Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

3 woods, hybrid, putter. Carry on with your ZJ hate though, I agree he's hard to root for.

Reed looking real strong goddammit.

Sergio is over the water with his second shot on 15, huzzah!

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
He might carry a ball retriever next year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BCRock posted:

At work.

And making it difficult to practice.

Please make the cut Tiger...

yoooooo super good dog ITT

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A nearly 6 hour round of golf, jesus

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kuchar you idiot!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Kuchar you idiot!

Fatrick ftw

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
I'm switching to Reed, ok?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope read flames out horribly. I want Normans ghost to reappear and do something. I don't know what. But something worse.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Fatrick ftw

he's playing like it's match play for his country amirite

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

he's playing like it's match play for his country amirite

I don't care if he wins, I just need him to finish higher than the rest of players everyone else picked.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mickelsen seems annoyed that he made the cut. He was looking forward to an early flight home.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Waltzing Along posted:

Mickelsen seems annoyed that he made the cut. He was looking forward to an early flight home.

Yeah he and Tiger are both playing even worse so far today.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Suprfli6 posted:

Yeah he and Tiger are both playing even worse so far today.

Yeah, was just about to post how Tiger is ready to leave, too.

But maybe the course is just extra difficult right now.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I’m going to PGA Superstore to hit some new drivers and compare against my current vapor fly pro before the main coverage comes on. Wish me luck I don’t spend $400 on a new one as my wife will kill me lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

mattfl posted:

I’m going to PGA Superstore to hit some new drivers and compare against my current vapor fly pro before the main coverage comes on. Wish me luck I don’t spend $400 on a new one as my wife will kill me lol

I noticed Fleetwood is still gaming his Vapor Fly Pro 3 wood, he's switched to a TM driver like most of the Nike guys though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Woods miraculous run to a -7 on the day, -3 overall has begun.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I can't believe Tiger went for that shot, the ball was sitting quite a ways down in the pine straw and he made the carry anyway, little more slice and that's on the green. Lucky he didn't clip that tree though.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt

Suprfli6 posted:

I can't believe Tiger went for that shot, the ball was sitting quite a ways down in the pine straw and he made the carry anyway, little more slice and that's on the green. Lucky he didn't clip that tree though.

Well, at this point he's got nothing to lose, so why not?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

Get an M2. I say this as someone who has a full Titleist bag.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I hit a buncha drivers, seems an upgrade to the shaft in my current driver will be more beneficial than a whole new driver. The guy working with me didn’t even try and push anything on me so that was nice. Honestly there’s nothing wrong with my current driver, just wanted to see if the new stuff gave me anything better, not really. He said a shaft with less torque, my current one has around 5.5 and he recommended I find something with 2-3. So I’ll start looking for a new shaft, he said he had one but someone broke it a few days ago or I could’ve tested it. Currently I have a x flex Mitsubishi rayon diamana S+60.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

I hit a buncha drivers, seems an upgrade to the shaft in my current driver will be more beneficial than a whole new driver. The guy working with me didn’t even try and push anything on me so that was nice. Honestly there’s nothing wrong with my current driver, just wanted to see if the new stuff gave me anything better, not really. He said a shaft with less torque, my current one has around 5.5 and he recommended I find something with 2-3. So I’ll start looking for a new shaft, he said he had one but someone broke it a few days ago or I could’ve tested it. Currently I have a x flex Mitsubishi rayon diamana S+60.
FYI, torque is less of a performance factor these days and more about feel, and your S+ isn't that old so the statement applies. Even Rory and Tiger are playing shafts with 3.4* torque.

That said, your S+ 60 xstiff is actually 3.8* so I'm not sure where you got the 5.5* number: http://www.mca-golf.com/products/splus

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

holy dooley Rory McIlroy is not loving around

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

FYI, torque is less of a performance factor these days and more about feel, and your S+ isn't that old so the statement applies. Even Rory and Tiger are playing shafts with 3.4* torque.

That said, your S+ 60 xstiff is actually 3.8* so I'm not sure where you got the 5.5* number: http://www.mca-golf.com/products/splus

Hmm interesting. That was the number they guy at the store gave me. Maybe he wasn’t as smart as he sounded lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

These guys are making this course look so easy compared to the hackers in the morning waves lol.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I thought Hadwin looked smaller than the rest of the guys out there but holy crap dudes only 5'8" 165lbs.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Suprfli6 posted:

These guys are making this course look so easy compared to the hackers in the morning waves lol.

Yea there is some crazy scoring going on.

Fred Couples is leading Tiger by a stroke and he's 58. There is hope for us old guys!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ughhh I'm gonna miss out on seeing Rory win the career slam, only the 6th player ever and only the second (after Tiger) in the last 52 years. Shoulda bought Sunday tickets after Tiger finished +4 yesterday. It looks like I still might be able to get a pair of tickets for $800 but I'd have to find someone to come with me.

Alternatively, following Rory is gonna be a shitshow tomorrow, and I won't be able to bring a cellphone or camera. Maybe I should just watch from home.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Get lost Reed grrrr

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shits about to get weird

edit: https://twitter.com/JasonSobelTAN/status/982728806137057280?s=19

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 7, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/982727889631305729

also inject that picture of Rory standing amongst all the azaleas straight into my veins

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I had flashbacks to 2011. I wonder if he did too.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Go away Reed!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Go Rickie!

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Anybody near the tournament able to change the lie angles and lofts on Reed's clubs real quick without him noticing? Asking for a friend who totally doesn't have a stake in the winner..

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
Shaping up to be a Ryder Cup 2016 Rematch. The only thing better would be a Tiger/Phil finale.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just give Reed the jacket

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Eagles on both of the par fives by Reed, holy poo poo. I think he'll be able to hang on to this tomorrow.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Golf is a lot easier when you eagle the Par 5s. Why didn't I think of that?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Swear to the golfing gods, if he denies Rory the career slam...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The rain turned the course into easy mode

• Locked thread