Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean there's options there:

tired: actually doing community policing instead of just using it as a slogan
wired: disarm the police
inspired: disband the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

NYC BookCon posted:

The President disappears.

The world is in shock.

But the reason he's missing is much worse than anyone could imagine.

With details only a President could know, and the kind of suspense only James Patterson can deliver.

The President Is Missing.

The most gripping and surprising thriller in years.

Please join President Bill Clinton and the world’s bestselling author James Patterson as they discuss their forthcoming novel, The President is Missing, offering candid insights into their unique collaboration and research, as well as the timely and alarming issues their novel raises about our world today. The President is Missing marks the first time a President has collaborated with a bestselling novelist on a work of fiction. The result is a powerful, one-of-a-kind thriller filled with details only a President could know, and the kind of suspense only James Patterson can deliver.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

You'd probably have to get rid of guns completely for the police to realistically stop killing people

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jeb! Repetition posted:

You'd probably have to get rid of guns completely for the police to realistically stop killing people

i'm willing to try this

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/982339476818219008

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

man, those comments on the article's page

i wonder if the dems have done enough to poison the well for the berndog.

i know i'm way too extremely online, but from what i've seen i can't imagine him unifying the party in any way

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
me on the democratic party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_QDyr5NaM

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

RaySmuckles posted:

i know i'm way too extremely online, but from what i've seen i can't imagine him unifying the party in any way

Bernie is hated by 8% of democrats, and beloved by the rest. online only the loudest idiots are heard, because the people who have an opinion of “yeah bernie is good” aren’t going to find every bernie story to go “yeah I like him”.

the amount of people who identify as dem and are unwilling to vote for him under any circumstance is probably at worse comparable to hillary -> McCain numbers... which only matter if he runs a lackluster campaign that doesn’t inspire people.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

Bernie is hated by 8% of democrats, and beloved by the rest. online only the loudest idiots are heard, because the people who have an opinion of “yeah bernie is good” aren’t going to find every bernie story to go “yeah I like him”.

the amount of people who identify as dem and are unwilling to vote for him under any circumstance is probably at worse comparable to hillary -> McCain numbers... which only matter if he runs a lackluster campaign that doesn’t inspire people.

let's all hope so.

unrelated: remember when we all thought it was the GOP that was going to be ripped apart by a civil war and die? good times

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
They were. It was just a short, quick coup vs this long painful death of third wayism.

This is why the pro-business Republicans bent the knee to Trump and others like him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

From my experience, your average older Democrat just views Bernie as a Kucinich-like figure who is a "very liberal" liberal. This is good in the sense that it means very few people actively dislike him, but bad in the sense that you can't use support for Bernie as a proxy for support for leftism (though you can use it as a proxy for "not being against leftism").

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RaySmuckles posted:

have you seen the crowds the dude draws

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's important to realize that the well-off in our country basically live in enclaves. The places they live are still really nice and great regardless of the state of the broader economy, and I'm not even talked about gated communities or anything, but just the sort of cities and suburbs they live in. Everyone they know on a non-superficial level is going to be from the same background.

In a way, that sort of obliviousness makes me more angry than the "gently caress the poors" attitude a lot of Republicans have. Like, the total lack of acknowledgement is in some ways worse than the direct hostility.

I can certainly understand that. It's one thing to have those tendencies and have the attitude of "gently caress books and the people who read them" but it's another to claim to be educated and open minded but be utterly incapable of examining the society you live in and your own beliefs let alone those of other people and either memory hole or invent an easy answer every time anything clashes with your world view and the place you have in it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Penisaurus Sex posted:

They were. It was just a short, quick coup vs this long painful death of third wayism.

This is why the pro-business Republicans bent the knee to Trump and others like him.

liberals prefer fascism to leftism. R party bosses knew that the tea party didn’t want to rock the economic boat, so sure they’ll shake their fist at each other and then enter a back room and pat each other on the back.

Ytlaya posted:

From my experience, your average older Democrat just views Bernie as a Kucinich-like figure who is a "very liberal" liberal. This is good in the sense that it means very few people actively dislike him, but bad in the sense that you can't use support for Bernie as a proxy for support for leftism (though you can use it as a proxy for "not being against leftism").

this is definitely true. especially since in 2016, there were people who voted for him because he was the only non hillary choice.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

It's time to accept that Yamcha is the most experienced, most qualified character in Dragon Ball history.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Senate Democrat Vows To Confirm Climate-Denying Coal Lobbyist As EPA No. 2

Useless.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

I love you Thomas frank

Trump’s enemy is not your friend

quote:

Yet some critics of the president took his tweets as a signal to rally round Amazon and its chief executive. They joked about how jealous Trump must be of Bezos’s billions. They fantasised about how Bezos might contrive to humiliate the president by buying still more media properties. They clucked over Trump’s stupidity on the matter of the postal service. They snickered at his inability to understand modern internet enterprises.

Given the chance to remind the public of American liberalism’s instinctive tendency to defend cyber-oligarchs like Bezos against the claims of those it sees as uncomprehending luddites, Team Liberal jumped at it.

And this is where we are now in the world’s greatest democracy. We have the billionaire Republicans, with their bigotry and their war on all things public, and the billionaire Democrats, with their oblivious ideology of globe and technology. To the common people, assembled in all our majesty, the momentous question is posed: who do you hate more?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/982146326325374977
the fascist won in france, and obama endorsed him

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:kiss:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ace of Baes posted:

No border no walls suck my freaking balls

:yeah:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

This hole is amazing and I'm going to keep digging it

https://twitter.com/Gabbiedrice78K/status/981738820285673472

I hope this poor lady manages to get a keyboard where the capslock doesn't get randomly stuck.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
:ironicat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

:guillotine:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
:thermidor:

thermidor: a month in the metric time French Revolution/Republican calendar.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the democrats are also known to pay people to troll social media and use bot networks to give the illusion of popular support

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jazerus posted:

oops namek blew up while obama was getting ready

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/982637983076683776?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Have to say that’s actually...welcome rhetoric and not succ rhetoric

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

TAX BREAKS FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES! ACCESS TO CLASSROOMS!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/982336746770726912?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
like a couple years ago the response would have been some retarded poo poo about both sides being in the wrong and advocating charter schools as the balm

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GalacticAcid posted:

like a couple years ago the response would have been some retarded poo poo about both sides being in the wrong and advocating charter schools as the balm

*corey bookerishly* boioioioioioioinnggg

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

RaySmuckles posted:

unrelated: remember when we all thought it was the GOP that was going to be ripped apart by a civil war and die? good times

Since the 80's the democratic party has been increasingly only defined by being "not the republicans". If the republicans ever truly did have a civil war, get ripped apart, and died, then the democratic party would likewise meet the same fate. Unless the democratic party actually took a stance and stood for something on its own. Oh, this just in, the democratic party will never do that.

succccccccccccccccccccc

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t see any fundamental contradictions within the GOP, while the Dems have fatal gaps between the priorities of their donors and the priorities of their theoretical electoral base.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GOPishly: Democrats talk a lot but don’t do anything about this when they’re in power, but it was Republicans who raised wages in West Virginia

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obama gathers the seven dragon balls, summons Shenlong, and makes a single wish:

“I want healthcare... for some??”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god drat he is the best, now here’s someone who would be a great nyt columnist. too bad he says nobody in the usa will publish him

• Locked thread