Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

VJeff posted:

Bungie makin' it reeeeeeeeal hard for me to keep stannin' for them in this thread, y'all.

Are you somehow obligated? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Just take it like I do.

They poo poo post at us.

And we poo poo post back.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's bewildering that in 2018, Ubisoft offers better support for games like Siege, For Honor, The Division, and AssCreed than Bungie does for Destiny, which sold even more than the Ubi cashcows did. Like even when they gently caress up royal, the "games as a service" module for those 4 games subsisted and kept them alive, Siege especially. Destiny 2 is the 2nd "3 year plan" or whatever go-around for Bungie and they still can't get the basics right or offer enough content.

It's a shame because the core gameplay is there but they can't design around it for poo poo or stick to update schedules. If they just kept 6v6 from the start I would have kept playing but goddamn 4v4 with the hobbled cooldowns turned pvp into a lovely peak-around-corners game of tag

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Maybe they were poo poo-talking the studio as a whole? :thunk:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is for honor actually still supported? it wasn't looking too great when i stopped playing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DLC Inc posted:

it's bewildering that in 2018, Ubisoft offers better support for games like Siege, For Honor, The Division, and AssCreed than Bungie does for Destiny, which sold even more than the Ubi cashcows did. Like even when they gently caress up royal, the "games as a service" module for those 4 games subsisted and kept them alive, Siege especially. Destiny 2 is the 2nd "3 year plan" or whatever go-around for Bungie and they still can't get the basics right or offer enough content.

It's a shame because the core gameplay is there but they can't design around it for poo poo or stick to update schedules. If they just kept 6v6 from the start I would have kept playing but goddamn 4v4 with the hobbled cooldowns turned pvp into a lovely peak-around-corners game of tag

Ubi just announced Wildlands is getting a Year 2 refresh and a good chunk of it is free.

gofuckingfigure, right?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is for honor actually still supported? it wasn't looking too great when i stopped playing

they added dedicated servers and balance changes after the first year so they at least gave a poo poo about the poor connections

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ubi just announced Wildlands is getting a Year 2 refresh and a good chunk of it is free.

gofuckingfigure, right?

I hate Wildlands since it feels like a really bad MGSV but that's nice for people who play it, they did the same for Division which is also a bad game but at least they felt they could add poo poo to it, I suppose.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 6, 2018

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I would play those games if they felt good to play.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You know, it's not the same and plenty of people don't like it, but loving warframe is full of :de: stupidity but it doesn't even come close to :bungie: and the game is still lots of fun.

I just want bungie to do something that makes sense because going from D1 to this is painful

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Division is extremely Not Destiny, which sucks cause I wanted it to be Destiny, and the cosmetic elements are pretty boring and the fiction of the hand is uncomfortably fascist, but I did come around on it to some degree and have played a lot of it since their big 1.8 update. Mostly because of how dedicated the dev team has been to addressing player feedback and offering fun things to do.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Division isn't perfect but in the Destiny 2 thread, no where near a bad game.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Yeah, realizing that Ubisoft is good now blew my mind

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I love Destiny but loving hell Bungie needs major major surgery to cut out the cancer.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The trick with Bungie tho is you have to read them super literal, as in Dmg and Cozmo were playing 1v1 within the 6v6 mode.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Oh look 6v6 was postponed.

Totally didn't see that coming. No sir.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CheeseFactory posted:

Oh look 6v6 was postponed.

Totally didn't see that coming. No sir.

I saw an article recently talking about the state of Destiny 2 right now and one of the more prominent points made was that Destiny never needed a sequel in the first place:

quote:

There never should have been a Destiny 2

Destiny came out in 2014. It was essentially a massively multiplayer online shooter with persistent characters, persistent gear and persistent collections of things like ships, mounts and emotes. Players earned some of these items as trophies for different achievements in the game, and bought some through microtransactions.

Only three years later, Bungie asked players to leave all their collections behind and move into Destiny 2, which was supposed to be a whole new game.

The writers built an explanation for this into the story: Enemies destroy the Tower at the start of the Destiny 2 campaign. The in-game social area where players stored their stuff was gone.

But we end up in a whole new Tower at the end of Destiny 2 that is pretty similar to the old one, except that all our old collections are gone, and there’s a new loot box vendor selling stuff to replace it for real money. It didn’t feel like progression; it felt like a reset that led into a crummier economy.

Continuity encourages commitment. Players feel invested in their collections, in their characters and in the community, and that keeps them playing. When Destiny became Destiny 2, it severed that link. Bungie blew up everything the community had built, and took away everything players had earned and purchased. They came into Destiny 2 without the stuff that had tied them to Destiny, and that made it easier for a lot of players who had previously been heavily committed to the game to leave.

If you want your players to stick with a franchise over the long term, you can’t periodically take away all their poo poo. Why invest as much in Destiny 2 when you have good reason to believe it’s all going to be taken away?

This also leads into the point that one of Luke Smith's favorite games, World of Warcraft, never received a sequel. Instead Blizzard just kept building upon the original game over the years to great success. I think the biggest flaw with Destiny 2 is that it actually exists as a sequel rather than an expansion for the original game. I also can't help but imagine that they won't have learned their lesson and they'll wipe everything yet again to bring us Destiny 3 in a couple of years with a measly four planets and just a single raid yet again, having learned nothing. They should have stuck to the original ten year vision rather than wiping the slate clean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Destiny 1 was never not getting two sequels, if you wanted to harp on that point, the time was like...I dunno, 2013?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Yeah, their agreement with Activision was to produce multiple games, lol @ anyone who thinks D1 would have just kept going in perpetuity or that it's a thing that could have happened if they pushed for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Plus, come on, WoW is a PC game. Did you really wanna be playing a console game that came out with the 360 and PS3 holding it down on release for the next ten years?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I saw an article recently talking about the state of Destiny 2 right now and one of the more prominent points made was that Destiny never needed a sequel in the first place:

This also leads into the point that one of Luke Smith's favorite games, World of Warcraft, never received a sequel. Instead Blizzard just kept building upon the original game over the years to great success. I think the biggest flaw with Destiny 2 is that it actually exists as a sequel rather than an expansion for the original game. I also can't help but imagine that they won't have learned their lesson and they'll wipe everything yet again to bring us Destiny 3 in a couple of years with a measly four planets and just a single raid yet again, having learned nothing. They should have stuck to the original ten year vision rather than wiping the slate clean.

It needed a sequel. It did.

So much cobwebs and old systems needed to be reworked.

What they didnt need was a sequel that was dogshit

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Yeah there’s nothing wrong with the game getting a sequel it just got a hosed up one is all. people keep wanting to compare it to world of warcraft but diablo is still the better comp imo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Why do they show your team members in the Trials intro for every new game. It's a non-matchmade activity, you already know who's in your team.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i think the intros suck but it would be weird if they just showed you the other team

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo include an option where if both teams hold square or whatever when they're showing the map, skip past the intro.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

VJeff posted:

Plus, come on, WoW is a PC game. Did you really wanna be playing a console game that came out with the 360 and PS3 holding it down on release for the next ten years?

*looks at D2*

Uh, dude. We gotta talk. :geno:

The answer is yes, by the way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Father Wendigo posted:

*looks at D2*

Uh, dude. We gotta talk. :geno:

The answer is yes, by the way.

Buddy, I'm not saying D2 is a good sequel.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

VJeff posted:

Buddy, I'm not saying D2 is a good sequel.

Buddy, D1 Prestige Edition would have been more acceptable than D2 at this point. D2 hasn't even reached the level of 'Just poo poo.'

Tinfoil hat time! Given that DLC 2 was already 'In The Can' months ago, the new Streamer Summit is either [A] a desperate attempt to gauge how to spin damage control (like offering a free 'second season' to fix the first two DLCs after the Fall Expansion) because DLC 2 is CoO tier, or [B] an horribly misguided attempt to hype the Fall Expansion and make it seem worthwhile that will self-destruct in Bungie's face spectacularly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
D2 being a bad sequel doesn't vindicate the idea that D1 never should've gotten a sequel. It only vindicates the idea that D1 shouldn't have gotten a bad sequel.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Roman posted:

Why do they show your team members in the Trials intro for every new game. It's a non-matchmade activity, you already know who's in your team.

The conspiracy theory is to show off emotes and eververse armor to generate sales.

Seem plausible

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this game really is a pile of doodoo and the developers? Well. Their peepee

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Destiny definitely needed a sequel. What it didn't need was a retarded design lead for PVP who obviously cannot win a 1v1 on bungie test servers and felt team shooting and month long ttk was a much better solution. In spite of thousands of hours of data telling them otherwise. The arrogance of it is astounding when you think about the complaints all through 3 years of d1 were about ridiculous nerfs.

I played a few games solo and in a pair today and it's insane how aids it becomes. Every game follows the same routine. Win any 1v1 encounter I'm in. Pair up and start to pick and roll teams. Heavy starts to spawn, try and often fail to dodge acrius, rockets and colony, enemy team manages to catch up because they camp holding each others dicks for heavy control. Anyone not in party wont push or help challenge a lane. Acrius and colony dominate the kill feeds for the next few minutes.

Wait for enemy super rush. Hope that they don't farm your pubbies too much to make a push toward the end to turn it.

The primary/energy time to kill really needs to come up if it's going to have a come back in terms of player base. Right now I'm finding 75% of my kills are coming in the pre heavy and post super parts of the match. I.e. no one has primary gun skill. Everyone waits for their crutch to push and their super.

Vigilance wing is in the right place, so is antiope and last hope class weapons, everything else needs a boost and the ammo for power probably needs to come down or the timers need to be extended.

In one game I went back and checked on destiny tracker one dude got 11 kills with a shotgun 3 from 2 supers. Literally would not move from his heavy. Threw a pulse, popped a shield did anything to avoid an engagement in which he didn't have acrius.

More and more I'm finding I'll play a game and not die to anything other than power or supers. That's a bit of a design flaw imo.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

BlindSite posted:

More and more I'm finding I'll play a game and not die to anything other than power or supers. That's a bit of a design flaw imo.
*extremely bungie voice*

b-b-b-b-but HERO MOMENTS

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
i really love how bungie managed to take away the wrong message from people going "we want these moments where we can clutch it out, we want the games to be faster paced, we want to feel like we can do something other than hold hands" and decided to take the dumbest path that made the already terrible primary ttk even worse comparatively by making the game revolve entirely around heavy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found in my gun testing that if you're dumb enough to run the Minuet42 the perk giving accuracy and range on your initial shot has near perfect accuracy even in air.

While using a hand cannon is not smart and firing it off in the air is even less smart it can be handy for landing that final shot on someone hiding behind an obstical or your opening attack.

It also activates on any bullet in the magazine so long as you've waiting a few seconds before firing.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BlindSite posted:

I found in my gun testing that if you're dumb enough to run the Minuet42 the perk giving accuracy and range on your initial shot has near perfect accuracy even in air.

While using a hand cannon is not smart and firing it off in the air is even less smart it can be handy for landing that final shot on someone hiding behind an obstical or your opening attack.

It also activates on any bullet in the magazine so long as you've waiting a few seconds before firing.

lol this is fun as gently caress on Titan right now

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Didn't play trials last week.

Played 4 this week. Didn't even want to finish our card. It's so bad.

Really highlights how important radar is to having actual cohesion. Even in CoD you get a radar with friendly positions. This is just plain old stupid.

At least QP had improved. Don't think ill touch the poo again until its fixed.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

e: Got booted at 12:05. Looks like he's up! Nighthawk, Hallowfire Heart, and Pie of Another World. I guess the Lens is back for Mayhem?!

Every so often it amuses me that I haven't played in months and Xur still hasn't offered up an exotic I didn't get like 20 goddamn times.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

Didn't play trials last week.

Played 4 this week. Didn't even want to finish our card. It's so bad.

Really highlights how important radar is to having actual cohesion. Even in CoD you get a radar with friendly positions. This is just plain old stupid.

At least QP had improved. Don't think ill touch the poo again until its fixed.

Is this the first weekend without radar? I haven’t played trials in like 2 months now. I’m interested to see the trials population crater even further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You guys remember when everyone had access to one hit kill weapons all the time? What a time, it was, a to be alive

the good fax machine posted:

Is this the first weekend without radar? I haven’t played trials in like 2 months now. I’m interested to see the trials population crater even further.

It started last weekend. Honestly, no radar in survival, on a small map, wasn't too bad. This week it's countdown. I haven't played yet