Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/981775375628775424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

That's not even close to the most retarded thing in just the last two pages. So you're at least par for the course.

That would be below par. What the gently caress?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I don't want to sound stupid and ignorant but I'm thinking the butler did it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

dead comedy forums posted:

of course it might be that, it might be a thing a thousand times more complicated, but what I love about Hawley's take on Legion is that yeah sure it is crazy and that is why it is totally possible, and I love the fact that he picked a character that truly allows poo poo like that in the story :allears:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Wow the danceoff scene might have been my favorite representation of a psychic battle since scanners

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I dunno that the necklace is something cary made, because he went from chamber to corridor to shower and suddenly he had the dam necklace.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The dance battle being so obviously a psychic battle this season makes me want to go back and look at the Bollywood number from the pilot. Are all the dance numbers on this show the equivalent of fight scenes? Certainly the Bolero number was as well.

Edit: Also, random random guess, but Fukuyama = Farouk's body. I think that's probably wrong though, going by the trailers, and it'd require you to chuck out half the explanations we get for him in this episode, but it's fun to guess.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 6, 2018

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

"His blood pressure is 90 over 120."
"Just like the others."

This is physiologically impossible. That also doesn't really mean it's wrong in this show, though I'd be interested in seeing how you'd come up with a number like that using a blood pressure cuff.

shut up

EmptyVessel posted:

Also, the amount of radiocarbon in an organic material only starts to decline after it's stopped taking carbon in from the environment so David would have to be dead to be radiocarbon dated.

shut up

Autism Sneaks posted:

Also don't the infected people still need to eat, drink, poop and sweat? But the Divisions just have them milling about in a dark room in the clothes they found them in?

shut up

swickles posted:

That hit me hard too, to the point that I can't see this as an actual error, but maybe thinking the time travel stuff is in effect, or the "virus" causes a reversal in circulation or something.

shut up

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like twisty cam and dance off's. What else you got Legion? I'm buying what you're selling.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Was talking to my wife last night about the two schools of thought regarding Future Syd and we both agree that it is great that what seems so obvious might not be, no matter how you look at it. We just rewatched Season 1 this past weekend and she noticed that Syd always has something orange on, unless they are in the astral plane. When Future Syd showed up, she had on the compass but no orange. But that mystery dude in the dance club sure did.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Thinking is a sign of mental attack.
Remember: if you think something, post something.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

ynohtna posted:

Thinking is a sign of mental attack.
Remember: if you think something, post something.

Advice any goon can live by

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jonah Galtberg posted:

shut up

shut up

shut up

shut up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Uhhh it's actually physically impossibble for David to be shot by a digital ray and be sucked inside a robot.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Future Syd is definitely a tea kettle.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

How? She is either missing her handle or her spout.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Anyone here think about the shot where David is talking to the Robots, in the background it shows the topdown perspective of a spiral staircase. That shot doesn't make sense unless we are to assume there is a mirror behind David, or perhaps that his mental powers bend light?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Future Syd is Jeffries from Twin Peaks.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Anyone here think about the shot where David is talking to the Robots, in the background it shows the topdown perspective of a spiral staircase. That shot doesn't make sense unless we are to assume there is a mirror behind David, or perhaps that his mental powers bend light?

I think it's just a mural. Like the mural behind Fukyama and the Vermillion (new band name, btw). They're presented in front of diametrically opposed murals thematically suggesting their paths, while intersecting in this moment, are on opposite trajectories. David's is sharp edges of metal and stone appearing to descend, while behind Fukyama is nature and trees reaching to the sky.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Or it's a loving poster.

Dude are you :thejoke: here or are you throwing your hat into the 'dumbest post' ring?

DentArthurDent
Aug 3, 2010

Diddums

JawnV6 posted:

I don't understand folks thinking Lenny is some extra person. She's Farouk, camera-zooms-into-eyes or not.

Throughout the first season, I felt that the "real" Lenny was long gone, both in terms of mind and body. Her physical self died when David and Syd swapped bodies - Syd accidentally killed her, since she could not control David's powers. And I never got the sense that her mind was somewhere in the Shadow King either. Sure, he uses her image quite a bit, and even some of her mannerisms when conversing with David, but I never got the sense that the authentic Lenny personality is still in there somewhere. It was always just Farouk playing with him.

The Lenny and Oliver scene at the start of this episode is the first time I believed that maybe she still exists, as a distinct consciousness, deep in Farouk, alongside Oliver. The good thing for Oliver is that his real body still exists, and he could theoretically surface and take control again, if Farouk gets pushed somewhere else. Unfortunately, Lenny's mind has nowhere to go.

Unless she remains as a passenger in Oliver's body, his psychic companion, almost like a different version of Cary/Kerry. Having a suave Jemaine Clement traveling around with a manic Aubrey Plaza in his head would be a great way to keep those actors involved in the show, even if they resolve the Shadow King story...

DentArthurDent fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 6, 2018

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Proteus Jones posted:

I think it's just a mural. Like the mural behind Fukyama and the Vermillion (new band name, btw). They're presented in front of diametrically opposed murals thematically suggesting their paths, while intersecting in this moment, are on opposite trajectories. David's is sharp edges of metal and stone appearing to descend, while behind Fukyama is nature and trees reaching to the sky.

It's also an inverson of an earlier shot of David on the top of a skyscraper in a forest.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Future Syd is Jeffries from Twin Peaks.

Well now. I'm not gonna talk about Judy; in fact, we're not gonna talk about Judy at all, we're gonna keep her out of it!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Edit: Also, random random guess, but Fukuyama = Farouk's body. I think that's probably wrong though, going by the trailers, and it'd require you to chuck out half the explanations we get for him in this episode, but it's fun to guess.

I had this same thought. Someone found Farouk's body and implanted an AI into it. It's entirely probable that the AI wouldn't know where it's body came from thus the information of where the body is would be 'unavailable'.

I don't think it's right either, but there was just enough there that they could make it work.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
At any rate, if you're making a TV show and you put an enormous straw basket over someone's head and make them immune to telepathy, their head and what's inside of it are probably important. :v:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I wish this show didn't rely so heavily on telepathy for it's storytelling

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Isn't that a bit like saying you wish Breaking Bad didn't rely so heavily on drug dealing for its story telling?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

Sometimes I worry Legion is just being weird for weirdness sake.

Last season pulled everything together pretty nicely, this one I'm hoping will again.

I like how everyone in this thread has bailed on the super mind world ..... it all can't be in his mind possibly, a show written almost entirely by a single person.

night slime
May 14, 2014

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Last season pulled everything together pretty nicely, this one I'm hoping will again.

I like how everyone in this thread has bailed on the super mind world ..... it all can't be in his mind possibly, a show written almost entirely by a single person.

Yeah if you remember, Shadow King tried to put together a whole mind thing with the hospital and got pissed and tired of it after like 20 minutes or 2 days or something.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

night slime posted:

Yeah if you remember, Shadow King tried to put together a whole mind thing with the hospital and got pissed and tired of it after like 20 minutes or 2 days or something.

that was actually an attempt to fool David's perspective in order to keep control, since the more he pushed, more David's own power went to his self-defense

shadow king manipulating David's perception with the hospital was much more of a gambit to ensure its own survival since the more David was aware of him and how much he manipulated his memories, the more his power went on the automatic to defend him (Rational Legion coming to the rescue meant that the SK pushed too hard and meant that if David could spontaneously learn how to deal with the poo poo that he had developed with centuries of telepath experience, David could learn how to absorb/consume him for real without much trouble if he kept pushing for control, which probably made him lie to Syd in order to GTFO ASAP

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I now really want a restaurant where my food is delivered via boat.

Woden
May 6, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Wonder how they deal with all the chunks of food that drop in there.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Woden posted:

Wonder how they deal with all the chunks of food that drop in there.

Little fish!

Or psychic vacuums.

Or, knowing Legion, psychic fish that fling split food at messy customers.

Edit: just realised that Patrick Stuart is totally going to be in this season. This season's about solving a maze of the mind, one in which the various chattering people are trapped (I suspect due to psychic fallout from David's various battles, like how Cary couldn't help but dance when David was reliving even the memory of that event). The Minotaur is a creature at the centre of the maze. The Minotaur seems to be go carting around on Professor X's wheelchair. The Minotaur is a symbolic representation of Professor X.

If that's a long bow to draw, then absolutely. But I like my shots in the dark.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 7, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'd put a fat stack on there being a Caribbean pizza place that has that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

If you live in the Chicagoland area, you can have a model train do it.

http://www.thechoochoo.com

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

notthegoatseguy posted:

I went to a sushi bar in Berlin that had that set up and it was fantastic. Just random things would come by that you could grab or you can make a request to the chef and you would put a special flag on the boat so that no one would take it until it got to you. As long as there were no sushi pirates in the bar I guess.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flyinglemur posted:

I went to a sushi bar in Berlin that had that set up and it was fantastic. Just random things would come by that you could grab or you can make a request to the chef and you would put a special flag on the boat so that no one would take it until it got to you. As long as there were no sushi pirates in the bar I guess.

You need to be clearly marked as a pirate with a hat and a parrot. But i think that checks out legally.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Kinda cool that Admiral Fukuyama was wearing both a priestly breastplate/hoshen and a Komusou headdress.

What does it mean? Who loving knows but I just binged season 1 and watched the premier of season 2 all today. It's so good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
TIL. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I’m fairly sure that Future Syd isn’t the delusion we see crawl towards David. Jon Hamm’s voiceover was talking about a subtle idea that festers in the mind. Making a false memory of meeting your girlfriend from the future really doesn’t fit that bill.