Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Louisgod posted:

Nope, not yet, people thought at least June but pre-orders may open up sooner.

Any idea where the wave was found in Canada? I have all the brickseeker info for this wave I’ll post later.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

Storm: 087-06-7049
Gladiator: 087-06-7052
Sabretooth: 087-06-7048
Magneto: 087-06-7047
Psylocke: 087-06-7051
Multiple Man: 087-06-7050

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/ - Don't have the UPCs for the Apocalypse wave, not sure if it's listed yet.

Speaking of, when I get this wave I'll be selling off Gladiator, Storm and Magneto so hit me up if you want them. I have the Gladiator from the SDCC pack, this Storm has zero appeal to me, and the Jubilee wave Magneto is good enough for me for now since I like the red/purple suit better.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A part of me hopes Bruce Campbell sees this, and laughs his rear end off.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
-I can't remember if the statues came first, or the cosplays came first, but one was based on the other. There's a Jason one, and a Freddy one as well, iirc.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They could of at least given her a glorious chin sculpted by God himself.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

-I can't remember if the statues came first, or the cosplays came first, but one was based on the other. There's a Jason one, and a Freddy one as well, iirc.

I believe the figures came first.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know the action figure thread is the world capital of glass houses, but how could anyone not be embarrassed to purchase that Ash statue?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know the action figure thread is the world capital of glass houses, but how could anyone not be embarrassed to purchase that Ash statue?

Ash vs Evil Dead is a good show

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Honestly, I have a hang up on figurines in general, but Koto's bishoujo line manages to make me wonder who was watching Evil Dead 2 and wishing it was just a bit sexier.

btw on that figurine hangup, I own exactly one and it took me years to finally decide that I shouldn't give a drat what other people think.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vkeios posted:

Honestly, I have a hang up on figurines in general, but Koto's bishoujo line manages to make me wonder who was watching Evil Dead 2 and wishing it was just a bit sexier.

btw on that figurine hangup, I own exactly one and it took me years to finally decide that I shouldn't give a drat what other people think.

I would love to get the bootleg version of her.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy Goodbody posted:

Anime is weird

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

And it would make sense to make a figurine of the actual rear end-kicking female lead from that show...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nerd Of Prey posted:

And it would make sense to make a figurine of the actual rear end-kicking female lead from that show...

Tell that to NECA.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I'm trying to remember a toy line from the 80s I had as a kid. They were motorized vehicles that may or may not have had modular parts you could swap around, and they came with tiny driver figures, maybe an inch tall, that had plastic bodies and rubbery legs and heads. I remember the vehicles having a gray and red color scheme. It's not Construx or Robotix, and I don't think they were out for very long. If my memory is right, I think I got a couple sets for Christmas in 87 or 88. Anyone have any idea?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Yuk posted:

I'm trying to remember a toy line from the 80s I had as a kid. They were motorized vehicles that may or may not have had modular parts you could swap around, and they came with tiny driver figures, maybe an inch tall, that had plastic bodies and rubbery legs and heads. I remember the vehicles having a gray and red color scheme. It's not Construx or Robotix, and I don't think they were out for very long. If my memory is right, I think I got a couple sets for Christmas in 87 or 88. Anyone have any idea?

Jace and the Wheeled Warriors had all those attributes except for motorization.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Starcom? Starriors?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zoids, surely?

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Mr. Yuk posted:

Legions of Power?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Just announced: S.H. Figuarts (Super) Trunks. Soon to be the crown jewel of my collection.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I know it wasn't Starcom, Starriors, Zoids or Wheeled Warriors. The pieces were more modular than those. It was almost a building toy in the sense that you could take modular pieces from the sets and combine them into bigger vehicles, but not as involved as something like Construx or Robotix were.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hahahahaha

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Has ScarJo nixed the likeness rights? Neither this figure nor the ML figure coming out look like her at all.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They would have lost the mole if that was the case.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Neither, there's a big name Japanese artist who's attached to Koto who did designs on a whim, and they decided to turn it into a line.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I wonder how much money it would cost to get a cosplay outfit that makes me look like a lovely cloth goods action figure. The 5x size zipper alone would take so much custom tooling, casting, etc.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The_Doctor posted:

Has ScarJo nixed the likeness rights? Neither this figure nor the ML figure coming out look like her at all.

I wouldn't blame her, considering there's that guy that made a sex robot that looks like her.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys just cannot nail women’s faces. And then you throw in actual hair and it’s terrible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wasn't their Daisy Ridley likeness not bad?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TFA was too soft but they nailed it for the TLJ version. So perhaps I am just thinking of their Wonder Woman, Ripley and the Black Widows.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Wasn't their Daisy Ridley likeness not bad?

Yeah, and their updated Alien Ripley is really good.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I wonder how much money it would cost to get a cosplay outfit that makes me look like a lovely cloth goods action figure. The 5x size zipper alone would take so much custom tooling, casting, etc.

the zipper is easy
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180407061711&SearchText=oversized+zipper

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The_Doctor posted:

Before I scrolled down and saw it was Black Widow, I thought it was the lady from iZombie.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hot Toys would not release a figure from a franchise movie if it didn’t have the likeness sign off. If you ever see one that you think doesn’t look like the actor it’s just Hot Toys’ sculpt or paint is off. They aren’t making “generic person in Avengers outfit,” that’s not what they do.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Hot Toys would not release a figure from a franchise movie if it didn’t have the likeness sign off. If you ever see one that you think doesn’t look like the actor it’s just Hot Toys’ sculpt or paint is off. They aren’t making “generic person in Avengers outfit,” that’s not what they do.

The first edition of the ‘Aliens’ power loader came with a Ripley that didn’t look anything like Sigourney Weaver, because she wouldn’t release the likeness rights.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am really glad both Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray finally started approving figure likenesses. Who are some of the last big hold outs I wonder?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That's a great Linda Hamilton Terminator/Aliens mash up figure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Djarum posted:

I am really glad both Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray finally started approving figure likenesses. Who are some of the last big hold outs I wonder?

Nicholson is the big one still

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

It looks to be the same sculpt they’ve used since Iron Man 2, which she no longer really looks like anymore because it was like 12 years ago.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Sometimes they release masked characters with no likeness, like the ASM2 Spidey, Affleck Batman or CW Black Panther.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

It looks to be the same sculpt they’ve used since Iron Man 2, which she no longer really looks like anymore because it was like 12 years ago.

Sometimes they release masked characters with no likeness, like the ASM2 Spidey, Affleck Batman or CW Black Panther.

Yeah, that happens too.

I’m more referring to when a company does a crappy head sculpt of an actor you often hear people question if they didn’t get the likeness rights. And if it’s an established company and not some 3P outfit they most likely did. Licensors, especially Disney, will not sign off on a “not-Scarlet” for their life like museum quality 1/6 scale action figure line. Also at this point it would be beneath Hot Toys to do something like that with 1,000’s of dolls behind their belt.

It’s a similar stance most companies take on stuff like head-packs and why you generally don’t see those things. If it has my company’s name on it, you will get the genuine article and not parts of it. Not entirely sure if that’s a good or bad stance but it’s one held by almost everyone in that industry.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet it'd look basically fine if they darkened the roots of the hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The main problem with the Ripley figure is that she’s as tall as the Tom Holland Spider-Man, which is uhh...extremely silly and unfortunate.

She’s fine though. I wasn’t going to get the aliens version, but I might if they fix her height.