Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not a panel, but this block of hype for Corman's FF movie was too good to pass up.

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Not a panel, but this block of hype for Corman's FF movie was too good to pass up.

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #3

I was at a comic con where they had the guy who played the Thing in Corman's film walking around in costume (presumably this was still when they figured they might be able to send it out direct-to-video or something). I regret not getting a picture with him.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 4, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Random Stranger posted:

I was at a comic con where they had the guy who played the Thing in Corman's film walking around in costume (presumably this was still when they figured they might be able to send it out direct-to-video or something). I regret not getting a picture with him.

That would be a good av

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Cap and Bucky face their new foe, Lazy Eye!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well? Answer the question!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Savidudeosoo posted:

Oh man, Crange!

He Is A Good Boy.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Random Stranger posted:

Well? Answer the question!

I get the cone bra, but the cone chastity piece?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Ultimate Reed was probably justified in becoming a villain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeesh I understand the sentiment Sue, but there's a hundred better ways to word that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Say Nothing posted:

Spider-Man became a villain after seeing Daredevil and Black Cat making out, didn't he?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I can imagine Reed posting on some incel forum afterwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

prefect posted:

Spider-Man became a villain after seeing Daredevil and Black Cat making out, didn't he?

I think he said,"Is this my Super-Villain origin?" because even when absolutely devastated Spidey can't stop his mouth just blurting out a joke :allears:

Which is as good an excuse as any to post one of my favorite ever panels, from Superior Spider-Man 31:

That single panel beat as Norman figures out what has happened :kiss:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GrandpaPants posted:

I can imagine Reed posting on some incel forum afterwards.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I really love and miss Reed's Cro-Magnon head.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Weird, when did Newspaper Spider-Man take Reed's place?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

TwoPair posted:

Cap and Bucky face their new foe, Lazy Eye!

With Special Guest!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The Star Trek/X-Men crossover issue is fun.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Metalshark posted:

The Star Trek/X-Men crossover issue is fun.

"I had to kill a close friend because he had become a threat to reality itself."

"Racist."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Keeshhound posted:

"I had to kill a close friend because he had become a threat to reality itself."

"Racist."

Jean has experience with being killed for being a threat to reality.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
And if she'd brought that up it'd be reasonable. What she accuses him of is being anti-mutant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus that art.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

"I can't be racist. You see, in our time the Federation is really egalitarian and forward thinking.
Plus we had this Eugenics War which means it's totally okay to persecute mutants."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Keeshhound posted:

And if she'd brought that up it'd be reasonable. What she accuses him of is being anti-mutant.

the X-Gene activates the Leap Of Logic power, everything else is a Secondary Mutation

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

The Question IRL posted:

"I can't be racist. You see, in our time the Federation is really egalitarian and forward thinking.
Plus we had this Eugenics War which means it's totally okay to persecute mutants."

I just realized how much I want to see an X-Men vs. The Imperium of Man crossover.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Keeshhound posted:

I just realized how much I want to see an X-Men vs. The Imperium of Man crossover.

"But you have a bunch of mutants on your side too!"
"Those mutants are sanctioned by the Emperor himself! Hell, some of them were created by the Emperor! It's all very straight-forward."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Even then, in both cases said people were being insane manic jerkoffs.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Jean has experience with being killed for being a threat to reality.

Jean has multiple experiences with being killed for being a threat to reality.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Say Nothing posted:

Did a bee sting her bottom lip?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alhazred posted:

Jean has multiple experiences with being killed for being a threat to reality.

I think it's just the one.

She dies piloting a spaceship and comes back immediately as Phoenix the next issue (I think this death barely counts, because Claremont era X-Men were constantly appearing to die only to come back immediately, it happens to Professor X like a half dozen times). Then she becomes Dark Phoenix, commits genocide against the broccoli people and allows herself to be killed, gets better from a really stupid retcon that results in the character and actual assassination of Madelyne Pryor. Then years later sacrifices herself to save Wolverine and stop Magneto in Morrison's New X-Men and she stayed dead from that until recently.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

*mumbling*

Endsong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

*mumbling*

Endsong.

Isn't that a different continuity?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I always thought it'd be interesting if Ultimate X-Men did the Phoenix story, but with Jean being able to control it and becoming the unquestionable leader. You can do a few story beats from it, like Scott feeling insecure about dating a demigod, and Xavier being straight up ousted after it turns out he's scum and isn't even the most powerful telepath they have.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, canonically Jean didn't even die in the Dark Phoenix Saga, it was just a clone who thought she was Jean! Which is a very silly way to rob one of the all-time classic X-Men stories of its significance, and resulted in further retcons where Jean's mind and memories were linked with the clone so it sort of "counts" even though it doesn't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, canonically Jean didn't even die in the Dark Phoenix Saga, it was just a clone who thought she was Jean! Which is a very silly way to rob one of the all-time classic X-Men stories of its significance, and resulted in further retcons where Jean's mind and memories were linked with the clone so it sort of "counts" even though it doesn't.

Yeah, it was a really dumb way to bring back a character who is literally named after a mythical creature whose main feature is resurrection.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that a different continuity?

Nope. Although it was immediately forgotten, it's canon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Nope. Although it was immediately forgotten, it's canon.

X-Men.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Keeshhound posted:

Beast: Oh my Stars and Garters! I just discovered in this universe mutants are sacrificed to keep their messiah alive. What kind of leader would sanction such a senseless waste of children's life?

(Professor X does the collar tug thing.)