded structures if I have the materials. This coming after about 50 hrs of consistent play. My new poo poo is getting good at edits on the fly and window sniping or making "missile silos" in splode mode

I'm probably really annoying to play against when I'm trying to win lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I killed a team running up a single 15 ramp high ramp. Lmao this is my favorite kill.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

Were you on PC or PS4?

PS4. Why? I dropped money on the Battle Royale on my cousin account so he can play with a skin of his preference. They ended adding the vbucks.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

SettingSun posted:

I think the building is a lot of fun but people who are capable of erecting a fortress in two seconds flat after I ding them at range annoy me. Especially when building a simple pillbox is annoying and finicky for me.

If they are doing that mid game it is to their detriment, just avoid that fight and have them come down from their castle. People like that waste materials early on and run out of them when they need it.

I am mostly building one story 4 wall 1 ceiling structures lately that are connected with doors. It really fucks with people especially when you have traps.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

StabMasterArson posted:

Building is a core mechanic of this game, and is cool and good, and at high level enables pretty cool build offs to gain the high ground and outsmart your enemies.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

man these guys just poo poo out stuff everywhere, I'm too high for this poo poo.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I am so excited to shoot the gently caress out of this new edgelord skin

epic is printing money here

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
they would be printing more money if the glider was just the wings with no parachute attached

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I bought the carlton. :negative:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AAB posted:

I am so excited to shoot the gently caress out of this new edgelord skin

epic is printing money here

I bought this skin so hard my mouse almost broke. :allears:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

V bucks just crashed from everyone trying to buy Raven.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What's so great about Raven? Am I missing a reference?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it looks cool, especially if you are 14 years old

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God it's so magical when you find a full squad of adults with mics that are willing to party up for a few games. I didn't think it even existed.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Ya brain broke or something?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so how do you avoid getting just randomly oneshot in BR out of seemingly loving nowhere? do you just have to kind of accept that as part of the game? because it's the most unfun poo poo of all time and i hate it.

it's almost enough to straight up ruin the game for me and send me back to PUBG, because at least in that, a) it's basically expected that the first person to start shooting wins a gunfight immediately unless that person is a really bad shot and b) I still get something out of runs where I do okayish for 5 minutes and then randomly get owned.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so how do you avoid getting just randomly oneshot in BR out of seemingly loving nowhere? do you just have to kind of accept that as part of the game? because it's the most unfun poo poo of all time and i hate it.

it's almost enough to straight up ruin the game for me and send me back to PUBG, because at least in that, a) it's basically expected that the first person to start shooting wins a gunfight immediately unless that person is a really bad shot and b) I still get something out of runs where I do okayish for 5 minutes and then randomly get owned.

what gun are you dying to? are you always running around at 100hp and no shields? it's definitely not part of the game, the 1 shots we have here are shotguns (you'll hear their footsteps) and snipers (unless you played against a flurry of literal gods this is unlikely)

if you dont have shields, the first thing you need to do is play like a huge wimp until you get shields.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Twist And Pout! posted:

if you dont have shields, the first thing you need to do is play like a huge wimp until you get shields.

this is probably the key, and yeah, it's 100% always snipers. it's never super early, it's always around ~30 people leftish.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this is probably the key, and yeah, it's 100% always snipers. it's never super early, it's always around ~30 people leftish.

Zig zag a bit at all times when running between places. And jump frequently (but not too frequently).

Running in a straight line will allow even the worst players to consistently hit you.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's one of the first skins to be actually unique.

Ignoring the fact that 20% of the playerbase will have the same skin.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

It's one of the first skins to be actually unique.

Ignoring the fact that 20% of the playerbase will have the same skin.

I'm sticking to my terrifying nutcracker man with his shark-spear-axe. But Notreaper is pretty slick.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Would be tempted to drop money on it if I didn't learn my lesson with Smite already

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dogstile posted:

Would be tempted to drop money on it if I didn't learn my lesson with Smite already

HiRez is always a bad decision.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm gonna shoot the heck out of these edge lords tonite and build a lot of poorly thought out buildings

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

teagone posted:

Building is a core mechanic of this game, and is cool and good, and at high level enables pretty cool build offs to gain the high ground and outsmart your enemies.

These guys are on way too much energy drink and I can barely even tell whats happening

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

These guys are on way too much energy drink and I can barely even tell whats happening

More like amphetamines- they keep it up for like 8 hours straight, sometimes longer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AAB posted:

I'm gonna shoot the heck out of these edge lords tonite and build a lot of poorly thought out buildings

:same: :agreed:

Work has been crushing me this week so I haven't played at all, I got a lot of challenges to catch up on.

Like getting a trap elimination, argh, time to just drop tilted like twenty times until I can snatch one

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'll play BR tonight but once I have two glasses of wine my reflexes and nerves are shot. That's when I switch over to something less demanding.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Work has been crushing me this week so I haven't played at all, I got a lot of challenges to catch up on.

Like getting a trap elimination, argh, time to just drop tilted like twenty times until I can snatch one

I got mine finally last night dropping shifty. A guy chased me because I had no gun, I threw one up on the ceiling around a corner and kept running, and boom. Trap kill. For a lovely player with 99 total games like me, that was a big deal.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Emron posted:

I got mine finally last night dropping shifty. A guy chased me because I had no gun, I threw one up on the ceiling around a corner and kept running, and boom. Trap kill. For a lovely player with 99 total games like me, that was a big deal.

:stoked:

I need to figure out how to get my PS4 share videos on YouTube, I've got a great one where I did roughly the same thing but at a building; I threw up some walls and a single floor, dropped the trap on it but it was still setting up as the guy ran over it, so I whacked him a few times with my pickaxe to get him to back into it. Lucky he was trash with the AR, but drat did I feel badass.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

:stoked:

I need to figure out how to get my PS4 share videos on YouTube, I've got a great one where I did roughly the same thing but at a building; I threw up some walls and a single floor, dropped the trap on it but it was still setting up as the guy ran over it, so I whacked him a few times with my pickaxe to get him to back into it. Lucky he was trash with the AR, but drat did I feel badass.

Just link your account. That alone is enough to start uploading.

I use the SHAREFactory app that come with the console to edit the video. Mostly trim the boring parts to make has small video has possible.
Getting used to SHAREFactory is a good investment of your time, probably.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tei posted:

Just link your account. That alone is enough to start uploading.

I use the SHAREFactory app that come with the console to edit the video. Mostly trim the boring parts to make has small video has possible.
Getting used to SHAREFactory is a good investment of your time, probably.

Hm, I'll have to look into making sure I linked it. I definitely have the YouTube option once I press the 'share' button, and I've used the PS4 video editing software, which I agree with you, is actually pretty sweet.

I've gotten the video trimmed down, then hit the Upload button or Send or whatever it's called, watch the upload notification pop up with a progress bar, it completes, and then... nada in my YouTube account. I never thought to check my account link settings though, wonder if I wonked something up there. Thanks for the tip!

I have only like 3 videos, but one is kinda cool where I grenaded myself into the air and pump'd somebody on the downward fall. I was like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO" after that, haha

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

StabMasterArson posted:

These guys are on way too much energy drink

Cheen posted:

More like amphetamines- they keep it up for like 8 hours straight, sometimes longer.

Or they're actually good at the game. That's a thing that's possible too :v:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

The hardest part of getting a trap elim is remembering you have one after you knock a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Or they're actually good at the game. That's a thing that's possible too :v:

Yeah the guy who is constantly yelling and rubbing his nose for several hours straight has never been on an upper