Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anybody want a copy of lara croft go, the tomb raider puzzle game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Humble Bundle Monthly is more popular then I thought. Last months ended finally and once it did there must have been a huge rush of people as it crashed the site.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Site seems OK if slow now. Early payments for next month unlock Kerbal Space Program, Dead Rising 4, and RUINER.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Site seems OK if slow now. Early payments for next month unlock Kerbal Space Program, Dead Rising 4, and RUINER.

I'm excited to get Kerbal Space Program, and Ruiner. I heard real good things about both. Dead Rising 4 is suppose to be pretty bad though isn't it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I'm excited to get Kerbal Space Program, and Ruiner. I heard real good things about both. Dead Rising 4 is suppose to be pretty bad though isn't it?

Yup

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Everyone go buy this it's great.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

dr4 is what happens when you decide to bring back a beloved character and just build him based off of the memes from his first appearance instead of his actual characterization

every time they bring back frank west they forget he was just kind of a really awkward guy and instead write him to be an obnoxious jackass and dr4 is like the ultimate, of that

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not to mention the fact they decided not to bring back the old voice actor with the reasonings being, this is a different much older Frank West. DR4 was such crap.

Off the Record did it right with making him a washed up celebrity. :v:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The PUBG dudes suing other companies for infringing on the Battle Grounds concept is hilarious to me because PUBG isn't even the first game of that type.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/982317225989177345

http://store.steampowered.com/app/803600/Disgaea_5_Complete__5/

quote:

Like the Nintendo Switch version of Disgaea 5, the PC version includes all of the additional content put out as DLC for the PlayStation 4 release. This means you get the Adell, Almaz, Mao, Fuka, Laharl, Priere, Valvatorez and Zetta bonus scenarios to play through. Girl Laharl, Metallia, Nisa and Pleinair can join your party. It also means the Celestial Hostess, Kunoichi, and Sorcerer classes can be recruited. Steam Achievements and Cloud support are included too.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Rad. I've been wanting to play a Disgaea game again. Haven't touched the series since the first one (which I played on PS2 and DS and PSP).

Although it's debatable whether I have the fortitude to put in crazy hours in that kind of game again.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

anybody want a copy of lara croft go, the tomb raider puzzle game

homeless snail was awesome enough to send me the code! Thank you!

Zaphiel fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 6, 2018

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The OUYA (thread) provided so many hours of entertainment back in the day.

redtube

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think even that got shut down by E3 mid way through

iirc it was in a parking lot across the street, and the e3 organizers moved some trucks in the way to block it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they called the cops on them also

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stealin' this from the ps4 thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhMkT03g6K6/?utm_source=ig_embed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

good taste, that man

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Rad. I've been wanting to play a Disgaea game again. Haven't touched the series since the first one (which I played on PS2 and DS and PSP).

Although it's debatable whether I have the fortitude to put in crazy hours in that kind of game again.

I was actually real shocked at how quickly I progressed to post-game near-capped-stats in Disgaea 5. It's the first once I've played since Disgaea 1 but it happened so fast that I was a little underwhelmed when I got there.

There are so many options for how to power up that getting to 9999 for the first time only takes a few hours of work, then you spend another hour or two maxing all the subclasses, then you reincarnate and level to 9999 again while only getting 25% exp but by that point it only takes maybe 30 minutes to an hour. After that it's a lot of grinding the same map over and over again as a specific class but it's a map with 100 enemies on it and you clear it in 2-3 turns and you do that for a very long time until you cap your stats or you just get bored partway through and stop.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 6, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kerbal is the perfect example of games as something fun to play and educational tools. It should be installed on every school computer just like Secret Isle of Dr. Quandary and Troggle Trouble Math were.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/844994923363532802

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

finished God Hand; good video game. lot of callbacks to it in later Platinum games which I'm only seeing now

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A man of poor tastes. Sad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i made it up to the sixth stage of fantasy zone today before getting hosed. this game toes a dangerous line between being surprisingly fair and then loving you over very hard if you get within one pixel of a projectile

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr.Kattykat posted:

finished God Hand; good video game. lot of callbacks to it in later Platinum games which I'm only seeing now

God Hand is probably the greatest turnaround from initially terrible to loving amazing that I've ever played. You can tell it was pushed out the door before it was really finished but man is that a hell of a videogame

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

suuma posted:

The PUBG dudes suing other companies for infringing on the Battle Grounds concept is hilarious to me because PUBG isn't even the first game of that type.

a lot of these games are specifically marketing themselves as just-barely-legally-distinct versions of PUBG. Fortnite, the only "legit" one that's caught Bluehole's negative attention, is a weird and special case because from what I gather Epic formed a specific partnership with Bluehole to upgrade the engine to make PUBG doable... and then used the work from that partnership to turn Fortnite into a direct competitor to PUBG.

i don't know if that's actually illegal (this would likely depend on the wording of the deal that prompted Epic to help out with PUBG's development- there's a chance Epic could get hosed for this similarly to Gearbox getting hosed for using Aliens: Colonial Marines' budget to make Borderlands 2), but it's absolutely a massive dick move of Epic, and Bluehole isn't really wrong to raise a stink about it because at the very least other Unreal devs need to know that Epic is not their friend.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Convex posted:

God Hand is probably the greatest turnaround from initially terrible to loving amazing that I've ever played. You can tell it was pushed out the door before it was really finished but man is that a hell of a videogame

i don't think there is a state for god hand to be finished. they basically didn't have a budget to make it on, i think if god hand was anything other than shinji mikami gathering a team at clover and just making some poo poo it would be significantly different

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I still want a sequel or at least an HD remake
preferably a double pack like Bayonetta got

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

raditts posted:

I still want a sequel or at least an HD remake
preferably a double pack like Bayonetta got

I'd be fine with an HD "remake" like Okami's, but I know it never sold near as well as Okami.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Disgaea 5 was actually real weak compared to 4 imo. Most of the characters were boring and the post game was mostly tying up loose ends instead of the usual "everyone from previous nis games comes in with stuff for a huge party grindfest" thing they do.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/982319466137583616
https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/982341648695742464

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sign the poop keita

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/982286829528453121

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

honestly the arby's twitter guy being a dork was pretty funny at first but now i just find myself vaguely annoyed by the whole concept

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care cause there are way grosser corporate twitters while arby's twitter is just inoffensive

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I bet when the fast food restaurant twitter guys go for their annual holiday together the Wendys guy rubs the Arbys guy's face in the sand

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Da share z0ne is still my gold standard for how to to act when dealing with #brands on Twitter.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wendy's twitter is fuckin poo poo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ad twitters are loving weird, here's an article from the manager of the Wendy's one from right when they got popular.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The first people who should be banned from twitter are nazis, second is brands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Moonpie is the only decent brand on Twitter

• Locked thread