Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm having just the worst RNG this season. GR700 and I'm still only wearing 3 ancients, both of my weapons are not gifted, 2 total gifts (both burned on my now dead first character) and I finally got my first primal of the season.

Lucky you, I'm P580-ish and have had one Gift. Got everything done for Conqueror except the second conquest, though, which will be The Thrill unless I can find someone on EU to do the Cursed Peat. After those two it's just gems to 70 and Maghda in 10 seconds for Guardian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m P600ish and I’ve gotten 3 gifts so far. I think I have 3 ancients equipped and am yet to see a primal.

Edit: I don’t know what a conquest is.

mewse
May 2, 2006

RCarr posted:

I’m P600ish and I’ve gotten 3 gifts so far. I think I have 3 ancients equipped and am yet to see a primal.

Edit: I don’t know what a conquest is.

Shift-Y for achievement window, switch to the "season" tab and there's a category on the left for conquests. There's 2 of each, for softcore and hardcore.

They are part of the season journey. Last journey page Guardian needs 3 conquests.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I've got a week of staycation coming up. Cleaning the house will take one day and then i think I'm going to veg out in my lazymancer and try to fill up the cube with everything I can while watching stuff on my second monitor. I am weirdly excited for this

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
Have pity on me. I purchased the Necromancer pack last June but shortly afterwards I had a family emergency and life got in the way. I just sat down and played my first necromancer this past week. I got PL’d to P250 but I still feel like I don’t know what I am doing. I have full Anarius. I looked for a necro thread but didn’t see one here. I assume I should google Lazymancer and use those guides? Of course, any advice offered here would be welcome.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
I've been trying to craft a Pig Sticker but have been getting a crazy streak of eun jang dos. Am I doing anything wrong or just unlucky?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Lucky you, I'm P580-ish and have had one Gift. Got everything done for Conqueror except the second conquest, though, which will be The Thrill unless I can find someone on EU to do the Cursed Peat. After those two it's just gems to 70 and Maghda in 10 seconds for Guardian.

Are you on PS4? Cursed peat is 350 chest kills right? I'm in the EU and I need that as well as my very last thing this season. I literally never played online co-op on the PS4 before but I'd be willing to. (I have an Impale DH)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hopper posted:

Are you on PS4? Cursed peat is 350 chest kills right? I'm in the EU and I need that as well as my very last thing this season. I literally never played online co-op on the PS4 before but I'd be willing to. (I have an Impale DH)

PC, sorry. I don't know if you can cross over. Jedit#1635 if we can.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RIP'd my necro last night (only like 13 hours in and tried a GR55 with a build I didn't have everything for). That should be enough to get me to stop playing for this season and go back to SC next season. I hope. :v:

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Larrymer posted:

RIP'd my necro last night (only like 13 hours in and tried a GR55 with a build I didn't have everything for). That should be enough to get me to stop playing for this season and go back to SC next season. I hope. :v:

I've been playing hc seasonal. Saw you climbing the GR ladder over the last few days. Rip in peace.

Press f to pay respects.

Also lmk if you want a PL back up on an alt this weekend

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

PC, sorry. I don't know if you can cross over. Jedit#1635 if we can.

No that is not possible AFAIK, i hope you find someone else.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there any chance of another expansion coming out for D3? I want to play a Druid.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Probably not anytime soon. I would love a druid though, my werewolf druid was fuckin baller.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If there's anything new on the horizon it'll probably be announced around Blizzcon.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Necro any good? I'm gonna revisit D3 and I'm wondering if it's worth the cash.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

And Tyler Too! posted:

Yes

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

I'd argue that it's "meh" and feels more clunky than the other classes. There are builds that are silly powerful, but I don't find any of them as fun as other existing classes. I've tried to get into it for a couple seasons and just can't.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Deckard Cain is the newest hero being added to Heroes of the Storm. I don't know if anyone plays that, but it's nice to know his legacy will live on.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Isn't he dead?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Isn't he dead?

He's moved on to another place (The Nexus).

mewse
May 2, 2006

Oh, right. We'll get that fixed.

3peat
May 6, 2010

I haven't played this game at all for the last 2-3 years, until last week when I accidentally found out there's a new class and it's on sale. Since I have some spare time and didnt have anything else to play, I bought it and leveled up a necromancer to 70 and I outfitted it with whatever old stuff I had in my stash. But since that char was struggling at a lowly torment 2, I went back to my old wizard which I had since the times when magic missile and mirrorball was all the rage: https://www.d3planner.com/599769863 (the only new thing is the belt which I got from kerala earlier today, everything else is old).
I tried this old wizard in torment 7 and it was kinda slow, except for one thing: bosses died instantly, like as fast as the lowliest skeleton. Happened with maghda, diablo, belial, keywardens, etc and with some elites.
After some experimenting I realized it was from black hole. Check it out: https://streamable.com/xv5mz
Note how magic missile and meteors barely make a dent, but the moment I cast black hole his health melts in a couple seconds.
I made some more experimenting (including with other skills) and how it works is that I hit them with something else, then I cast black hole and that's it; works with any bosses and named characters, while with regular elites it's more of a crapshoot; I think I have to cast black hole right on top of them, otherwise it may not work even tho the skill description says "within 15 yards"
Is this intended? I googled it and can't find anything about it. and I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening back when I used to play

3peat fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 7, 2018

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

3peat posted:

I haven't played this game at all for the last 2-3 years, until last week when I accidentally found out there's a new class and it's on sale. Since I have some spare time and didnt have anything else to play, I bought it and leveled up a necromancer to 70 and I outfitted it with whatever old stuff I had in my stash. But since that char was struggling at a lowly torment 2, I went back to my old wizard which I had since the times when magic missile and mirrorball was all the rage: https://www.d3planner.com/599769863 (the only new thing is the belt which I got from kerala earlier today, everything else is old).
I tried this old wizard in torment 7 and it was kinda slow, except for one thing: bosses died instantly, like as fast as the lowliest skeleton. Happened with maghda, diablo, belial, keywardens, etc and with some elites.
After some experimenting I realized it was from black hole. Check it out: https://streamable.com/xv5mz
Note how magic missile and meteors barely make a dent, but the moment I cast black hole his health melts in a couple seconds.
I made some more experimenting (including with other skills) and how it works is that I hit them with something else, then I cast black hole and that's it; works with any bosses and named characters, while with regular elites it's more of a crapshoot; I think I have to cast black hole right on top of them, otherwise it may not work even tho the skill description says "within 15 yards"
Is this intended? I googled it and can't find anything about it. and I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening back when I used to play

Welcome back, the game has come a long way. What's happening in your case is the new 6 piece bonus on your Firebirds set going off. It was redesigned to ignite enemies and once they're ignited, it applies a buff to yourself that increases all damage done and reduces all damage taken. On lower difficulties most enemies will die very quickly and you'll never amass more than a few stacks since your ignited targets quickly become ash in the wind.

However, it reacts differently with bosses/elite packs/goblins. Once anyone of those ignites, it instantly grants you the max count of buff stacks, a whopping twenty. What's happening is your damage skyrockets as soon as you get that ignite on the boss and it just explodes.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Metal Meltdown posted:

Welcome back, the game has come a long way. What's happening in your case is the new 6 piece bonus on your Firebirds set going off. It was redesigned to ignite enemies and once they're ignited, it applies a buff to yourself that increases all damage done and reduces all damage taken. On lower difficulties most enemies will die very quickly and you'll never amass more than a few stacks since your ignited targets quickly become ash in the wind.

However, it reacts differently with bosses/elite packs/goblins. Once anyone of those ignites, it instantly grants you the max count of buff stacks, a whopping twenty. What's happening is your damage skyrockets as soon as you get that ignite on the boss and it just explodes.

I feel really stupid because I did read that set bonus but I dismissed it as the cause because from what I remembered that set wasn't that great and I remember they didn't change old items when they change their text (but I didn't think they'd change set bonuses instead). Also it said you need 3 separate skills, when I was sure I could trigger it with only 2, but now I realized I was using force weapon with the ignite rune, which "has a chance" to trigger and was probably counting as the third skill without me knowing.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
I just posted in the console thread looking for friends so I can send off those sweet, sweet random gifts, but noticed there are about five posts since January. I'm gonna go ahead and post my Xbox GT here since it seems like people (console included) hangout here instead.
MANT1S TOBBOGAN

Don't worry, I won't bug you to play.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cretin90 posted:

I just posted in the console thread looking for friends so I can send off those sweet, sweet random gifts, but noticed there are about five posts since January. I'm gonna go ahead and post my Xbox GT here since it seems like people (console included) hangout here instead.
MANT1S TOBBOGAN

Don't worry, I won't bug you to play.

Are you playing a Nonseasonal character during the season??

Madman!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I know I’m new and this probably happens all the time, but I got my first primal at 610 paragon, and unfortunately it’s not part of my build so I can never use it. RIP red border item.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

I know I’m new and this probably happens all the time, but I got my first primal at 610 paragon, and unfortunately it’s not part of my build so I can never use it. RIP red border item.

Don't lust after useable primals. 99% of the ones you'll ever receive are straight garbage.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Isn’t that basically the only thing I’m working towards at this point? I have every piece of my monks wave of light gear, so the only way I can progress from here is to upgrade each piece to an ancient or primal, no?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

Isn’t that basically the only thing I’m working towards at this point? I have every piece of my monks wave of light gear, so the only way I can progress from here is to upgrade each piece to an ancient or primal, no?

Ancients and augments are far more attainable.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m rocking 3 ancient items at the moment, and haven’t augmented anything yet. I just finally got my three equipped legendary gems to 55 a few minutes ago.

I have 4 gifts so far, should I use two of them on my weapons, even though I haven’t found an ancient version of them yet?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Sure, just keep two spares. It's a good problem to have.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Instead of primal drops, I wish primals were something you upgraded your gear towards with a lot of grinding for materials and gold. Make the blacksmith actually useful.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I said come in! posted:

Instead of primal drops, I wish primals were something you upgraded your gear towards with a lot of grinding for materials and gold. Make the blacksmith actually useful.

I don't think you should be able to build them because everyone would just do weapons but I do think there needs to a way to get a guaranteed one like a weekly quest or some super expensive gamble cost.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Cubing 10 ancients of a specific item into a primal version of that item would be cool

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'd like to pay some upfront cost to reroll my poo poo instead of sitting there clicking a million times. Like just tell me rerolling weapon damage to attack speed on this pig sticker will cost 200 million gold 300 souls and 300 deaths breaths and do it instantly.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you take away the RNG, what is this game?

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are you playing a Nonseasonal character during the season??

Madman!

I just got back into Diablo for the first time since seasons started and I THOUGHT I was playing a seasonal character... Now you're making me doubt myself!!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Larrymer posted:

If you take away the RNG, what is this game?

Certain rolls are so uncommon though. Maybe you can make it cost extra to roll a specific attribute but still have the result be random. Like rolling weapon damage into something that's not weapon damage. Or getting a specific skill damage bonus on an offhand. You're just sitting there clicking reroll for like 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'd like to just be able to pay 5 bucks and get my items rolled for me. Who needs all that gameplay bloat and time wasting?