Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Birdstrike posted:

they banned street food tho

Not in my fuckin' pacific empire fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

BBJoey posted:

palestine is an example of Change From Within

Sniper murder is extremely "without"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP preparing a post:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Actually I'd own those white money credits

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
If only we’d give the Greens a chance!!!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Labour's won 30 NewsPoll's in a row. No one will congratulate them or even acknowledge that they won anything. All the reporting is President Trumball losing.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Comstar posted:

Labour's won 30 NewsPoll's in a row. No one will congratulate them or even acknowledge that they won anything. All the reporting is President Trumball losing.

That's because Labor's political strategy is to stand back and watch as the LNP perpetually falls down Penrose stairs.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sparticle posted:

That's because Labor's political strategy is to stand back and watch as the LNP perpetually falls down Penrose stairs.

this is false, labor is playing a big target strategy; see their taxation announcements.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Comstar posted:

Waitasec - they haven't released the latest one yet. Turnbull might get +25.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Frydenberg gettin zinged on ABC

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

If you listen carefully, Frydenberg actually sounds like Abbot

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Recoome posted:

Frydenberg gettin zinged on ABC

“Well, no, Barry. The unions. Coal.”

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Luv the hate for the unions from the LNP and how it bleeds into every conversation

Like wtf has the unions got to do with the coal power station huh???

Also the free market wants renewables, yet th govt has this obsession with killing the planet

Recoome fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 8, 2018

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

BBJoey posted:

this is false, labor is playing a big target strategy; see their taxation announcements.

The ALP's most popular tax plan is to not support the LNP's corporate tax cut for large companies. The average Australian voter can be convinced that a huge fuckoff mine will create jobs but trying to sell corporate tax cuts as job creation is not as easy. The Liberals were also dumb enough to admit that they were copying Trump.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Sparticle posted:

The ALP's most popular tax plan is to not support the LNP's corporate tax cut for large companies. The average Australian voter can be convinced that a huge fuckoff mine will create jobs but trying to sell corporate tax cuts as job creation is not as easy. The Liberals were also dumb enough to admit that they were copying Trump.

On Insiders this morning, some Fin Review hack was saying that 49% of people polled support corporate tax cuts. That 49% might think by cutting tax rates they’ll get a wage increase?

Surely half the average punters on the street don’t think that the money saved by corporate tax rate cuts will end up in their pockets as a wage increase? loving Australians.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Dude McAwesome posted:

On Insiders this morning, some Fin Review hack was saying that 49% of people polled support corporate tax cuts. That 49% might think by cutting tax rates they’ll get a wage increase?

Surely half the average punters on the street don’t think that the money saved by corporate tax rate cuts will end up in their pockets as a wage increase? loving Australians.

He probably meant to say 'among Coalition voters'. The only survey I've been able to find puts it at 15% if I've read it right.

https://www.smh.com.au/money/tax/voters-doubtful-about-coalition-s-big-business-tax-cuts-poll-20180203-p4yzcl.html

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Starshark posted:

He probably meant to say 'among Coalition voters'. The only survey I've been able to find puts it at 15% if I've read it right.

https://www.smh.com.au/money/tax/voters-doubtful-about-coalition-s-big-business-tax-cuts-poll-20180203-p4yzcl.html

Hahahaha, of loving course he omitted that!

Thanks for the critical analysis that I’m clearly lacking, Starshark.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

The 49% is for supporting the Liberals overall "economic plan". Support for the corporate tax cut by itself is much lower. The disparity here is probably due to common narrative that the LNP are the better economic managers (despite no evidence for this). When you start looking at specific economic policies, public support falls dramatically. The franking credit thing also likely boosted LNP overall support as Labor was unable to shake the "ALP attacking pensioners" angle.

Basically, I blame our trash media. Look what happened to Alberici when she doubted the Liberals' economic genius.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

In hosed up retail news, apparently some Bunnings stores have a "Name and shame" board for people who are sick/unwell and can't work

welcom to the capitalist paradise

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Recoome posted:

In hosed up retail news, apparently some Bunnings stores have a "Name and shame" board for people who are sick/unwell and can't work

source?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Recoome posted:

Are you sure they don't have, you know, a roster that says when people are off sick.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Person just sent me a picture of the board in the staff room. It's got names and days that they were sick or absent.

I'm fairly sure that they can't do something like this, especially if it's not like a "heads up these guys won't be in" but more of a retrospective "these guys hosed up cause they were sick"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

Are you sure they don't have, you know, a roster that says when people are off sick.

JBP rushing in with a shock opinion about loving the worker

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Thankfully the SDA is the

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

A "sausage roll" is sausage mince cooked in pastry.

A "sausage sizzle" is the activity where you make the meal "sausage on bread".

If people like Jordan Peterson were anally pedantic about terms that are actually important we wouldn't be in this mess.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's one of the nastier tactics in retail that is common.

Step 1: make your entire workforce a skeleton crew to save on wages
Step 2: if your house of cards falls over (which it will often), blame the proles instead of the management that actually led to this issue

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

asio posted:

A "sausage sizzle" is the activity where you make the meal "sausage on bread".

Perhaps you are not aware of the diversity of Australian Culture.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Zenithe posted:

The question clearly says it is in one side of bread, how loving stupid are the people calling it a sausage sandwich.

Sausage between two bits of bread are a sausage sandwich. One bit of bread is a sausage sizzle.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Zenithe posted:

It's one of the nastier tactics in retail that is common.

Step 1: make your entire workforce a skeleton crew to save on wages
Step 2: if your house of cards falls over (which it will often), blame the proles instead of the management that actually led to this issue

A Well-Known Brisbane-Based Jeweller does this.

If "times get tough" I.e. not enough of a profit, skilled workers get encouraged out to make room for cheaper new staff.

His competitor from Sydney has been thankful for the pre-trained staff since he moved up here some decades ago and basically runs his business on the staff turnover from the other guy (many jewellery buying types stick with the salesperson not the company).

But because the company also owns a whole bunch of cbd real estate it doesn't matter if the jewellery store doesn't make enough profit; he'll just close it and replace it with a bank or something similar.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

Zenithe posted:

Nsw doesn't count.

Snag on a rag is the acceptable vernacular if brevity is important in your life.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
WA proving again that it is a beacon of diversity

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I've never heard of a sausage in bread

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The sausage isn't in bread you morans

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

I've never heard of a sausage in bread

It's the term used by mouthbreathing idiots.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

JBP rushing in with a shock opinion about loving the worker

Why? I haven't seen the board but it could be because staff do their own shift selection on Deputy or something. I'm not one of those posters whose head flies off into orbit over a rumour on the forums.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Post the board and black out names sounds like adverse action.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

iajanus posted:

The question clearly says it is in one side of bread, how loving stupid are the people calling it a sausage sandwich.

Sausage between two bits of bread are a sausage sandwich. One bit of bread is a sausage sizzle.

you can absolutely make a sandwich with one side of bread, you idiot, you absolute imbecile

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

you can absolutely make a sandwich with one side of bread, you idiot, you absolute imbecile

:colbert:

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I live in SE QLD and one of the many things we get right is that we don't call it a sausage in bread. If CARTO keeps this repugnant slander going we will be forced to secede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Who gives a gently caress what anyone calls it

• Locked thread