Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

fullTimeLurker posted:

Just used a 5ex ticket and pulled a Marie.

Other than her TM is she worth leveling at this point? I’ve already beaten Marlboro and all the other trials so far.

She uses Support and Guard for her stuff, which honestly isn't too bad. You kind of want a Rikku Pouch or something else on her though since apart from Lovely Guard and Love You All, she has basically nothing else to offer. They are, however, really solid when you need them.

She's been one of my MVPs in a few trials, especially Sheraten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Japan is getting CG Folka next, a water based healer with imperils and split mitigations w abilities. She also has def/spr break resitances and top tier MP recovery at the cost of limit break consumption. Could be pretty good but all 7* healers (except eiko) are pretty good already.

More importantly 20 anniversary xenogears raid out of loving nowhere

omg please give us a xenogears banner.

i still stand by disc 2 being a masterpiece, even if the completed project would have been miles better

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
She’s still a good general coverage support. 50% resist-all with curaga-per-turn level regen for 5 turns. Protection from status ailments for 5 turns, 40% imperil all. You can give her a pod and she can keep up everything a significant portion of any fight.

I think the biggest detriment to her (for me at least) is that regen doesn’t stack with other sources. If they did I would definitely use Roy and Marie for almost everything. Her heal just doesn’t quite cut it any more for the tougher fights.

E: this assumes you have a 5* bard and/or healer. She’s still excellent and outshines or compliments plenty of the other 4* supports.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 6, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Victis posted:

Marie is cool and good, but if you don't need her you don't need her? Her reflect stacks with Carbuncle so it's pretty nasty for trials too

They patched it so that multiple Reflects no longer stack. I'm told that you can fire her LB in between dualcasts, but if your timing is off you risk hitting yourself with the second spell.

If anyone is using my Noctis to clear LGD, I just awakened his Link+2 to fill his LB gauge, since I just learned if it's not ready by the last stage then he will be killed.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Well so I've been running the 100% evasion Tidus for LGD a couple of runs now.

His LB fills up so fast so it's almost guaranteed to be up by the time you reach the boss.

Auto attack with everyone but the escaper to build limit (if you bring Yuna, use that ability that fills summon meter).

Escape each turn unless you hit bonus enemies, make sure you kill those.

On the boss, LB the bottom guy. If you have a Yuna, have her summon Leviathan at this point for massive damage with the LB's 100% water imperil. You could also do it with Seymour if you have a full summon meter.

Tidus will take some damage the first round but I haven't had him die yet. Quick Hit should finish off the bottom guy on the second round, then you can sleep walk to a win.

I'll leave it up to you guys, do you want an ELT carry Seymour or LGD carry Tidus for my friend? I haven't run this one enough times to know for sure if he could carry it without Yuna but I can't see why not.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

arisu posted:

Well so I've been running the 100% evasion Tidus for LGD a couple of runs now.

His LB fills up so fast so it's almost guaranteed to be up by the time you reach the boss.

Auto attack with everyone but the escaper to build limit (if you bring Yuna, use that ability that fills summon meter).

Escape each turn unless you hit bonus enemies, make sure you kill those.

On the boss, LB the bottom guy. If you have a Yuna, have her summon Leviathan at this point for massive damage with the LB's 100% water imperil. You could also do it with Seymour if you have a full summon meter.

Tidus will take some damage the first round but I haven't had him die yet. Quick Hit should finish off the bottom guy on the second round, then you can sleep walk to a win.

I'll leave it up to you guys, do you want an ELT carry Seymour or LGD carry Tidus for my friend? I haven't run this one enough times to know for sure if he could carry it without Yuna but I can't see why not.

Are you getting a base Al Bhed Primer drop of ~675 with the escapes? I saw some dude on reddit say that the the trash mobs were dropping close to 20 event currency each round, but no one seems to have collaborated it.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Hmm, I've been getting a base of 600 each time. I guess I'll try killing some trash and see how much it changes by.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

arisu posted:

Hmm, I've been getting a base of 600 each time. I guess I'll try killing some trash and see how much it changes by.

The wiki says LGD should be 680 and I think that's close to what I got when I cleared every round with my non-bonus unit team for the "Party of 4 or less" mission. This lends credence to the the trash dropping 20 currency per round, which might change the NRG efficiency math if you need to escape on LGD.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m not grinding my way through the trash - too much pain. I did put together a Noctis that solos it just fine with the aforementioned methods. Link is the only active ability I cared about leveling for him; Link/escape for 2 rounds will get you a full bar. LB on the bottom guy to survive the magic damage, then PBWS demolishes him. Once he’s dead you’re invincible.

He’s shared, check the spreadsheet if you don’t already have me friended.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 6, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
My 4 LGD runs agree with 20/trash mob round and 600 for the ronsos. In my last run I killed rounds 1, 2, and 4, escaped round 3, and my total after boss round 5 was 660. My earlier all-escape runs were 600 each.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was about to complain how I can't really get through the event using the 100% boost units and then remembered you're just supposed to run away. That simplifies things.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

jaclynhyde posted:

Dumped all my tickets and an 11-pull chasing Yuna because I love her. Final results:

14 Wakkas
6 Seymours
1 Lulu
1 BS Sakura #2

...I'll take it!

Same except it was two pulls and all I got was 3 Seymours and an Aranaea.

I am unsure how I dodged every Wakka.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I...I was just trying to burn a few (9) tickets to get back down to round numbers and maybe get some bonus units.

Now I have a 7* Lulu.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

I...I was just trying to burn a few (9) tickets to get back down to round numbers and maybe get some bonus units.

Now I have a 7* Lulu.

Guess I wasn't the only one the game decided to rain Lulu's on.

Good news is that, similar to Barb, you can keep her thundaja stack through a flood chain and she can *almost* finish with it. I'm not sure exactly how it works because I'm just enjoying chaining the three I have with a friend Lulu for ridiculously high chain numbers, but apparently people are suggesting she might get higher rated than she was in JP but I kind of doubt it because at the end of the day she's still just a MAG finisher with really good coverage.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So I assume her LB isn’t worth leveling since it’s just pure damage?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

omg please give us a xenogears banner.

i still stand by disc 2 being a masterpiece, even if the completed project would have been miles better

Holy gently caress. I would drain all 25k Lapis I have on that.

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

Started playing again, added myself back to the sheet.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

YESSSSSSSSS on a whim I decided to chase a second Tidus by throwing all my 4* tickets at the previous FFX banner, thinking that if anything I would get some nice moogles out of it.

Did not get it with my 8 tickets, but threw in one 3* on a whim for a 9th pull and hey, Tidus! I've got my own chaining Tidus partner now, hell yea 8)

Also one more good unit ready for 7*

EDIT: Between chasing CG Fina and chasing Tidus, and actually getting both of them, I feel like this game is being too nice to me now and this will come to bite me sometime in the future.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 7, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Beatrix today fishing for a Lulu or two.

I mean, I'll take it, but it's always so weird when you get an off-banner rainbow.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, I'll take it, but it's always so weird when you get an off-banner rainbow.

Yeah I got a rainbow fishing for bonus units. Ended up being Basch #2

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

I mean while whaling for CG Fina I got Ayaka so :shrug:

Arguably a better outcome even if CG Fina is miles cooler than Ayaka.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

I threw 10 tickets at the banner hoping to get a couple bonus units since I've been jamming together all my Wakkas. Gold crystal came down, shattered, reformed to rainbow, and.....Dark Fina?

How hard did I just get boned? :smith:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh boy, another Wakka but he now goes up to 6*.

Are any of the FFX units good healers? I’m kind of lacking in that department, and pretty much rely on Rikku for Al Bhed potion and Noctis for Cover and Hyper Mighty G gives me a re-raise.

Or would I be better off just crafting some spells and slapping them onto B Sage Sakura?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I threw 10 tickets at the banner hoping to get a couple bonus units since I've been jamming together all my Wakkas. Gold crystal came down, shattered, reformed to rainbow, and.....Dark Fina?

How hard did I just get boned? :smith:

Pretty hard, there are 4* base mages who are better than Dark Fina. Her TM is pretty good for mages though.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Burned a 3* ticket, and finally got me my goddamn turtlebro, Cagnazzo.

All I need is Barbaricca and I can field Golbez, Rubicante, Barb, Scarmiligione, and Cagnazzo in Arena for no reason other than the fact I could and it'd be fun.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Kumog posted:

All I need is Barbaricca and I can field Golbez, Rubicante, Barb, Scarmiligione, and Cagnazzo in Arena for no reason other than the fact I could and it'd be fun.

Not gonna lie, I'm slowly building this team too though its been put on hold because I have actual characters I might use to level at the moment.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh boy. Daily Freebie was Desch, Log In Ticket was Conrad, and Daily Half was CG Lasswell. Isn't he bascailly like the Bedile of the current CG Units we have?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

Oh boy. Daily Freebie was Desch, Log In Ticket was Conrad, and Daily Half was CG Lasswell. Isn't he bascailly like the Bedile of the current CG Units we have?

Uhm, I guess technically he'd be lower rated than CG Sakura or CG Fina but considering he's way better than them at 7* and one of the top rated 7* characters it's a bit strange to compare him to Bedile.

edit: I normally don't watch YouTubers pulling for character videos, but YouTube recommended this one to me and I recognized the name as that dude that always whales his way to the top of every event. Just in case people think that FFBE gives some kind of bonus luck to people who spend a ton of money; this video is the proof they don't. I think this guy spent more pulling for Yuna than I will all year. Someone in the comments said it was 38 10+1 pulls(190,000 lapis spent), and 30~ tickets.

tldr: Dyer spent over around 200k worth of lapis chasing Yuna, resulting in around 450 pulls totals with 16 total rainbows, 4 of which were on banner (3 Lulus and 1 Yuna).

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 7, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I must have thrown about 12 tickets and 2 daily pulls at this banner so far, and only pulled one Wakka and one Seymour to show for it.

What's up with the on banner pull rates lately?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Uhm, I guess technically he'd be lower rated than CG Sakura or CG Fina but considering he's way better than them at 7* and one of the top rated 7* characters it's a bit strange to compare him to Bedile.

The Goon-maintained Rank Sheet has him just outside of the Top 10 (he's #11), and he's below Fina & Sakura, but mainly, I never see anyone talk about how great he is when they talk about 7*s, so I thought that he was the worst of them. I suppose Bedile was a poor comparison; he's just the unit I think of when I think of low ranked units.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I don't normally watch YouTubers pulling for character videos, but YouTube recommended this one to me and I recognized the name as that dude that always whales his way to the top of every event. Just in case people think that FFBE gives some kind of bonus luck to people who spend a ton of money; this video is the proof they don't. I think this guy spent more pulling for Yuna than I will all year. Someone in the comments said it was 38 10+1 pulls(190,000 lapis spent), and 30~ tickets.

tldr: Dyer spent over around 200k worth of lapis chasing Yuna, resulting in around 450 pulls totals with 16 total rainbows, 4 of which were on banner (3 Lulus and 1 Yuna).

Kheldarn posted:

The Goon-maintained Rank Sheet has him just outside of the Top 10 (he's #11), and he's below Fina & Sakura, but mainly, I never see anyone talk about how great he is when they talk about 7*s, so I thought that he was the worst of them. I suppose Bedile was a poor comparison; he's just the unit I think of when I think of low ranked units.

At 7* he becomes a chainer with Orlandeau frames. The main reason people don't really talk about him is because DW has fallen out of favor in the JP meta; however CG Lasswell is still quite strong. I'd personally rather pull him than CG Sakura or CG Fina because I plan on upgrading T.Terra and Ayaka to 7*, while another chaining partner for Orlandeau/DV at 7* would be great.

Also if you look at that ranking, you'll notice that most of the characters above him are support, MAGes, or tanks. The only physical attackers listed higher than him are Loren and Randi(who was limited and I believe would be excluded from being obtained by a UoC ticket). This isn't to say that units like A2 or Fryevia won't end up higher than him, but he's still going to be good and if you don't have Loren then a serious consideration for a UoC ticket.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 7, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wanted a Wakka or Seymour for more bonus currency so I did both free pulls for yesterday and today close to each other, did a half pull, and used a 4* ticket.
I got Zarg, Gladio, TT and Olive #2. That makes 11 rainbows since the CGFina banner. Starting to worry I'm using all my luck preemptively.
On the other hand gently caress yeah Trance Terra! Time to bulldoze some tough content.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I really should enhance one of my TTerras and actually use her some. That need for spark chaining to make her really shine though... :effort:

At least I have a second one so when 7* comes out I'll be able to turn her in to a quad chaos wave using monster.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kumog posted:

I actually just finished levelling Barby and formed a team with those five to do low rank missions with.

Forming that team has given me more glee in this game than any 5* rainbow find.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I put up my Tidus+2. He has 125% Man Killer and 175% Beast Killer, along with 100% evade. And of course, Quick Hit+2 which is a 7.2x mod ability, which is kind of insane. Too bad he doesn't count as a bonus unit.

He can almost solo LGD by himself. He needs a little help from a 4* lvl 60 seymour's "Insane Darkness" to apply a 50% dark imperil at the start of the boss fight. But with that he will 2-turn the bottom Ronso with Quick Hit+2 even if he heals up, and then it's just a matter of time before the top Ronso dies. He's fully-potted apart from MAG, so he can easily survive a couple turns against the bosses' elemental attacks in case things get out of hand.

Tidus is pretty good you guys, really he is :unsmith:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Thanks to all the people that put up the Ifrit slaying VoF. Only took me 81 turns!

I really wish I had a Noctis instead of 3 VoF’s that can’t solo Ifrit.

On another note, I have over 100% in Trust Moogles and was wondering what I should go for next.

Sparky
Rainbow Robe
Lulus Onion Knight
VoL’s TM

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Armitage posted:

I must have thrown about 12 tickets and 2 daily pulls at this banner so far, and only pulled one Wakka and one Seymour to show for it.

What's up with the on banner pull rates lately?

I mean obviously Anecdotes are Meaningless, they supposedly publish the rates, etc

I swear to god on-banner rates are broken right now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just got genji gloves and I have two zidanes. Should I get the dw materia from the store? What about the armor?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean obviously Anecdotes are Meaningless, they supposedly publish the rates, etc

I swear to god on-banner rates are broken right now.

That Dyer video was pretty ridiculous. I think out of all those blues he got, maybe 15% of them were Wakka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

On another note, I have over 100% in Trust Moogles and was wondering what I should go for next.

Sparky
Rainbow Robe
Lulus Onion Knight
VoL’s TM

If you had to blow it on something, I'd pick Rainbow Robe since that's going to come in handy on multiple occasions. Not only for the resists, but also for the fact that it's just all around a pretty good SPR and MAG stat robe.

However, you might want to save the moogles for something you really need asap later.

• Locked thread