Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Can you describe the feedback? Like, it's hard to diagnose with just that term.

Just a loud hum. Like a microphone is too close to a speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The_Rob posted:

Just a loud hum. Like a microphone is too close to a speaker.

Are you plugged into a receiver that has a phono in, because if you are switch off the pre amp.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CPL593H posted:

Are you plugged into a receiver that has a phono in, because if you are switch off the pre amp.

No, but I just went in and moved some things around and it seems to be playing fine now. I dunno I'm wondering if some wires were touching or something. Thank you guys for the help though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Just to give actual content I will say just today I bought the repress of Bell Witches 2011 demo and drat that's a good demo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I can't wait to see what this goes for when they sell out:
https://www.strandedrecords.com/col..._eid=bdf870be13

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

CPL593H posted:

I can't wait to see what this goes for when they sell out:
https://www.strandedrecords.com/col..._eid=bdf870be13

probably similar to the disintegration loops box which goes for $500+ now

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

strap on revenge posted:

probably similar to the disintegration loops box which goes for $500+ now

Being rich is probably really cool.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Snagged a Bill & Ted's soundtrack from Mondo, which has apparently already sold out. That was quick.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I got one for me and one for a friend. Most triumphant.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I learned from the Katamari soundtrack that I was meh on to grab something that is very excellent right at 10AM PST.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 4, 2018

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

Snagged a Bill & Ted's soundtrack from Mondo, which has apparently already sold out. That was quick.

How the gently caress did they go through 1000 that fast

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Boinks posted:

If I'd known about it I'd have totally bought one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah same probably.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Boinks posted:

No idea, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to go that quick. Just glad I was free at noon.

Also probably a good number of resellers buying multiples? Does Mondo have a quantity limit?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

No idea, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to go that quick. Just glad I was free at noon.

Also probably a good number of resellers buying multiples? Does Mondo have a quantity limit?

No limit that I know of.

I'm the only person I know who would even buy this so I was shocked. Anyway I'll just pick it up in 6 months for $5 more than what it cost, like any other Mondo release.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I was poking around and it looks like there's another release on black vinyl if anyone missed the first one. Initial pressing of 500.

https://edsawesomesounds.com/products/bill-ted-s-excellent-adventure-soundtrack-lp-vinyl-ltd-500-copies-new-preorder
https://www.monstersinmotion.com/ca...-jacket-p-24852

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah neat, the orange is cooler but it's all about the artwork really. I should sign up for Mondo's newsletter or something as I didn't even know about this release.

It was also appropriate ordering a Bill and Ted item from a website that appears to be set in 1990.

e: gonna drop this here for no reason other than not knowing it existed for years and years, and any excuse to listen to it again is always fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tRvA3MZZLE

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 4, 2018

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Thanks for this! I grabbed one of the black ones. I mean orange would've been cool but when you think about it, there are none more black.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

I was poking around and it looks like there's another release on black vinyl if anyone missed the first one. Initial pressing of 500.

https://edsawesomesounds.com/products/bill-ted-s-excellent-adventure-soundtrack-lp-vinyl-ltd-500-copies-new-preorder
https://www.monstersinmotion.com/ca...-jacket-p-24852

Thanks I ordered one from Eds. $27 shipped seams suspiciously cheap so we'll see if they come through.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Looks like the second Final Fantasy Distant Worlds album is up on Amazon here if anyone is interested before scalpers buy em all up and sell them for quadruple retail.

e: now sold out. I found the first album on Amazon in February and posted it to a VGM vinyl group on Facebook instead of buying up all the copies. Blip Blop grabbed the link from there, shared it, and it sold out within minutes. Now all I can ever find are Discogs/eBay flippers selling it for $130+.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 5, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

New Caretaker's up on Boomkat! Two LP set. Blue copies are already sold out.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've had the Katamari Damacy theme stuck in my head for like a week because of you assholes.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

caligulamprey posted:

New Caretaker's up on Boomkat! Two LP set. Blue copies are already sold out.

I'm so glad I snagged up the blue when I saw it. Of course once stage 6 is out and there is the inevitable box set I'll be forced to buy THAT too...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If you're in an area with a Newbury Comics everything in their store is 40% today.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

CPL593H posted:

If you're in an area with a Newbury Comics everything in their store is 40% today.

I managed to only spend $180 after putting back like 7 other records I wanted

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Residents' cover of Fur Elise. My friend was kind enough to pick this up for me at the Merch table last night. 1,000 pressed in 1987, they only had one copy to sell. :dance:

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
thats sick

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

SeXReX posted:

I'm so glad I snagged up the blue when I saw it. Of course once stage 6 is out and there is the inevitable box set I'll be forced to buy THAT too...

I snagged the blue within 20 minutes of getting the email and they were all gone 10 minutes later. His poo poo gets (quite justifiably) bought.

Gunstav
Nov 27, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

Looks like the second Final Fantasy Distant Worlds album is up on Amazon here if anyone is interested before scalpers buy em all up and sell them for quadruple retail.

e: now sold out. I found the first album on Amazon in February and posted it to a VGM vinyl group on Facebook instead of buying up all the copies. Blip Blop grabbed the link from there, shared it, and it sold out within minutes. Now all I can ever find are Discogs/eBay flippers selling it for $130+.

Thanks for this, I was able to grab a copy. I just saw Distant Worlds I is available right now on on Amazon if anyone is looking.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Got my copy of Demon Days today, I know what I am going to be listening to all day while doing house work.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Video game soundtracks?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Whipped cream and other delights

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Chuck Mangione?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

MrSargent posted:

Got my copy of Demon Days today, I know what I am going to be listening to all day while doing house work.

Apparently it can have the same locked groove issue on the c side as the VMP pressing so something to watch out for.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

quote:

I found the first album on Amazon in February and posted it to a VGM vinyl group

There's niche and then there's loving niche.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nail Rat posted:

There's niche and then there's loving niche.

Some vgm vinyl comes in ridiculously low variants (my copy of Skyrim is 1/95, signed Shovel Knight and Ninja Gaiden are 1/50 and 1/100, signed Sonic Adventure [lol] box set 1/300) but it only makes up about 1/3 of my total collection. The rest is jazz and dad rock. Even Moonshake bootlegs sometimes go for hundreds of dollars. Since vgm vinyl didn't really take off again until 2015-2016, albums that came out before then are similarly expensive. Want Red Dead Redemption? Expect to pay $300+. The most expensive ones are older Dragon Quest soundtracks from the 80's or the Final Fantasy Vinyls (sic) 5xLP box.

There's also a lot of garbage out there that probably shouldn't have been pressed in the first place, but some people get totally swept up and have to buy everything that is released. That's why there are so many companies out there selling double LPs for $40+, all for digital music thrown onto an analogue medium. Even Katamari from Mondo sold out in a pretty small amount of time given the larger (3,000) pressing.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 7, 2018

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

From a historic foundation's semi-annual flea market and Graveface in Savannah:

The Beatles: Meet the Beatles (1964 pressing)
The Ventures: Walk, Don't Run
The Ventures: Surfing
Jon & Vangelis: The Friends of Mr. Cairo
Jon & Vangelis: Short Stories (Greek pressing. I'd love to know how this ended up in Savannah.)
Bo Diddley: Bo Diddley (the record touts itself as unbreakable. it's also almost as thick as shellac)
Strawbs: Bursting at the Seams

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bloodplay it again posted:

a lot of garbage out there that probably shouldn't have been pressed in the first place

:grin:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
nerds reliably spend way too much money on pop vinyl, video game and other "collections". makes video game music a solid investment because as soon as it goes out of print you'll be making bank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded