Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

I don’t care what kind of armor they wear. I just want some dedicated assault Primaris with jump packs.

I'm still devastated that there's a significant lack of Chainswords in the Primaris range.

Also, speaking of AdMech - everyone is really hyped for Fires of Cyraxus to come out so we can play with 30k toys in 40k, but I think i'm one of the only people that isn't. I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get forgeworld poo poo shipped to California. Holding out for an expansion on the regular AdMech range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm still devastated that there's a significant lack of Chainswords in the Primaris range.

Also, speaking of AdMech - everyone is really hyped for Fires of Cyraxus to come out so we can play with 30k toys in 40k, but I think i'm one of the only people that isn't. I don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get forgeworld poo poo shipped to California. Holding out for an expansion on the regular AdMech range.

I actually really like taking Chainswords on my Intercessor Sergeants. Sure, power swords are probably better but having the extra attack is still solid and it just feel wrong to not have more chainswords in my lists.

I'm very much in agreement about Forgeworld. My hobby budget is a very strict $50/mo which doesn't lend itself very well to spending hundreds of dollars on resin, particularly when those resin models are almost certain to have poorly written rules.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Come, gather 'round, and let us all read the Authorised Biography of Commissar Ibrahim Yarrick.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Right, forgot for a moment that Plasma is usually a special weapon deal. I'd ask "why not give them all plasmas?" But fluffwise that already exists (Inceptors).

Oh well, at least the 3 Inceptors and Captain can get suicide immunity with their boy Elam.

Have you just totally forgotten about Hellblasters or what?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hustlin Floh posted:

Not like he's played against them

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Someone vandalized the 1d4chan page and removed all mention of Hellblasters, not like you can fault him for not knowing about them

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Someone vandalized the 1d4chan page and removed all mention of Hellblasters, not like you can fault him for not knowing about them

:iceburn:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hustlin Floh posted:

I could have listed everything primaris that has plasma as an option, but instead I just picked the plasma primaris unit in my 1000pt list vOv

I went with Inceptors instead of Hellblasters because the list has no vehicles (what with half of it unitwise deep striking, and the other half having dece range) so I'm better off having threatening stuff able to deploy anywhere.

Also, Inceptors look cooler.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Assault Hellblasters have a good threat range. I only have a unit of 5 footslogging and they always do work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

I actually really like taking Chainswords on my Intercessor Sergeants. Sure, power swords are probably better but having the extra attack is still solid and it just feel wrong to not have more chainswords in my lists.

With the +1 to wound the chainsword option might just be better.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When they announced the Reivers, I was really disappointed that they were just carrying blades. I had plans to do a Flesh Tearers Primaris army, but without chainswords what's the point?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

When they announced the Reivers, I was really disappointed that they were just carrying blades. I had plans to do a Flesh Tearers Primaris army, but without chainswords what's the point?

They're supposed to be terror troops, right? I'd be much more afraid of some dudes running at me with chainsaw swords than some wimpy little knives.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Are there chain knives in 40k? There's chain- swords, axes, fists, cleavers, but I don't recall any knives. Perhaps there's a minimum size needed to chain something up.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Giant Isopod posted:

Are there chain knives in 40k? There's chain- swords, axes, fists, cleavers, but I don't recall any knives. Perhaps there's a minimum size needed to chain something up.
The Dark Heresy RPG had chainblades (for human use), which were pretty much that.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
A chainsword is the same thing as a combat knife, no reason why you can't put chainswords on your stealthy skull boys.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Giant Isopod posted:

You can take the ones from chainfists! pretty close.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
What do you guys use to haul your armies around? I have a small Pelican case now, but as my army grows I'm gonna need more space. I was looking at things like this and wondering if I could convert them with some foam to make a nice hauler.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

EvilBeard posted:

What do you guys use to haul your armies around? I have a small Pelican case now, but as my army grows I'm gonna need more space. I was looking at things like this and wondering if I could convert them with some foam to make a nice hauler.

KR backpack and 3 Box Carrying case depending on how much I need to take.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Lawrence Baker aka the spider taking new Drukhari out for a spin

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

EvilBeard posted:

I have the crusader case and I never use it. It's really hard to transport AdMech - so many spiky bits that can break. I've instead got a plastic bin with a lid, glued some sheet metal on the lid and the bottom and magnetized the bases of my guys for easy transport. I'll take a photo of it later today.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Question for Necrons since I have Forgebane:
  • Whip coils or guns on Wraiths?
  • Shields or warscythes on Lychguard?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

The Deleter posted:

Question for Necrons since I have Forgebane:
  • Whip coils or guns on Wraiths?
  • Shields or warscythes on Lychguard?

Personal preferences:

Whip coils for the Wraiths - Being able to still attack if I lose the wraith has been remarkably useful.

Depends, if you’re buddying them up with a Cryptek stick with Warscythes. If not go with the swords and shields. For the comedy option put a unit of Warscythe Lychguard with Anrakyr the Traveller and a Cryptek.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Why is that the comedy option?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Not sold on the Whip Coils. 9pts a model seems steep. Maybe one per unit of 3+.

This is not coming from any sort of experience, just from reading the book, so I could be very wrong.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I'm vacillating on wraith loadouts as well. I hate having to build models with options before having experience with them. Makes me get obsessive and self-doubty.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
No surprise, but Lawrence almost tabled the Mechanicus.

Talos seem to actually be decent now when combined with the Haemonc bubble bonuses.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Yeah, not exactly an interesting or exciting stream today.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Not sure why it was Stig that went up with him. He's a nice dude and excellent painter but a very new and inexperienced player compared to Lawrence. Bone would have been better, although I guess there's an element of who was available to drive up to Nottingham in the middle of a weekday.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

The Sex Cannon posted:

Why is that the comedy option?

Hilariously killy; bonus attack from Anrakyr and a 5+ inv from the Cryptek. Warscythes are seriously awesome.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Hilariously killy; bonus attack from Anrakyr and a 5+ inv from the Cryptek. Warscythes are seriously awesome.

Deceiver
Night Scythe/s
Anrakyr + Lychguard reserved

Pre-game, use the Deceiver to deploy the Scythe 12" away. It can't assault but the contents can, so beam them out and go wild.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Soggy Chips posted:

Know of any SW London ways?
I'm going to check out the First founding tonight in Chessington as that's near where I work.

In related London chat, is Salute worth having a look at?

Recently heard about one in Wandsworth that meets at a pub. I’m in SE (Crystal Palace) and my nerd neighbour raves about Warboar in Bromley.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
How well do Harlequins interact with CWE in 8th edition?

I've been thinking of picking up some masqued dancers to paint up as a change of pace from my craftworlders and I realized that they're getting a new codex pretty soon. Could make for an interesting expansion on my Eldar.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
SE London also has Bexley Reapers in Bexley on Mondays. It’s a good club, though I’ve not been for a while as Mondays are not a good day for me, also I have young children. I’ve also used it to form a close group of gaming buddies and we tend to play at each other’s houses, which is nice. Warboar in Bromley is also good.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thanks for the 'Cron input. I'm mostly building them for my brother and he seems pretty sold on having the shields cos they look cool, which is fair enough! Whip coils seem pretty cool to me but the pistol might be decent with Mephrit for having a cheeky extra attack in melee. Brother likes whip coils though, so there we go.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Corrode posted:

Deceiver
Night Scythe/s
Anrakyr + Lychguard reserved

Pre-game, use the Deceiver to deploy the Scythe 12" away. It can't assault but the contents can, so beam them out and go wild.
Oh man, you make me wish I had put my Lychguard together. They're still on the sprue, and no time for it now before I go to slam some hams with fellow goon Soulfucker tomorrow. :smith:

But anyway, speaking of necrons, crossposting from the Keep Painting thread in the off chance it's useful for someone else:

Groetgaffel posted:

Aha! My experimentation have yielded incredible results! :science:

So, my Necron paint scheme, that I've been using since like 4th has the shoulders a metallic red, at the time achieved by many layers of the old Baal Red wash over silver.

Now, while I still have a pretty big reserve of Baal Red, it is finite. But more importantly, it's annoying to work with, and it smells like sweaty balls.

Tonight I discovered that a roughly 2:1 mix of Carroburg Crimson and Bloodletter glaze not only gives me the same hue, it's also easier to work with, and requires fewer coats.

The right pauldron is just plain old Baal Red, five coats.
The left one is the new mix, three coats.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Corrode posted:

Not sure why it was Stig that went up with him. He's a nice dude and excellent painter but a very new and inexperienced player compared to Lawrence. Bone would have been better, although I guess there's an element of who was available to drive up to Nottingham in the middle of a weekday.

I mean the goal is to showcase the Drukhari army so you run to your shop tomorrow to get the codex. It would look pretty bad if they got torn the hell up.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I have the crusader case and I never use it. It's really hard to transport AdMech - so many spiky bits that can break. I've instead got a plastic bin with a lid, glued some sheet metal on the lid and the bottom and magnetized the bases of my guys for easy transport. I'll take a photo of it later today.

Yeah, transporting Admech is a pain in the rear end. Everything is too tall and greebly

Also, Drukhari, and they're from before GW started making overdetailed kits to own the recasters.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
GW release the FAQ so I can fix my Dark Reaper allotment :argh:

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

Yeah I have 15 Blood Angel Scouts and 6 mortar bases to have ready in time for Tides. It's not looking good. Hope you make it in August!

It got worse - I realised I hadn’t revised my planned 1500 list since Battlefield Birmingham, and my current draft still contains 6 fire dragons, despite the fact that me and fire dragons are Not Speaking at the moment.

I should probably just sub in a unit of banshees and a bonesinger, but a traitor part of my brain is asking whether I can paint up a Cabal of the Black Heart patrol in time.

Edit: agreed, release the FAQ GW, I can’t take the fear much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Yeah, transporting Admech is a pain in the rear end. Everything is too tall and greebly

Also, Drukhari, and they're from before GW started making overdetailed kits to own the recasters.

Pretty much all the Daemon models are a pain in the dick. Especially Horrors and Daemonettes.