Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/evilsharkey/status/864548377660317696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DandyLion posted:

Vegan Meat, heyooo!

I said "delicious"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Cool and informative article about how democrats have made gains at the state level already. In mostly blue states, but hey, republicans have pretty much had a lockdown on state/local governments for quite a while.

Talking Points Memo - ‘Raise Hell’: In Trump Era, Blue State Dems Have Made Huge Strides

Banning "conversion/reparative therapy" matters.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

trump is a toilet man and should live in a dump

Or in a train car stranded in a small town in Alabama.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

BonoMan posted:

I love crawfish. Had a crawfish "cheesecake" yesterday - which is essentially a crawfish and cream cheese casserole/cake thing. loving amazing.

I gagged a little just reading that.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

You're making me hungry for crayfish here and the season isn't for months yet.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Verranicus posted:

I gagged a little just reading that.

I know right, cheesecake is loving gross.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Larry Kudlow is doing an interview and is snorting like he just did a bunch of bolivian marching powder

Relevant because he had at one point had a 10k a day coke habit.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

PT6A posted:

I said "delicious"

https://www.theherbivorousbutcher.com/ has some good stuff. Nothing as good as the real thing, though.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DandyLion posted:

Never trust a pie that tells you it's a type of cake.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DandyLion posted:

A.) Cheesecake is awesome. B.) this isn't even real cheesecake. It's just a cream cheese casserole:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/982264324000378882
trade war status: easy!

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Munkeymon posted:

https://www.theherbivorousbutcher.com/ has some good stuff. Nothing as good as the real thing, though.

Holy gently caress that looks good. Can they deliver to PA?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hated cheesecake until my wife got me eating it again after I immigrated and now I can at least tolerate it. Crayfish, on the other hand..

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Honestly the end game for this I think is that we’re just going to go backwards in time to about 1990 tradewise. Is that so bad?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/982266144760344576

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

BootStrap posted:

Holy gently caress that looks good. Can they deliver to PA?

I believe they ship anywhere in the US

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

...ok?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Haha, take that China, we only got one way to go, and thats UP UP UP!

Make American Gains Again!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

China has the midwest (read: Trump's nuts) in a vice. Those tariffs really are the stupidest thing Trump has done to date.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vladimir Putin posted:

Honestly the end game for this I think is that we’re just going to go backwards in time to about 1990 tradewise. Is that so bad?

For capitalists, yeah

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If these Chinese tariffs actually start loving the midwest then I think it will be the real test to see how much Trump can get away with by altering reality in his base's minds. They are already saying they still support him but I don't think it's really dawned on them yet that he is loving them just to feed his own ego.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

For capitalists, yeah

Well to be honest, if I think back to 1990 and before there just weren’t as many options when you went out and bought stuff and things were more expensive. There are other things but if we had to give that up so that maybe other people in the country could have their jobs back then I’d probably make that trade.

Also we didn’t have smartphones.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

For capitalists, yeah

My God, man. Why?

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Radish posted:

If these Chinese tariffs actually start loving the midwest then I think it will be the real test to see how much Trump can get away with by altering reality in his base's minds. They are already saying they still support him but I don't think it's really dawned on them yet that he is loving them just to feed his own ego.

I think most will still pull the R lever, but I imagine a lot will stay home.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Did you look at the Trump tweet this tweet was responding to?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Katt posted:

You're making me hungry for crayfish here and the season isn't for months yet.

:confused: but they're already $1.50 a lb live at the seafood distributor across the street? that mean's seasons on

oh you probably live some where in the frozen north don't you you poor soul

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/982268230306709509

...i don't even know what the idiot is trying to say here

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you look at the long range goals of this trade war I’m kind of on the fence about whether it would be good. Yeah, some industries might feels some pain in the short term but a lot of jobs might come back to the US. We’d have to give up a lot of our consumer options/prices but I think that’s an acceptable trade.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gen. Ripper posted:

Got you covered:
Thanks, I'm the latte-drinking tweeded atheist master.

KickerOfMice posted:

I attempted to write something like this in an earlier Trump thread, and now realize that I am but scrabbling at the base of the craft.

:aaaaa:

"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I KNOW

It's Bo Jackson running up the outfield wall. I can put on cleats and a baseball glove and go stand in the outfield but there's no way I'm going to go "gently caress YOU GRAVITY" like Bo.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Vladimir Putin posted:

So my purchasing power will halve? Oh NBD :rolleyes:

:fuckoff:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Radish posted:

They are already loving with our food export prices and they haven't gone into effect yet. If this ends up being more than just psoturing it will get real bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

evilweasel posted:

Pruitt's done. Praise be to Satan.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

evilweasel posted:

You're the puppet!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

evilweasel posted:

he is trying to poo poo on the media by saying they are wrong about sessions being replaced and pruitt being corrupt sack of poo poo.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

Wasn't the source of those rumors confirmed to be Pruitt himself?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Vladimir Putin posted:

If you look at the long range goals of this trade war I’m kind of on the fence about whether it would be good. Yeah, some industries might feels some pain in the short term but a lot of jobs might come back to the US. We’d have to give up a lot of our consumer options/prices but I think that’s an acceptable trade.

You know, except it'd take a long time for factories building stuff we import to come online, and in the meantime businesses dependent on that will be screwed, and businesses that are getting tarrifed by China will also be highly screwed, as will the people who work for them.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Munkeymon posted:

Yeah but your countrymen can get their jobs back

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Munkeymon posted:

you're, uh, holding the chart upsidedown if that's what you think it says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The takeaway from all of this is that if China goes ahead and implements all these tarrifs (and ends up hurting farmers/Trump voters) the Democrats are going to get a shellacking in the elections for their heinous evil.

• Locked thread