Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kitfox88 posted:

So do the lottery boost ces work like the ones from knk where they make more enemies appear or should I not bother unless I'm specifically trying to farm specific manuscripts

IIRC, they don't increase the total number of enemies, so yeah, unless you're shooting for a specific manuscript, don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A wave of salt just hit me like a train a few minutes ago when I was watching a video of some rear end in a top hat Special Summoning his 5th Jalter from the shop, so I looked up a calculator to tell me what probability states my odds of getting Jalter should have been with all the SQ and tickets I had, including the SQ I plan on getting next Friday to bring my SQ total up to 1000.

According to this calculator I had a close to 90% chance of getting her, proving to anybody who uses probability as a source of hope that it's a pile of bullshit. Don't believe those fuckers who say that 300 SQ gets you a close to 50% chance of getting the rate up, it's all garbage. You cannot even begin to imagine my salt right now. 1% is still 1%, no matter what.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the_steve posted:

IIRC, they don't increase the total number of enemies, so yeah, unless you're shooting for a specific manuscript, don't bother.

Yeah, they exclusively weight the true/fake ratio, so you're losing drops if you're using one over a SoC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
PM me if you or someone you know wants to start new with a good start.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would still recommend MLBing them later on though, Merciless especially is useful for strats.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Gologle posted:

I would still recommend MLBing them later on though, Merciless especially is useful for strats.

Merciless is the one you DON'T want to MLB I thought, if you're doing soloing strats. Maiden's a much more reasonable MLB since it's a pretty good combo damage booster and star genner for a damage dealer.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I suppose you're right, 20% NP gain isn't much better than 15%, and you can split them to equal more in the long run.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Real/Fake boost caps at 200% no matter how many you have on so there's no reason not to MLB the two.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Today I realized I don't own a single 5 * servant. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed til now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This Caster stage is pretty great and I'm trying to speed level my Martha now cause it takes a bit too long with just her, Ushi and anyone with a MLB'd Mona Lisa CE. Which usually happens to be a Marie.
Tarasque is really silly.

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 6, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Okay, I'll stick with using Kouhai/Jeanne Classic/friend list Jeanne Bitter w/ SoC

I might not have rolled Jalter but I drat well got a shitton of event CEs so I've been farming the berserker mission as my AP refills to get mona lisas and manuscripts. :geno:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I need friends please: 322 645 835

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Tae posted:

Sent you a request

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tae posted:

Just cleared a few inactive players from my friend list, so request sent.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tae posted:

Sent a request as Misery

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

That starting lineup is pretty great.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tae posted:

Sent ya one as Faran

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tae posted:

Incoming friend request from Stigrbrand

Edit:
455,059,060 if anyone wants to add me. Lemme know if you do, or be on the Friend List so I know you're a Goon.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Tae posted:

Did you reroll just to get Jalter?

Sent a request, ign Celeste.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

Did you reroll just to get Jalter?

Sent a request, ign Celeste.

Yeah, Jalter is my favorite character design since before I even knew she was a servant. And not like my previous account had anything special beyond Dantes.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Tae posted:

Yeah, Jalter is my favorite character design since before I even knew she was a servant. And not like my previous account had anything special beyond Dantes.

Well that's a really good starter at least!

Sent as Ceramics.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish jalter would come home so she could stand next to my level 100 bryn

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

Only had one person on my list that has been inactive for longer than a day or two. Sent you a request as Ran.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Vitruvian Man and Self-Portraits are gonna be a cinch to collect with 4 CEs for each and a MLB'd support one. I get more Vitruvian Man in the Lancer stage from the bonus drops than from the actual drops.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm looking at the title of the next main quest "The Cool Guys of Art and Science".

Guys, I think it's safe to say the translation has officially improved.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I want to do the Arash route in this dating sim.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tae posted:

:hf:

I realized I never actually read the story before. Man, there's a lot of typos and grammar errors in Fuyuki!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

I appreciate that.

Le Grondement de la Haine (were it spelled properly) is a great NP. Only characters I like more than JAlter are Musashi and Semiramis.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Sent a friend request as Revolver to the people who just posted theirs, 030 499 545. Just started playing a week ago so I figured I should get some goon friends.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Traveller posted:

It's a pretty straight-forward route but it does end with a bang.

EDIT: Christ, I already have four people on my friends list with 100 Jalters.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

RevolverDivider posted:

Sent a friend request as Revolver to the people who just posted theirs, 030 499 545. Just started playing a week ago so I figured I should get some goon friends.

Sent you a request, and since I have 35 free friend slots, figured I could put mine up too. 030 500 853

In other news, earlier today I heard someone say "Marie Antoinette's famous phrase" and my mind immediately went to "Wassup my homies" before I realized that probably wasn't what they meant.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I may not be one of the lucky jalter havers, but my new CEs are already helping to make some silly things happen. Turns out a LZO Herc crit solves a lot of things :v:.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Traveller posted:

:yeah:

Arash is the best.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My Jalter is stuck on 70. :(

I cleared the mana prisms and now have 2500. How many will I likely end the event with for personal training?

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Argh!!! All these lucky bastards on my friends list with Jalter, and not a single one with MLB Art of Death. While I have 3 MLB and 4 extra.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

AtheistMantis posted:

Argh!!! All these lucky bastards on my friends list with Jalter, and not a single one with MLB Art of Death. While I have 3 MLB and 4 extra.

Goddamn O_O 3 MLBs of one good CE?

I thought i was lucky with my CE drops with 2 MLB Kaleidos.

Oh Tae you need further friends. I have a few nice people : 560,565,603

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Raenir Salazar posted:

I cleared the mana prisms and now have 2500. How many will I likely end the event with for personal training?

I don't think Personal Training is worth it, outside of maybe 1 copy for the art.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Someone with better math ability than me should figure out how many quartz you'd need to spend to max her out on average. That should make you feel less bad. :v:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh, lucky. I got a Super Success and then a Great Success from begrudgingly shoving exp into Caesar, so he shot up his weak last final ten levels without me having to invest a crazy amount into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
After steadfastly refusing to gain anything but normal successes for most of his levels, Cuzilla obliged by giving me a Great Success for the last burst of level 84 all the way to max 90.

Thanks big guy.