Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

21 Hoot Salute posted:

There was that time where Sting/Warrior teamed against Hogan/Bret

It sucked though

I remember this, but I feel like hyping it for PPV would have been a better idea

I wonder how many WCW shitshows have that sentence in there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember this, but I feel like hyping it for PPV would have been a better idea

I wonder how many WCW shitshows have that sentence in there somewhere

It didn't do a particularly impressive rating and the more you put Warrior out there the more he was exposed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It didn't do a particularly impressive rating and the more you put Warrior out there the more he was exposed.

True but that's why you do a tag match. Mind you I'd rather not encourage anybody to use him.

I'm at the anti-gay part of part 2 and it's just reminding me that Punk once told this story on his livejournal

quote:

Late that night, back at Harleys house, we all ate some great BBQ and Harley had about a million billion martinis I think it was. He had these little pickled green beans he'd put in them....anyway....he drank a LOT. Which is no surprise, he's Harley loving Race. And yes, I just capitilized the 'F' in loving. Ace is pretty tanked too, to set the scene...i'm just stuffed with BBQ, when this hilarious conversation ensues. Harley gets to telling stories, which on another side note is some of the best times i've ever had in my life. Just having the privilege to sit and listen to Harely talk about his career on numerous occasions has been really rewarding. He was talking about his run in the WWF, the reason he was brought in, and more importantly who he was working at the time. The conversation went exactly like this:

Harley: "...and he had me working Hogan, JYD, and one of my last programs was with....poo poo. What's his name? The guy. You know. Big guy....c'mon, you know!
That human being Indian."

Now...I bust out laughing and Ace and I just look at each other while Harely is scrunching up his face trying to remember who he is talking about. I start throwing out names, but none of them really make any sense. I mean....Wahoo never worked in the WWF, and certainly if he did, Harely wouldn't call him "that human being Indian". Tatanka, who Ace proudly proclaimed was who Harely must've been talking about. Certainly you all know Tatanka, while having wrestled in the WWF, it was years after Harely had already retired. So i'm sitting there, and Harely is literally scratching his head and Ace is clueless...and I really don't have any clue either. So I think..."human being indian"...and I blurt out:

Punk: "The Ultimate Warrior?"

Harley: "YES! That loving GOOF!"

Obviously not cool to describe him as such but I can only imagine how bad Warrior would melt down if he'd known.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 6, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

True but that's why you do a tag match. Mind you I'd rather not encourage anybody to use him.

I'm at the anti-gay part of part 2 and it's just reminding me that Punk once told this story on his livejournal

Obviously not cool to describe him as such but I can only imagine how bad Warrior would melt down if he'd known.

But they did the tag and it didn't hide him. They hid him as much as possible and it still didn't work. He was so broken down they needed to have The Disciple do the lifting in certain angles.

Any additional matches before doing Hogan/Warrior 2 would be a mistake.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Who was Ace?
The only Ace I know of is Laurenitis.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Who was Ace?

Ace Steel, Punk's trainer and stablemate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

Who was Ace?

At the time, Ace Steel, CM Punk, Colt Cabana and Chris Hero were pretty regular travel buddies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Who was Ace?

Tanahashi.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

What's this going to be for

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
From the live mailbag:

"How big is Batista's contract with Marvel Studios."

Fantastic.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Just because he's dead doesn't mean he wasn't one of the goofiest human beings ever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PaybackJack posted:

From the live mailbag:

"How big is Batista's contract with Marvel Studios."

Fantastic.

The mailbag was really good this year, there wasn't some crazy fan trying to dominate the entire show and argue with Dave.

I also like how Dave started getting worried because the first two questions were about him dying :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The mailbag was really good this year, there wasn't some crazy fan trying to dominate the entire show and argue with Dave.

I also like how Dave started getting worried because the first two questions were about him dying :lol:

I wanted to loving kill that guy last year

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wanted to loving kill that guy last year

Wasn't he one of the whale scout donators this year? He must've gotten the memo because he was pretty quiet during the episode he was a guest on.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you, Part 2 is up now.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/982271514430005249

Serious trigger warning, I quote a lot of his hate speech verbatim. There's no blatant "slurs" but he goes way, way beyond dog whistles. It's awful hateful stuff and I get really angry.

The link to part 1: https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14462645

I was tempted to sub to the Network for mania just because but the second half of this episode made go nah, this company is poo poo.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I READ A BOOK ABOUT TWO BROTHERS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Wasn't he one of the whale scout donators this year? He must've gotten the memo because he was pretty quiet during the episode he was a guest on.

He was a B&V guest before he was on the Mania Q&A

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you, Part 2 is up now.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/982271514430005249

Serious trigger warning, I quote a lot of his hate speech verbatim. There's no blatant "slurs" but he goes way, way beyond dog whistles. It's awful hateful stuff and I get really angry.

The link to part 1: https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14462645

:stare:

We were all guilty in Warrior's eyes of the crime of Not Being Warrior

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Warrior’s incredible grudge-holding ability is my favourite thing from the podcast, also Hulkamatt scoffing at the idea of Buff being in a Wargames match

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/982444205602672641

so prichard is back with the WWE?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
they’re bringing back camp wwe???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave “rarely” thinks about Tanahashi’s hair

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bryan should really take some remedial science and math classes

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they’re bringing back camp wwe???

Does Nikki still have the best body of all the women campers?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Glad Warrior's dead, hope it hurt.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bryan should really take some remedial science and math classes
mars chat was excellent

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

"LET'S TALK ABOUT HIS UNDERWEAR!"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm cackling at Bryan taking paper out of Dave's hand like he's a child.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, I really hope the camera crews for the Raw 25 WWE24 got the look on Vince's face when he heard about Enzo.

And/or the moment where he told Enzo to get out.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

esperantinc posted:

Started listening to Wrestlesplainia thanks to the recommendations in the thread, so cheers for that, it's great.

In the same vein, I also listen to Wrestle Me, which is sort of the same gimmick, but is about the individual Wrestlemanias. Couple of Brits, one dude has seen them all, the other none.

https://radiostakhanov.com/wrestleme/

Wrestle Me is pretty great, except that they stopped one of the episodes for several minutes (i think on mania 2) to talk about how good Moolah is and how much they like her and how she advanced the business and was so brave. That was weird.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to WOR and Dana was apparently talking to Conor about fighting again UFC is the best and it trumps any other news from Mania weekend :lol:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

projecthalaxy posted:

Wrestle Me is pretty great, except that they stopped one of the episodes for several minutes (i think on mania 2) to talk about how good Moolah is and how much they like her and how she advanced the business and was so brave. That was weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A podcast where British people watch classic PPVs? Why didn't 13 people think of that sooner??

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thing I desperately want to happen: Dave trolls everyone, refuses to rate Gargano / Ciampa as it was an unsanctioned match

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

St Evan Echoes posted:

Thing I desperately want to happen: Dave trolls everyone, refuses to rate Gargano / Ciampa as it was an unsanctioned match

You shouldn't have said this cause now there's going to be two people who'll be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dsriggs posted:

A podcast where British people watch classic PPVs? Why didn't 13 people think of that sooner??

Hey, it's a proven system. OSW started something and it blossomed into a lot of podcasts I like. AE Podcast, New Gen (plus How2Wrestling and Cinema Swirl), Wrestle Me, all sorts of cool pods from the British Isles. Most of them better than OSW, in my view at least.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 8, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am not watching mania. But seeing Semp melt down on twitter about that womens match not being a classic is probably why people hate Semp right

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meltzer: Is Nicholas going to pull a Del Rio and no-show?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave has used every variation of Kavita Devi, except for the actual name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave denying that he's not in love with Ronda was amazing.