Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

girl pants posted:

A person who is blackout drunk can't consent to sex

Is there a way we can reframe that where I can do whatever I want to people and experience zero negative repercussions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
buy the ticket, take the ride

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Jeza posted:

My [19M] girlfriend [18F] saw a hand print on my back car window and accused me of cheating

quote:

I also noticed that there were doubles of the fingers, so there was 8 instead of 4.

Admit it you son of a bitch you got a super handjob from a very freaky girl with 8 fingers on one hand.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yikes, I bolded the part where it gets even better

My friend of 5 years [21F] is understandably upset with me [21F] following a scary run-in with an Uber driver. I apologized but we're still not speaking and I don't really know what else to do. I feel like a total jackass.

quote:

I know I'm the villain here, and I'm supposed to feel sorrow and remorse, and I do feel bad for leaving her alone like that, it was cruel, but...

I've mostly been frustrated about it. It feels like she's blaming me for everything bad that happened to her on the trip. I'll take the blame for pussying out with the Uber driver debacle, but I think there was also some questionable behavior on her behalf. I've always thought she was too friendly with strangers—and by strangers I mean men—and this isn't the first time she's been unable to remember the sex she had last night or had too much to drink. My other friend has talked to her about her questionable life decisions before and they've argued about it on many occasions, but even she's on better terms with Skye right now than I am.

OP wanted her friend to suffer for being "too friendly".

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

girl pants posted:

A person who is blackout drunk can't consent to sex

It's really hard to tell sometimes when experienced drinkers are in a blackout. They will chat, pay the tab, drink more, and flirt with you. Once you have your tolerance up that high, you can operate almost normally and still remember nothing the next day.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

Is there a way we can reframe that where I can do whatever I want to people and experience zero negative repercussions?

Uh grow a y chromosome.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

new phone who dis posted:

It's really hard to tell sometimes when experienced drinkers are in a blackout. They will chat, pay the tab, drink more, and flirt with you. Once you have your tolerance up that high, you can operate almost normally and still remember nothing the next day.

That's what all the date rapists say.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Cool to see the bona fide rapers in here

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Pick posted:

Can you grow a penis

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Midnight Voyager posted:

That's what all the date rapists say.

Not a rapist but I was a blackout drinker for a time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Midnight Voyager posted:

Never take risks or some shitlord on the internet will float in off his high horse, point to a mistake you made, and go "You deserve harm because you are a fallible human. Besides, it was EASY to get out of that situation anyway."

Your girlfriend who you are so magnanimously protecting from potential bad decisions by not letting her make them.

Maybe I'm just a "woke fucko", but you put so many lovely words out here at once that I'm honestly having a lovely word overload. I need to remind myself to look at people's extensive rap sheets before I reply to things.

You're intentionally misreading it. Or you're looking for a reason to be argumentative?

The girl explicitly stated her concerns about staying with Matt and did so anyway. How can that kind of myopia be condoned or celebrated in any conceivable way?

I said I wasn't detracting from the Uber story because that was hosed up and her lovely friend did nothing to help.

Idk why protecting somebody you care about from making potentially bad decisions is somehow inherently bad? What am I unenlightened about here?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

girl pants posted:

Can you grow a penis

In multiple senses, yes

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I have never forced sex upon anyone and have no plans to, but I did wear a polo with a popped collar once, so really

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Not to perform the ritual of summoning tfr goons but is she sure it's an actual "assault rifle" or did she just hear gun and picture some big black full auto scary thing? Like if we're just talking about a hunting rifle then I honestly don't see anything wrong with teaching an 11 year old how to responsibly handle guns that way, particularly if he's shown an interest in them.

Also lol she did not give up primary custody simply because she had a "bad lawyer".

***appears in a poof of black powder smoke***

it's almost definitely (99.99% not an actual "assault rifle" (NFA machine gun), it's probably a semi-automatic rifle of some kind (though it could be bolt action), which could be anything from a 10-22 (which can look like anything), a .22 that looks like an AR (like a 15-22), a wood stocked hunting rifle, an actual AR in 5.56, or something dumb like a FAL

if it's not a .22 of some type, I'll say there are very reasonable odds it actually is an AR, because of the appeal to an airsofting tween and excellent price/quality ratio for anyone doing target shooting (and potentially hunting depending on caliber), but beyond magazine size/caliber there's not actually much functional difference between any of the above options and how dangerous/irresponsible it is will have very little to do with the appearance of the gun and quite a bit to do with storage/parenting

look on the bright side- at least he's not buying the kid an ATV

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
can we have one thread that isn't about edgy gender politics or gun control?

God: "no"

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I'd say it's almost definitely a Ruger .22 of some kind if the father knows anything about guns. Whatever your personal opinions on guns, the truth of the matter is that people who don't like them, as the mother very obviously does not, really...don't tend to know anything about them, most of the time(Y'know, obviously)so I can't really trust her when she says he's getting his eleven year old a loving assault rifle.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Jeza posted:

We'll move on to some other dumb subject soon enough, just go off and search for something to top this in our attention spans

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeza posted:

Amen

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Theophany posted:

You're intentionally misreading it. Or you're looking for a reason to be argumentative?

The girl explicitly stated her concerns about staying with Matt and did so anyway. How can that kind of myopia be condoned or celebrated in any conceivable way?

I said I wasn't detracting from the Uber story because that was hosed up and her lovely friend did nothing to help.

Idk why protecting somebody you care about from making potentially bad decisions is somehow inherently bad? What am I unenlightened about here?

She made a mistake, it does not mean she reaped what she sowed. It means she made a mistake.

People drinking too much and getting taken advantage of isn't "well, they shoulda known better!" It is a mistake. They don't deserve what happens just because an ideal mind makes no mistakes.

OP admits they "made" her stay with him. And if they're her only friends around, she didn't have that much choice unless she can pull out enough money for a hotel offhand. I'm not "celebrating" or "condoning" it, I'm understanding it and saying it doesn't take anything away from the whole rape thing.

And if she's blackout drunk? Yeah, he raped her.

Talking about stuff you don't Let your significant other do that isn't "gently caress other people" just sounds kinda weird and it got some shrapnel while I was at it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ArbitraryC posted:

buy the ticket, take the ride

wow it sucks that women like can't have sex with men

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Jeza posted:

Help us (44 m, 43 f) get our son (17m) out of the alt right.

get rid of internet for the whole house

not a joke, i had a friend whose daughter was flunking out of school and dropping out of life bc of anxiety and internet addiction, and part of how they got her back and engaged in the real world was no functional internet in the house.

my friend herself had a smartphone she kept close and that's what she'd use if work needed her to access internet.

later when her kid was doing better, she got her a smartphone as well. still no wi-fi for the house though, and the kid is one of the more balanced kids of the internet age because she basically had to give up camping a computer screen to go into real life

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

LGD posted:

***appears in a poof of black powder smoke***

it's almost definitely (99.99% not an actual "assault rifle" (NFA machine gun), it's probably a semi-automatic rifle of some kind (though it could be bolt action), which could be anything from a 10-22 (which can look like anything), a .22 that looks like an AR (like a 15-22), a wood stocked hunting rifle, an actual AR in 5.56, or something dumb like a FAL

if it's not a .22 of some type, I'll say there are very reasonable odds it actually is an AR, because of the appeal to an airsofting tween and excellent price/quality ratio for anyone doing target shooting (and potentially hunting depending on caliber), but beyond magazine size/caliber there's not actually much functional difference between any of the above options and how dangerous/irresponsible it is will have very little to do with the appearance of the gun and quite a bit to do with storage/parenting

look on the bright side- at least he's not buying the kid an ATV

I'd rather a dumb kid buy a machine to kill himself than a machine to kill others.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Midnight Voyager posted:

OP admits they "made" her stay with him. And if they're her only friends around, she didn't have that much choice unless she can pull out enough money for a hotel offhand.

i mean, she suggested it's better for a tourist to stay in queens over manhattan, which is absolutely true, and Texas Girl agreed

I didn't get the sense that she 'made' her

maybe i misread somewhere?

not touching the rape debate with a ten foot pole, i already put in my time today

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

get rid of internet for the whole house

not a joke, i had a friend whose daughter was flunking out of school and dropping out of life bc of anxiety and internet addiction, and part of how they got her back and engaged in the real world was no functional internet in the house.

my friend herself had a smartphone she kept close and that's what she'd use if work needed her to access internet.

later when her kid was doing better, she got her a smartphone as well. still no wi-fi for the house though, and the kid is one of the more balanced kids of the internet age because she basically had to give up camping a computer screen to go into real life

Honestly, since they can't figure out how he's getting net access, my money's on him accessing a neighbor's unprotected wifi. So that might not help!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i mean, she suggested it's better for a tourist to stay in queens over manhattan, which is absolutely true, and Texas Girl agreed

I didn't get the sense that she 'made' her

maybe i misread somewhere?

not touching the rape debate with a ten foot pole, i already put in my time today

She used the words "I made her stay there." I'm going by that.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

Did Matt actually rape her? Because this is unclear. Seems like she got piss drunk and made bad decisions.

There have been a couple of cases in court recently that have ruled that being drunk doesn't automatically invalidate consent, ie you make poo poo decisions when you're drunk but that doesn't mean that you were incapable of making that decision. Without wishing to court the ire of the turbo woke fuckos of this thread, if you can't handle your liquor and put yourself into those situations you're kind of inviting those interactions; in the same way that leaving your cell phone on the dash of your convertible is asking for it to get stolen.

Does that mean Matt or this bumpkin's idiot friend are absolved? No, he is a gross idiot for creeping on and taking advantage of a drunk girl and the friend is a self-involved vapid moron. With all that in mind though, we live in an imperfect world and you should have the presence of mind to not put yourself in stupid, perilous situations like that.

And yes, it loving suuuuucks that we live in a lovely world where you have to plan your life around being safe. There are places in London I absolutely will not go to after dark for the exact same reasons, but I worry that sometimes people disappear up their own loving arses believing that being a victim means you're beyond criticism because the two absolutely are not mutually exclusive and it's a dumb, toxic, self-perpetuating mentality to think it to be so.

you can't give consent while "piss drunk" so yes, she was raped

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Midnight Voyager posted:

Honestly, since they can't figure out how he's getting net access, my money's on him accessing a neighbor's unprotected wifi. So that might not help!

you'd think they'd have figured that out though? or maybe they're such tech illiterates they don't know

i just figured the kid knew how to mess with the settings on the modem bc it's not THAT hard

Midnight Voyager posted:

She used the words "I made her stay there." I'm going by that.

eh, i got the sense that's some guilt or self-blame talking since Texas Girl does know both Matt and OP as 'friends'

but perhaps i'm wrong! (fwiw yes she was raped)

still, it is hard for me to blame OP for trusting a friend to take care of Texas Girl. he was hosting her and took horrible advantage :( the guilt falls on him

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 7, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Blade Runner posted:

We'll move on to some other dumb subject soon enough, just go off and search for something to top this in our attention spans

My [31M] wife [30F] of five years tricked me into getting her pregnant with a second child she knew I was against...

quote:

I am here for advice and perspective. Thank you in advance.

My wife and I have been married for five years. We have a three year old son. She has made it clear that she would like a second child. I have made it clear that I wasn't ready until we got our relationship and finances in order, and then planned properly. We planned properly for our first, why not our second?

She informed me this week that she was pregnant - at most six weeks. She told me she stopped taking birth control in March because she "ran out". We have insurance and disposable income - "running out" is no excuse. She also never initiates sex. She initiated sex in April while she was not on birth control.

I feel like a tremendous breach of trust occurred. I feel violated. She stands firm that she did not intentionally trick me into getting her pregnant. I stand firm that deciding to stop taking a daily pill and deciding to keep it from your husband is willful.

Additionally, we had an amazing European vacation planned over the summer. We would have flown into Amsterdam for a few days, do a day trip to Brussels, train to Paris for a few days, then train to Barcelona for a few days. She didn't want to do the sightseeing in Brussels and Paris. She wanted to enjoy the vices Amsterdam and Barcelona have to offer. I modified the itinerary to suit her preference. Everything is paid for and nothing is fully refundable. We will waste ~$1,500 on penalties and refund fees.

This timing also will likely result in double deductibles for insurance. We also have an insurance plan ill-suited for pregnancy because we were planning on not having a baby. I would have much preferred to be able to switch to a plan that would provide better service at a better price. On top of that, we just slashed our emergency fund to the bare minimum to pay off a chunk of debt.

We are both generally against abortion. I contend that conception does not equal personhood. Personhood begins once the brain is formed/functioning and the fetus responds to stimuli. I do not feel week six meets that threshold. Our prior discourse on abortion in general was 10 weeks being the legal stopping point. Her position has instantly changed. She is adamant about going through with the pregnancy. I am not here to argue abortion, for or against, with anyone. Thank you.

I am disgusted by this. Imagine if the roles were reversed for a moment: Wife doesn't want to get pregnant, husband wants a child, wife and husband agree to use condoms, husband damages condoms in order to force pregnancy on wife. That's loving horrible right?

Our relationship hasn't been great since our son was born. We disagree on pretty much everything, the division of labor in the household is quite unequal, and our sex life is unhealthy. Our three year old son is the glue that holds us together.

I am seriously considering divorce. I seriously don't want divorce. I don't want to lose my son. My whole reason for waking up in the morning is my three year old son. I want to provide the best possible chance at life he can get. I don't believe that is possible with divorced parents. I don't want to see him only eight days out of the month if I am lucky. Just thinking about it is soul crushing.

And how would picking up my son eight days a month go? I would also be picking up the new child. The new child that I resent for destroying my marriage and taking away my son. Do you know how bad that sounds? I feel like the worst human being in the world for resenting a child that doesn't even exist yet. And how do I morally divorce a woman pregnant with my child? I break down thinking about it.

Divorce has other problems too. Child support will likely consume 40% of my pay due to our income disparity. I expect even more due to increased taxation for being single. Then I will have alimony and residual debt to pay down at less than 60% of my normal income. Also, my work is determined by annual contracts. If for whatever reason I don't get on the next contract or I get lowballed, I will have to move out of the area to find work.

So what do I do? Do I just humbly accept that I am hosed and live unhappily and hurt for 18 years? The alternative seems just as appealing.

TL;DR: Wife quit birth control without informing husband. Wife knew husband wasn't ready for second child. Husband considering divorce. Everyone loses.

i want to get off MR BONES' WILD RIDE

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeza posted:

My [31M] wife [30F] of five years tricked me into getting her pregnant with a second child she knew I was against...

i want to get off MR BONES' WILD RIDE

he should record her admitting to her deception and take it to the police - rape by deception is a serious crime

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Controversial opinion: if a dude is loving a lady and gets her pregnant and tells her he's not ready to be a dad but she wants to keep it because SHE'S ready for a baby, I think it's ok to leave that lady to do it on their own. It can be Her Kid, she's making that choice. You can't force her not to have it, but she shouldn't be able to force you into a family you're not willing to have. You shouldn't HAVE to take care of the child, because the assumption that having sex will equal you promising to Raise The Baby should it appear is pretty drat bold.

While I get that it's real lovely to be a deadbeat dad, it's crazy how we feel that men should 'man up' if they get a woman pregnant and just deal with it if she decides to Play Family on her own while dragging him into it.

(for reference, I am a lady who thinks this)

can we just point this out as a thing that has literally never happened

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

can we just point this out as a thing that has literally never happened

I think "force you into a family" is exactly equal to child support payments for these people. Obviously nobody is legally required to actually join as man and wife in 2018.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
NO

I KNOW I STARTED IT BUT WE FINISHED THAT

(and I'm talking about people who expect that one Must Stay and become a Proud Father because you can shoot sperm outta your dick and it met with their egg, and the social expectations built around that which can hurt us all, less so than child support)

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 7, 2018

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think "force you into a family" is exactly equal to child support payments for these people. Obviously nobody is legally required to actually join as man and wife in 2018.

you don't have to pay child support if you were raped

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah this seems about right but I want to personally kick the poo poo out of anyone who cares about this because they suck rear end by necessity.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

My [16M] girlfriend [16F] got pregnant on purpose. HELP

quote:

I have been with Lindsey for about seven months now. She got on birth control a month into our relationship and at two months, we became sexually active. She takes birth control AND I use condoms just to be extra safe. We both talked about it, agreed we wanted to be extra safe and not have children. She ALWAYS talked about getting married when we grew up. I may have halfheartedly agreed but told her I wanted to live before I settled down. She was always offended and claimed I didn't love her enough.

She is a babysitter. She loves babies. She loves changing their diapers and playing with them. I always thought it was cute and I have gone with her to babysit before. We have played with them together and she has always commented on how wonderful it was to see me interact with a child. I always blew it off and said I was just being nice cause I mean, I wasn't going to be mean to a baby.

Well, we always have sex at her house. I share a room with one of my brothers, so our only option is her house. She has a bathroom connected to her room and under the sink is where we store my condoms. Usually I am the one to grab them, but weeks ago, she began claiming she needed to use the bathroom before we had sex and would grab the condom on the way out. I never really noticed anything wrong with them.

Well, on Monday she texts me, "Good news!" and I ask her what is up. She says, "Can you come over?" So I drive over to her house and she is sitting in her room with the biggest loving smile on her face and points to the bathroom. In to the bathroom I go and there are three positive pregnancy tests sitting on the counter. I run back into her room and beg her to tell me those are jokes. She was really confused and asked me why she would fake something this wonderful. I asked her if she had any more tests left and she said she had two, so I forced her into the bathroom and I stood in front of her while she pissed on the stick and lo and behold, it's loving positive. I ask her how the gently caress this happens.

She told me she forgot to take a pill or two. I demand to know how many and WHY she didn't tell me she missed a pill. She told me she didn't think it was a big deal and at this point I was beyond angry and betrayed and upset and I asked her what the gently caress we were going to do. And she told me like it was obvious. "Jake... we're going to keep it." I told her gently caress no, gently caress no times a million. I told her I did not want this child. She refused to get an abortion because this child was meant to happen. I told her I didn't want to see her and I left her crying in her room.

She texted me earlier saying she had an appointment with the doctor tomorrow at 2:30 and that her and her mom wanted me there. I am freaking out. My parents are going to be disappointed and overwhelmed. I already have three brothers and four sisters all living at home, I am the second oldest, and now I'm expecting a child.

I'm so hosed. Reddit, advice? Any teen parents out there?

tl;dr girlfriend purposely stopped taking birth control and possibly hosed up my condoms to get pregnant.

i warn you, im armed with several more contentious pregnancy posts!!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yeah this seems about right but I want to personally kick the poo poo out of anyone who cares about this because they suck rear end by necessity.

(i actually wasn't talking about child support lol. but seriously WE DONE WITH THIS)

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
When I said "take responsibility for" I meant "pay child support" if being involved in the kid's life isn't your bag

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

(i actually wasn't talking about child support lol. but seriously WE DONE WITH THIS)

The fact that you responded tells me you aren't done with this.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jeza posted:

My [16M] girlfriend [16F] got pregnant on purpose. HELP

Just join the military and move away, dude. They'll take part of your pay and give it to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Jeza posted:

Are you sure you want this? I'm capable of being extremely obtuse and argumentative