Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Spherical Sponge posted:

birds don't have dicks just fyi. except ducks and geese and ostriches and emus. all the other birds, 97% in total, just got a cloaca, and sex is just touching cloacas for a couple of seconds (which isn't too different from most goons' experiences of sex I guess). hope this hasn't ruined your bird fantasies

Yeah, and sometimes birds mate because the lady bird gets distracted by something nearby and then boom. So really theres no reason to emulate birds for any reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, and sometimes birds mate because the lady bird gets distracted by something nearby and then boom. So really theres no reason to emulate birds for any reason at all.

Distraction is like 90% of my game. The other 10% is begging.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Who What Now posted:

/

... to be honest, im not sure how to read this post

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
cloaca magnet

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

AlbieQuirky posted:

cloaca magnet

...chick magnet

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

vyelkin posted:

There's a part in one of the Attenborough documentaries where a man bird tries to impress a lady bird by showing her all the cool poo poo he's collected but then plot twist, the lady bird is actually another man and steals his fanciest poo poo and flies away.

Or in other words the men-birds comic needs a few more panels to truly capture the diversity of bird romance.

bird chad, so what

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dad found my bird chad folder and now thinks I'm gay.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The edge on that red button...

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Scathach posted:

...chick magnet

You sick gently caress.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Who the gently caress doesn't hate seagulls

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Besides Pteppic's dad anyway

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Really depends on the species of gull. I like some.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Terns are great.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karate Bastard posted:

Terns are great.

I knew a tern once and I thought he was okay but I found out later that he was a real jerk.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It was a real tern for the worse.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I can’t believe I’m Gullible enough to have not seen that joke coming.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is that true about bears?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

EmmyOk posted:

Is that true about bears?

The beaver one isn't, so treat it like any internet list.

Fake vanilla comes from wood pulp extract. Beaver might be in really expensive perfume you probably will never afford.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

http://www.businessinsider.com/castoreum-used-in-food-and-perfume-2013-10

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

300 lbs of that is harvested a year. 20 MILLION lbs or real actual vanilla is harvested a year.

You aren't winning the beast butt lottery.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

speaking of seagull facts:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/04/599363657/canadian-hotel-forgives-guest-17-years-after-flock-of-seagulls-trashed-his-room

Basically, this guy stayed at a really fancy hotel in Victoria, Canada, for a business trip. He brought a bunch of special salami from Halifax to give to his buddies, and he spread all the salami out in his room and opened the windows to keep it fresh. When he came back to his room, there were around 40 seagulls in there eating the salami, and the room was covered in poo poo and feathers. The hotel banned him for life, but they lifted it a few days ago after he wrote them an apology and an explanation on facebook.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i love seagulls, because of stories like that. the best part is that The Empress isn't just any fancy hotel. in Victoria, it's THE fancy hotel. it's a National Historic Site of Canada, a popular tourist attraction, and the king and queen of England have stayed there. it's $75 to enjoy their Victorian-style tea service and it's so popular that you need to book far in advance. there was even a minor controversy back in the city's history when a sign was put up on the hotel because people felt that no one who didn't immediately know this was THE Empress had no business staying there.

seagulls loving everything up with their spicy pepperoni poo poo is hilarious

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'll never be able to trust a beaver's anus ever again. I hope you're happy that you took that away from me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Terns, you say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKQ6eoXfBKU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
An arctic tern?

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

speaking of seagull facts:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/04/599363657/canadian-hotel-forgives-guest-17-years-after-flock-of-seagulls-trashed-his-room

Basically, this guy stayed at a really fancy hotel in Victoria, Canada, for a business trip. He brought a bunch of special salami from Halifax to give to his buddies, and he spread all the salami out in his room and opened the windows to keep it fresh. When he came back to his room, there were around 40 seagulls in there eating the salami, and the room was covered in poo poo and feathers. The hotel banned him for life, but they lifted it a few days ago after he wrote them an apology and an explanation on facebook.

The seagulls are the real heros of that story. they're the roughtumble street-urchins of the sky. though of course they grow up to be the psychopathic mobsters of the sky also.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I've known of this strip for years and had no idea the red button panel was even a thing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

I've known of this strip for years and had no idea the red button panel was even a thing.

It's a relatively new addition, I want to say maybe 5 years ago? He then went on to add them to older strips.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Karate Bastard posted:

Terns are great.

They'd have my vote but there's a limit

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

They'd have my vote but there's a limit

Her tern. >: (

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'll never be able to trust a beaver's anus ever again. I hope you're happy that you took that away from me.

I got 99 problems, but a beaver taint one

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That's half the plot of Season Two of Slings and Arrows.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

I unironically want that 'libraries are for everyone!' poster

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So what book would be like getting fisted by a truck. Asking for a friend.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Zil posted:

My friend, may I introduce you to the works of Hugo Award nominated author Chuck Tingle?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I bet The Giver had a lot of memories about unspeakable fetishes that he was going to save until the next guy was 18.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Zil posted:

Most of China Meiville's early stuff, especially his Bas-Lag series, could be described like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bath Tubs posted:

I unironically want that 'libraries are for everyone!' poster

:same: