Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I think I'd be more into it if it was from the woman's pov. Well it occurs to me now it might swap later but I lost interest pretty quick.

It's not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Council has convened, you will be punished for bringing this shounen romance to the High Table.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it's supposed to be about a guy who looks past appearances but it really reads more like some creep who has a fetish

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Most folks here are probably familiar with The Bride Was A Boy, which told the tale of someone's journey to transition in Japan in a very easy to digest explanation for those who might not understand or just be ignorant of the whole thing. It was told in a very cutesy, super-deformed artstyle and was very good.

This one seems to be doing something similar, but in a more traditional artstyle.

I like it, it's very charming in a different way from TBWAB, and it also seems like it's going to be a lot more particular rather than the fairly general TBWAB. It's nice that stories and series like these can be made and disseminated around easier, too.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I like it cuz she has a wife

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that too

And the wife doesn't give a fuuuuuuck

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Captain Invictus posted:

that too

And the wife doesn't give a fuuuuuuck

Didn't you listen to her? She has to feed the cats.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she has her priorities in order

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's got them cat poop brain parasites, clearly.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in the thread, but https://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/always-human/list?title_no=557 is pretty cute. Just finished reading it myself.

Mentat Radnor posted:

I just read this one yesterday (it's on mangadex as well)! For some reason the premise had me assuming it would be trashy (and it is a little bit), but the good reviews and lack of ecchi tag made me take a look.

Turns out it's actually adorable! Shame about that title though.

I like this (except the title), shame that the guy occasionally goes into weird-fetish territory with his idolisation but it's kinda sweet nonetheless.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Most folks here are probably familiar with The Bride Was A Boy, which told the tale of someone's journey to transition in Japan in a very easy to digest explanation for those who might not understand or just be ignorant of the whole thing. It was told in a very cutesy, super-deformed artstyle and was very good.

This one seems to be doing something similar, but in a more traditional artstyle.

I like it, it's very charming in a different way from TBWAB, and it also seems like it's going to be a lot more particular rather than the fairly general TBWAB. It's nice that stories and series like these can be made and disseminated around easier, too.

Every time there's a kissmanga link I feel like I've been rickrolled.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Cuntellectual posted:

Same but every time there's a link to a pirated comicbook aggregator that requires a verified email address instead of just adblock.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

https://mangadex.org/manga/23612/umareru-seibetsu-wo-machigaeta

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Same but every time there's a link to a pirated comicbook aggregator that requires a verified email address instead of just adblock.

The first thing just makes me feel like I need to take a shower, the second one feels like an aristocrats joke.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yamada's back in college.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch04

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/232882/1

The new machida is about how being a mom is tough and its my favorite chapter in a while

maximum schmaltz but its such a good sentiment

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a very good chapter, and also has main relationship progress.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'm not sure there's a sweeter, more conflict-free manga out there

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

New Kaguya

If those two get together before the main couple I'm going to break something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gmq posted:

New Kaguya

:rip: stuff in your house.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

gmq posted:

New Kaguya

You know it's going to end right after the main couple get together, though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Waci posted:

You know it's going to end right after the main couple get together, though.

I choose to believe it will end with them getting married.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Extremely advanced ear cleaning.

Speaking of which, is that something that people actually do for each other in Japan, or is it just a trope? I can't imagine cleaning someone's ear as a sign of affection, romantic or not.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There are actually two types of human earwax. A dry, flaky, genetically recessive type found mostly in Asians and Native Americans, and the wet, sticky, dominant type found in most of the rest of the world. :eng101:

That's why it's a real thing but limited to parts of Asia.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

New volume cover is good

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Agreed. That is a good cover!

Regardless of how long it goes, I assume the final, or at least one of the last, arcs would be Shirogane and the others having to deal with Kaguya's actual family, or at least her father. Considering how consistent it's been, though, I wouldn't mind it continuing for a while longer to say the least. That said, I'd rather it end sooner than go too long. That's never fun to see on something you like.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Foxhound posted:

Extremely advanced ear cleaning.

Speaking of which, is that something that people actually do for each other in Japan, or is it just a trope? I can't imagine cleaning someone's ear as a sign of affection, romantic or not.

I've had multiple girls both really want to clean my ears and also pop all my pimples. I think its somewhat less affection than "cleaning up gross body things is satisfying" though. Like how people watch pimple popping vids on youtube apparently. I also had a girl tongue kiss my ear in HS once, which was strange imo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The gently caress

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Don't kinkshame.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am gonna yuck your yum if it's popping other people's zits or watching videos of zit popping yeah

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Lol if you ain't jacking it to Glyceride on the regular

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sindai posted:

There are actually two types of human earwax. A dry, flaky, genetically recessive type found mostly in Asians and Native Americans, and the wet, sticky, dominant type found in most of the rest of the world. :eng101:

That's why it's a real thing but limited to parts of Asia.

I'm Chinese and it blew my mind when I found out whitey doesn't need to do ear cleaning

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarezax posted:

I'm Chinese and it blew my mind when I found out whitey doesn't need to do ear cleaning

When we need ear cleaning the solution is blasting it out with high pressure water.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
seeing someone jam a wooden pick into their ears goes against everything everyone's mom has ever told them about never sticking things into their ears

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

When we need ear cleaning the solution is blasting it out with high pressure water.
In one ear and out the other. :v:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

chumbler posted:

:psyduck: A cotton swab (or a piece of hay if you're an old) is not the standard solution for cleaning your ears everywhere?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you don't need to use them, they usually do the opposite by pushing and compacting ear wax against your ear drum, making things worse. It's also really easy to accidentally damage your ear drum, which is permanent.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
My white Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor used a tiny metal scoop to do it

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
please stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Agronox posted:

please stop

Yeah you guys are grossing me out. Also I had no idea about the 2 types of earwax.