Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BobbyK posted:

Scott should have married a cat I guess

Well my point was that the person on the phone was very adamant that I not tell anyone that she told me (I am not speaking out of school since I didn't name the vet here) and it kind of proves my theory that it's possible they like to give money without making it public for various reasons. Even with a cat donation she did not want anyone to know about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Something about an article ending a sentence with an exclamation point kind of kills any and all credibility to me. That's National Enquirer poo poo right there.

I don't know anything about Radar Online and whether it's understood if that's the kind of site it is.

That's exactly what Radar Online is: tabloids. Put as much weight into it as you would a National Enquirer story.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

That's exactly what Radar Online is: tabloids. Put as much weight into it as you would a National Enquirer story.

I would put a tiny bit more weight into Radar; the Enquirer is owned by a friend of the current President.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Well my point was that the person on the phone was very adamant that I not tell anyone that she told me (I am not speaking out of school since I didn't name the vet here) and it kind of proves my theory that it's possible they like to give money without making it public for various reasons. Even with a cat donation she did not want anyone to know about it.

I just thought it was funny how in your first post you pointed out people saying if it were a cat Howard and Beth would have helped out and how that showed people with big hearts for animals can have big hearts for people.

And then in your follow up post you gave an example of them helping a cat.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I have to hope that Howard helped Scott privately and doesn't want to get a huge influx of people asking for money because he took care of Scott. Just like if he made it public he helped that kitten suddenly everyone with a sick pet would be writing Howard for money. It is something that rich people do have to deal with. Chris Rock told Howard on the show that people come up to him and ask him for $10,000 like they would ask a regular person for lunch money.

If he really is not giving Scott anything then I think I've lost all my respect for Howard. He has helped Scott out a lot by keeping him employed at Sirius for so long but for how much Scott has gone above and beyond for the show in the past I think Howard could reach into his wallet and give Scott a couple thousand.

But who knows what kind of guy Howard is at this point? The way he unceremoniously seemed to drop all the Howard TV guys so coldly and suddenly makes me think at this point that he's just not a nice person anymore.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Crotch Bat posted:

Scott met his goal in 3 days and Artie's going to headline a benefit for him.

Nice to see the black cloud gently caress off for Scott sometimes :3:

goonbet: "over/under" on if Artie shows up to actually DO the benefit beyond making a grandiose claim he'll never make good on: zero point ZERO
second goonbet: who the loving christ is paying money to see Artie's standup? Why? How come? Eddie Murphy "Raw" is available on DVD at this point for less and has 40,000 more jokes per hour than Artie's standup did at this height (he's still doing the same godawful unwatchable act, 15 years later)

Two Kings posted:

But who knows what kind of guy Howard is at this point? The way he unceremoniously seemed to drop all the Howard TV guys so coldly and suddenly makes me think at this point that he's just not a nice person anymore.

gently caress DePace, he should have bootstrapped his way into not getting fired IMHO.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Two Kings posted:

And the Howard 100 News crew.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Eddie Murphy "Raw" is available on DVD at this point for less and has 40,000 more jokes per hour than Artie's standup did at this height (he's still doing the same godawful unwatchable act, 15 years later)

He has somewhat updated his act with Jerry Sandusky jokes. "Killer poo poo" as the Jokeman would say.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

Former Human posted:

He has somewhat updated his act with Jerry Sandusky jokes. "Killer poo poo" as the Jokeman would say.

Jerry Sandusky is great if you want to walk to St. Louis one weekend.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NEW Gravity.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

And the Howard 100 News crew.

Hey, to be fair, Lisa G's completely believable claim is that she left the show by mutual agreement.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sand Monster posted:

Hey, to be fair, Lisa G's completely believable claim is that she left the show by mutual agreement.

As believable than her DD cup size

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"dob zhelv ligger"

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

"dob zhelv ligger"

Douche

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Not one loving buyback

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

im eggzstremely dumbfounded

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BobbyK posted:

I just thought it was funny how in your first post you pointed out people saying if it were a cat Howard and Beth would have helped out and how that showed people with big hearts for animals can have big hearts for people.

And then in your follow up post you gave an example of them helping a cat.

I guess we'll see tomorrow if he has to break his silence and admit he donated (or make up some lame excuse as to why he didn't). Place your bets, people!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Kathy griffin interview was great and interesting
A first person account of fascism

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kathy griffin loving sucks and deserved everything that happened to her within the industry and she'll be fine.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I dislike her intensely, but she is occasionally funny, and I found her almost completely sympathetic in that interview.

On a different topic, Stern covering Imus's goodbye was amazing... Historic. I've been waiting for that for YEARS. He even went out with a weak burn on Stern and Quivers, and then a fake mic drop.

Sour Shoes riffing on that has been killing me! Funny stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the Imus stuff was funny as gently caress

They topped it off with a vintage sour shoes stream of conscious rant

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I guess we'll see tomorrow if he has to break his silence and admit he donated (or make up some lame excuse as to why he didn't). Place your bets, people!

If he doesn't mention it, someone should call the show and ask.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

If he doesn't mention it, someone should call the show and ask.

He's not going to mention it, and they're not going to put through any callers who want to discuss it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sand Monster posted:

He's not going to mention it, and they're not going to put through any callers who want to discuss it.

Just tell the screener how awesome Howard TV is. Or say you have a question about TM/Chess/Cats.
But even if you got through to ask, you would be instantly dumped and the delay would edit it right out

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised he didn't mention it especially since there was a news story about it. He brought it up when the news came out that he didn't go to Gary's dad's wake.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/nygelt/status/983237846008934400
https://twitter.com/BindiIrwin/status/859861794474434560

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0WmGEe2Lmk

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Hmm, Brandi Carlile, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Amy Schumer.

Three days in a row I skip the interviews.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Hmm, Brandi Carlile, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Amy Schumer.

Three days in a row I skip the interviews.

And coming hot off the heels of Kathy Griffin last week.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lorne Kates

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

This is now a party

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vodka. Straight up. THANK YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUEFVSGMIc

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I now have the tools to keep the weight off.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BobbyK posted:

I have started introducing foods back into my diet.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
baba booey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BobbyK posted:

Cookies are my weakness.