Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

It’s because playing it is a thrill. It’s not a well executed game but god drat does it excite and wind people up.

You’re addicted to the rush.

Yeah basically this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RBX posted:

It's ok and actually healthy to acknowledge something you like is/can be also bad.

Like the xbox one

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like the xbox one

The Xbox one was bad. The Xbox one X, the most powerful console in the world is good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For a laugh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

it's crazy how you can play something so bad so much, that you forget that it sucks.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like the xbox one

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ratbert90 posted:

The Xbox one was bad. The Xbox one X, the most powerful console in the world is good.

As long as your idea of an exclusive is suddenly caring what DF says lol

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
the only genuinely unmissable exclusive is bloodborne

lmao if ur into killzone shadow fall or whatever

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You misspelled Yakuza 6.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was holding out selling my ps4 pro until God of War comes out, but the more gameplay i see the less excited I get (still looks good). Detroit looks awful, and Spiderman looks meh.

And Digital Foundry videos should confirm what your eyes already see. If you can't see the difference, consult your local optologist.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Killzone Shadow Fall was actually a decent game. The story wasn't amazing, but I'd give it 3.5/5 stars. Much better than the lovely Halo 5 campaign. KZSF also had better multiplayer, but since it was a launch title with middlin reviews it was doomed to languish with player counts in the 1000-2000 range at launch.

Also, fun fact: the KZSF engine was used for Horizon Zero Dawn, one of the best looking games of this gen, and KZSF is one of the best looking games this gen, as well.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
And yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn is an unmissable exclusive unless you're chronically bad at video games like ethanol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'd say if you're a big enough gaming nerd rear end to think Bloodborne is unmissable there's at least 3 exclusive more games you should, at the very least, not be memory holing but this is the xbone thread so I won't name names unless The Great War breaks out here.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd say if you're a big enough gaming nerd rear end

and i am

but out of bloodborne, uncharted, horizon, infamous, killzone, knack, life of black tiger, there is only one i actually loved

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

bloodborne and horizon are really worth playing before you die

but do they both measure up to microsoft exclusive and reason my friend bought an xbone: Scalebound?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza, tlg, and p5 were great games unless you think japan is too gay like 99% of xbox owners

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't care much for any of the japanese developers other than Platinum and Ueda . I got my PS4 for Uncharted, Last of Us, VR, and the few other non-eastern developed exclusives.

I could give a poo poo about Persona, Ni No Kuni, or Yakuza.

I liked the few hours I put into Yakuza 0 but I know I won't stick around to see all that those games have to offer.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I thought Nier automata was the unmissable exclusive? I have heard some rumblings that it may be coming to Xbox.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Yakuza, tlg, and p5 were great games unless you think japan is too gay like 99% of xbox owners

Okay, fair, I did forget about Yakuza and that's on my list of things to play.

I couldn't get into P5 despite loving 4.

i also really love shitposting about video games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

I thought Nier automata was the unmissable exclusive? I have heard some rumblings that it may be coming to Xbox.

Its not exclusive its on steam

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The real point for me is that PS4 has such a crazy number and range of exclusives that it's really hard to not give a poo poo without sounding like you're a spiteful console warrior or are a extremely niche gamer who only wants like console PUBG, Forza or State of Decay and hates everyone who doesn't.

Personally I'm exactly the kind of person who should have jumped over the last gen line as an XBOX die hard. I loved Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, State of Decay (probably a lot of others I'm forgetting). Didn't have a PS3 until real late (almost exclusively for MGS4), don't give a poo poo about Uncharted or various non MGS weeaboo games. If backwards compat was 100% and available at launch I would have had a xbone first no question.

But this gen Xbox has nothing, crapped the bed on both Halo and Gears, Forza is still good but kind of maddening with the DLC bullshit, and the console itself was weaker up until the .5 generation so why even bother?

I don't really care about like 80% of the ps4 exclusives, but it's still comparing having something vs having nothing. It's a little more interesting now that xbonex has the edge on power but that doesn't do much for me as someone who's probably not gonna buy in on the .5 gen.

That's my Andy Rooney take on the whole thing

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
idk, to be honest I can't even remember which PS4 exclusives had me when it came time to decide (I think the prospect of Street Fighter 5 was the big one? And some various old PS2 era games that were sure to come back) but I'm pretty sure Halo 4 was a dud already and the power difference was already widely known and I was like "well it's not like this giant wall of 360 games matters in the decision at all, might as well go back to Playstation"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The real point for me is that PS4 has such a crazy number and range of exclusives that it's really hard to not give a poo poo without sounding like you're a spiteful console warrior or are a extremely niche gamer who only wants like console PUBG, Forza or State of Decay and hates everyone who doesn't.

Personally I'm exactly the kind of person who should have jumped over the last gen line as an XBOX die hard. I loved Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, State of Decay (probably a lot of others I'm forgetting). Didn't have a PS3 until real late (almost exclusively for MGS4), don't give a poo poo about Uncharted or various non MGS weeaboo games. If backwards compat was 100% and available at launch I would have had a xbone first no question.

But this gen Xbox has nothing, crapped the bed on both Halo and Gears, Forza is still good but kind of maddening with the DLC bullshit, and the console itself was weaker up until the .5 generation so why even bother?

I don't really care about like 80% of the ps4 exclusives, but it's still comparing having something vs having nothing. It's a little more interesting now that xbonex has the edge on power but that doesn't do much for me as someone who's probably not gonna buy in on the .5 gen.

That's my Andy Rooney take on the whole thing

I take the adult route and recognize "different strokes for different folks" angle. I also have more money than I did in high school so I can afford a Nintendo, a Sony and Microsoft console. Obviously not everyone is in that position.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Sometimes I think about getting a ps4 pro to play horizon zero dawn, and nier, and bloodborne, and gods of war 2. But, then I realize I’d have two consoles and that all seems like a dumb place to put my money so I just settle for enjoying what I have.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol admitting to liking fable

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Beastie posted:

I take the adult route and recognize "different strokes for different folks" angle. I also have more money than I did in high school so I can afford a Nintendo, a Sony and Microsoft console. Obviously not everyone is in that position.

Generally, same, but there's also an extremely obvious situation going on if we're talking exclusive games to the point that it's not just console warrior bs to mention it. Like yeah if you were ok with 343 style Halo, needed to know what happens next in the Gears story or wanted to play a simmy racer at all for the past 3 years or whatever you'd definitely want an xbox....buuuuut pretty much everyone else who would just be thinking "well it's all the same to me and I just don't want to miss out on a good exclusive" in that time frame was better served by PS4 no matter what kind of game they were into (besides simmy racers).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol admitting to liking fable

*end of the American Choppers meme*

1 AND 2 WERE OK GAMES WITH SOME PERSONALITY AND ACTIONY COMBAT

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 is amazingly bad in my just finished it opinion

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Sometimes I think about getting a ps4 pro to play horizon zero dawn, and nier, and bloodborne, and gods of war 2. But, then I realize I’d have two consoles and that all seems like a dumb place to put my money so I just settle for enjoying what I have.

I went from just PS4 to all of the current gen consoles in the last year, which is where I'm usually at in this point in a console cycle. But this is the first time I've kind of thought "why the gently caress do I have three consoles? This seems excessive"

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

You misspelled Yakuza 6.
They'll port those games eventually, right?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

And yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn is an unmissable exclusive unless you're chronically bad at video games like ethanol

I beat hzd and it was mediocre

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

They'll port those games eventually, right?

In the entire history of the franchise the only time it was ported to a non-Playstation console was a Japanese-only port of 1&2 HD (originally "remastered" on PS3) on the Wii U.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

And bad at video games in finster dialect is when a game drops you in a auto save pit without ammo and the right weapon and you have to load a earlier save which caused me to lose interest in replaying the lost progress for about a year

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Generally, same, but there's also an extremely obvious situation going on if we're talking exclusive games to the point that it's not just console warrior bs to mention it. Like yeah if you were ok with 343 style Halo, needed to know what happens next in the Gears story or wanted to play a simmy racer at all for the past 3 years or whatever you'd definitely want an xbox....buuuuut pretty much everyone else who would just be thinking "well it's all the same to me and I just don't want to miss out on a good exclusive" in that time frame was better served by PS4 no matter what kind of game they were into (besides simmy racers).

No I agree. If a friend came to me and asked which they should get I'd do my best to ask these kind of questions. Console exclusives do in fact matter, but they don't matter quite as much for everyone.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

if you genuinely recommend your friend by an xbone instead of a ps4 you're a real son of a bitch

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Do they want to play games with myself and the core group of our friends that prefer the Xbox controller and Live? Games we could let them borrow? Yes?

Better recommend a PS4.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sounds like some bad friends he has.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Beastie posted:

Do they want to play games with myself and the core group of our friends that prefer the Xbox controller and Live? Games we could let them borrow? Yes?

Better recommend a PS4.

unironically true

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Both consoles have their merits for different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Beastie posted:

Both consoles have their merits for different reasons.

Whoa man, calm down before someone gets hurt.